Review of Bandit weak spots and how to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I got my Bandit and it was working great.
The Bandit has a few weak spots,for when I started posting it just stopped working read 9.9ohms.
After replacing coil unit still 9.9ohms????
I wasn't getting a good contact from coil unit to connector,so some mod is needed.Steel wooled threads on connector get them shiny didn't work,so I went in further a thin copper shim may be a needed mod.
After pushing down and spinning the coil I heard a sizzle.So a weak spot is the connection from coil to button,it wasn't continuous,but a firm push and twist fixed it and it's continuous now working again.:vapor:
May need to shine up button that coil touches with eraser of pencil or use a copper shim??

Last edited:

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I got my Bandit and it was working great.
The Bandit has a few weak spots,for when I started posting it just stopped working read 9.9ohms.
After replacing coil unit still 9.9ohms????
I wasn't getting a good contact from coil unit to connector,so some mod is needed.Steel wooled threads on connector get them shiny didn't work,so I went in further a thin copper shim may be a needed mod.
After pushing down and spinning the coil I heard a sizzle.So a weak spot is the connection from coil to button,it wasn't continuous,but a firm push and twist fixed it and it's continuous now working again.:vapor:
May need to shine up button that coil touches with eraser of pencil or use a copper shim??

We cannot recommend this fix as a company - I use my Bandit with no fixes (I do take a little wicking out) and no issues whatsoever. Mods must be done at your own risk.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
I have found that the head/coil unit sometimes has a less than optimal connection to the positive pin myself, but simply pushing the head unit in a little more has always fixed it for me. It seems to me that some of them have ever-so-slightly larger silicone gaskets and need to be coaxed a little more than others. None of them actually need to "snap" or "pop" into place, but some of them seem to need to get over a little "hump of resistance."*

You definitely don't want to put anything loose in there, like a shim, because it will eventually shift and create a dead short--and then the best you can hope for is a dead battery, but a fried mod would be a distinct possibility if you are running electronic.

EDIT:
* Usually it's just pushing on it a little, not even enough to notice it moving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread