Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
The latest in Titanium mods offerering's. There has been four changes to the previous version of Prometey 2 that brings us to the NEW Prometey 3 - another brilliant atomizer from Bashik with awesome flavor and vapor and still 22mm.

1. The Height and weight

Height (without connector and drip tip) is now 36mm - down 9mm from the P2

Weight is now 28 grams - 3 grams less then the P2

Here shown with Prometey 2 - both side by side

149a_zps74de6f33.jpg

2. ADJUSTABLE AIR CONTROL

This is the biggest change of all. The air is now controlled by adjusting the ring from a very tight draw all the
to a huge 2.2 mm opening. This should satisfy all those who love massive air intake. I personally dont use
such a large opening but many of my friends do and appreciate the change.

With this big change - there is no longer a whistling type noise when taking a hard draw. Previously some people had noted this type of noise, though if one used a long slow draw it was not noticed.
No more though - it is gone with the new ring control.

For anyone worrying about leaking - no worries - it does not leak. I have tested this for over a month and only
way it will leak is if you pour juice down the center air hole.

And lastly - with the new air control ring - it is very simple and much easier to adjust the air right away for how
you want to vape at that moment.

AIR HOLE shown here little over half way open

prometey-rba-full-titanium-.jpg

The next change was the height of the center air post. This was necessary to allow an overall height change. It is now much shorter. The only people this will effect are those like me - who are too lazy to take off the top cap and add juice to filler. I tend to drip alot of juice down the drip tip on an angle and refill that way. I still do that, just not as much and a little more carefully. If one gets juice down the air hole, then of course it will leak. Pouring juice down ANY airhole will cause that.

See the new height here of center air hole

prometey-rba-full-titanium-.jpg

Last change was an improved design of the top cap to prevent the filler from twisting - when removing to refill.
I cant comment on that because I dont remove the top cap to refill.

Technical Data

Material: titanium.
Diameter:22 mm.
Diameter the air hole: 2.2 mm
Height (without connector and drip tip): 36 mm.
visually perceived part - 34 mm.
the volume under the synthetic filter - 4.1 cm3.
Volume: 3.7 ml.
Weight: 28 gr.
Liquid absorbing material: synthetic filler

Completion:

- atomizer «PROMETEY III» - 1 piece
- replacement o- rings - 2 pieces
- shims to adjust center pin - 2 pieces
- plastic drip tip - 1 piece
- synthetic filler - 1 piece (enough for 7-10 substitutions)

I highly recommend this new Prometey 3. It can be bought from::

Atomizer «PROMETEY»

It is 115 euros - including shipping - anywhere in the world.

(more will be available NEXT week) They are out of stock right this minute.

156a_zps0bf734c6.jpg

022a_zps76a295d3.jpg

147a_zpsad368081.jpg

012a_zps29ed28d5.jpg

ALL the PROMETEYS - my favorite RBA of all time

145am_zpsfe12257b.jpg

I finish off with ALL of Titanium Mods Atomizers. I dont buy these just to have them - I use them all - they are just that great

Here shown on a variety of PV's

136ab_zps78f7b089.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MsLoud

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Marvelous job Dspin.
I have been a fan of Prometey for years now, my number one atomizer of all, primarily for flavor, and also a big plus for ease of setup.

I just ordered my 2nd Prometey3 (and the new single hole Eclipse which has been modified to be like the Achilles, but with and AFC ring and more air than the Achilles (I love that).

The P3 is now my top favorite thanks to the added air draw; its just PERFECT for me in a single coil atomizer.
The machining is superb, demonstrated when you thread the top cap the AFC ring is held tight with just the last thread; light touch and secure; very easy. Makes refilling the filler super easy. You can also refill from the D/T.

Most use silica to make a loop or cut the loops to have the silica facing up above the coil on each side to touch the top cap filler. If you like silica wick, this is "the" atty.
I prefer cotton wick and this is the trick I use to make it work for me. Simple and effective.
Since you only actually need about 2mm of wick above the coil to touch the filler, I make a little loop with the coil wire tails to keep a 3 or 4mm wick tail from flopping down or over on to the coil.
This pic was taken at night but you can see the wire loop on one side, and there's another on the other side. When I screw the top cap on clockwise the loop prevents the wick tail from being dragged by the filler.

Nothing could be easier to build, and the flavor is unbeatable imo, especially with cotton.
This is how it looks before putting the top cap section on, which holds about 3ml of juice. Its easy to drip into the D/T to refill as long as you tilt it to keep the juice from going straight to the coil which is above the hole, and so that the juice slides to the side to get to the filler.

I prefer DNA40 Temp control to get the cleanest flavor, and with Prometey3, its the ultimate imo.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Thanks for sharing the pics Uke. I agree, the cotton in Prometey is best for me. I use the Pima Cotton (angel hair) I actually make a rolled and looped wick with it and use it that way most of time. I only wish that center air post was a tad higher so I could add more juice in the bottom.

