Review of PureSmoker Products:

Status
Not open for further replies.

todmacher

Jan 28, 2010
StL, MO
I've been off analogs (1 pack per day) since I received my KR808D-1 (AKA ace) from you guys a week ago today. I open it up, vaped a couple times from a "Kamel" 18mg cart, then handed the half a pack of analogs that remained to my coworker and told him to hold onto them. Today... I told him to keep them. This is the longest I've gone without an analog in five years, and I'm not looking back in the slightest.

Thanks again. I'll probably be purchasing some more carts off of you soon.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I have had a protege since Nov 2009 and have had nothing but good things to say about it.It has been dropped stepped on and partially submerged,and still works like a champ.I work in a machine shop so it takes a daily beating.I use an 801 PS atty on it and have found it to be durable and reliable.Have also used 801's from Esmokey treats and like them as well.As far as PS ejuice,Riskee Yuice has to be my favorite.555 being a close second.I have been using both juices at 6v on a chuck with minimal taste diff.The protege is so dependable it will remain my permanent backup device.I have found two other devices that deliver more vape,but one broke after a month(MKII)and the other is still to new(chuck)to not carry a backup in my glove box.Customer service is good.Had an order get mixed up and got a free bottle of juice.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
Ok

Just got my Protege....... Batteries fully charged 3 1/2 hrs.

The Protege itself was smaller then I thought it would be, that was actually a nice surprise. Construction seems to be top notch. I did not see anything wrong with how the threads were machined, or how any piece (atty) or end cap screwed into place.
Very nice looking!!!!!!!

For those that don't have one, I would say it's a tad bit smaller then a roll of dimes for comparison.

First time I tried it, I got nothing. I was told the button needed to be held down somewhat hard the first few times......guess I forgot.

Second try..............I got this nice warm feeling in my throat, much more so then what the "stock" 510 battery produces. Man it was nice and I was using an Espresso from JC. Thought I would throw that out there.

There is no LED so I guess if you really need one don't buy the Protege.
But I think that would be a mistake, you will get a very nice TH in about 3-5 seconds. And it's warm.

I dripped 3 drops on the atty and ensured I had a full cart.

Push the button and going strong.

Sorry I can't comment on Battery life as this is my first go.

Some may say this unit is pricey, but after you have it in your hand you can say what you want.....
Personally I don't mind paying for quality..........and that's what I got.

I say it's a keeper, well done!

And for what it's worth I am hard to please.

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Nice Story DickW :thumbs:

I got my first V1 back in July or August 09, also bought one of the very first run Protege's and have since aquired another V1 and Protege from the Classified section and just recently recieved my V2. (If you're counting that's 5)

Yes I had a few problems with the Protege's switch in the beginning but I think it was my fault. I was new and didn't realize I was grounding out the switched with the 901 attys by overtightening them. I sent one in for a replacement/repair and then learned to do them myself. Got rid of the 901's and haven't had a switch problem since.

To date PS are the only custom PV's I own and I'm very happy with the high quality design, performance and customer service I've recieved throughout this entire transition.

As far as being on the high end of the price curve; I think for what you get, it's a bargain.
Machined Stainless Steel in lieu of Aluminum. Constant revisions to buttons, end caps and adapters, great prices on a lot of the pieces and bulk pricing on attys.

Last but not least, one of the best customer service / HR people in this or any other industry. (Yes I'm talking about Ms. Casey)

<-- also been know to be somewhat picky.. Just ask my ex :w00t:

I live in that solitude which is painful in youth but, deeeliciooouus in the years of maturity.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
Ok......

I have had the Protege for a day now.................

Got up this morning at around 4:30 fresh battery, it is now 1:40 in the afternoon same battery(I can tell I am getting close), and I have a headache........too much Vaping. My new toy.....you all know what I mean. :cool:

So generally I feel the same about the Protege as I did last night but now I have had the pleasure of appreciating the "Well" were it catches just that little bit of liguid that would normally be all over your hands with the "stock" 510 battery. That is a nice feature!!

This thing is a champ, yes it is my first Mod but most likely after I get my Prodigy, I will be in maintenance mode.

I think I have found what I am looking for, it provides a good throat hit plenty of vapor and I generally use 12-18mg so for you big boys out there that use stronger juice it will most likely be better for you.

That's my story.....

Never mind on the dimensions. I found the other post. I have been looking for a good case to carry my V2 in when out and about and here are a couple of possibilities. I never considered cigar cases.

X-5B
northstarcases.com/detail-X-treme+5+count+++Travel+Cigar+Humidor.aspx]X-treme 5 count Travel Cigar Humidor | Northstar Cases Product Overview[/url]

Cigar Caddy 3140
fuertecases.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=fuertecases&Category_Code=Cigars]Waterproof Cigar Cases & Accessories: Fuerte Cases[/url]

ijdaddy

Nov 13, 2009
L.A.
Anyone give me the dimensions on the Prodigy V2? I have seen them somewhere but I can't find them now. I am looking for a case and I have a few good possibilities I would like to share but I want to be sure it will fit first. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Length without atty is 4 1/4" width is 3/4"

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Hey Everyone,

If you haven't done so already, we would love for you to write your own little reviews of Products you have received from PureSmoker. If you go to PureSmoker.com and find the Products you have received from PureSmoker, and click on the actual Product. Below you will find a place that says "Write A Review" This not only helps other potential/current PureSmoker clients decide on what they might like, it also helps us to deliver top Product 100% of the time.

Example: If we get some great reviews on a certain liquid, we will start carrying more of it and in more variety of strengths.

So, If you wouldn't mind taking a couple minutes, and letting us and the public know your thoughts on a certain Product of ours, we would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks Everyone!
-Steve

Nothing but good to say. I liked my Prodigy V2 so much I ordered a second one.

Thanks for the great product and service.

I purchased my Protege back in November 09 and have not had an analog since it arrived! This is the greatest thing since sliced bread!! Seriously, I have tried other e-cig products and they just didn't do it for me but when I got my Protege..I was sold! My battery lasts all day long and as long as I keep it clean then it works wonderfully. I love the different variety of flavors that Pure Smoker offers and hope to own ALL of them some day. Right now between my husband and I we have 7 or 8 different flavors. My favorite is Blueberry, Watermelon, Risky and Rad Bull : ) I have regained my sense of smell as well as my taste buds! No more waking up in the morning with a congested face from the