For those who have problem putting on top cap with filler installed - I learned along time ago to put top cap on tank and then insert filler from bottom of tank, adjusting with long tweezer. Much easier for me that way.

This is what I like to do with Prometeys - one loop up and the other end on deck pulling from what I have dripped on it, except P3 loop is much shorter.

038_zpsf9ea23b7.jpg

However Uke, I shall try it the way you have it set up - I always like to try different things with these attys.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I have another one on the way because like I've said it is my favorite; easiest, smoothest, most consistently satisfying vape of all my atomisers. I have a few other RTA's too and have tried quite a few.

I also wonder if anyone is using my style of using cotton, with the little braces on the ends to fix the short cotton wick ends in place.
It appears the P's, 1,2,3 are not made for cotton, but to me its the only way to vape!

I did have a little glitch tonight due to the fact that with my style of setup I need to have the coil in line with the posts because the wire brace-loops are right at the screw heads vs in between the posts making a cross which allows you to keep the coil a little lower.
Here's a shot of it after vaping about 6ml of juice at 400 degrees.

I prefer using DNA40 in TP mode with Ni200 wire which is so low resistance, if you are using 28g and 2.5mm ID coil, I need 12 wraps to get to .15 ohms. and the coil reaches to the posts, meaning i have to keep the coil above the posts to keep from shorting.
When I put the top cap on the ohms went down to. .07 lol... no go. The chimney in the top cap was touching the coil.
What I did to fix it was unthread the top "lid" of the top cap a about 1/2 turn to raise the chimney away from the coil.
With the good sized o ring there, its not a problem. The top stays on firmly and I'm good to go.

If I use 30g Ni wire the coil ID can be smaller (2mm) and the resistance isn't as low as 28g so you can keep the coil between the posts more, and a little lower so as not to touch the chimmey, but I like using 28g once in a while. (if you look at the photo in my previous post, its with 30g Ni200)

So just sharing my experience with my favorite RTA.

I'll have a review of the Eclipse single coil Ti as soon as my second P3 arrives Dspin buddy.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii

I like it!

1. The posts are shorter than the P2 and Achilles for sure but higher than the P3.
That means the juice source (deep well seems to hold 1.5 to 2ml) is closer to the coil... a good thing. (E1 had no well)

2. I like it better than the P2 and Achilles, because the air is 2mm as far as I know. I like at least 2mm.
It's better than the E1 imo because easier to setup (could not get comfortable trying to put 2 coils in the E1), although I do like E1 as a single, and the 2x 1mm air is good. The E2 seems to allow a little less air than the E1 but is sufficient.

3. The top cap has a little chimney inside that goes down towards the coil from the drip/tip opening. and it came with a wide bore (9mm ID) Ti d/t.
I don't really care for wide bore unfortunately so not using it right now. My favorite d/t is on the XPV with a P3 and I don't remember where I got it! It has a 7mm interior ID bore for dripping which is wider than a standard.

4. E2 is all silver no optional gold top cap like E1, and silver AFC ring.
There are 3 size holes in AFC ring and the largest 2mm is just enough... (i prefer the 2.2 of the P3). I don't see how using anything smaller would work for most vapers imo.

5. E1 had the 2 air post off center so you could drip right into the d/t without getting juice into the air post, but the E2 is centered so you have to tilt the E2 when filling through the DT.

6. The screw on top cap like the Prometeys has lots of threads... the AFC ring is loose so you have to fiddle with it to find the hole; there are no markings to let you know where the hole is so i usually fill through D/T.

6. Of course the *flavor is optimal because of Aleks' under coil air design and you can't really get a better shot to the coil as the chimney is almost touching the coil.
Because of that, like the P3 you have to be careful not to raise your coil too much above the screw heads. I'm not sure if it needs to be so close because if you want to raise your coil more than a few mm above the air hole it may be a problem. I think the drip tip will be exposed to the coil and if it touches you have a short. (that happened with my P3 and the chimney so I had to either lower the coil or unthread the top cap piece (2 part top cap) a turn to raise it.)

I put a wider coil in (2.5mm ID) and 28g Ni wire and it almost touches the chimney and may reduce air flow. I will use a 2mm ID next time.

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 59

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I hope you're feeling better D,
I got my 2nd P3 and the Eclipse.
I'll post some shots of the Eclipse 2. I know you don't care for non engraved attys but I'm glad I got this beccause its different and better than the E1.

I'll agree with you there Uke - much better design than the first Eclipse. - Juice wells are important and I didnt need dual coil myself - Air under the Coil is best there is - IMO

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Excellent review dspin I just ordered one of these! How does the size compare to the Achilles? Looks nearly the same : )
Congrats, I also couldn't pass up the deal on the P3 yesterday, lol. Immediately came to this thread to read everything over, dspin did a wonderful job with the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread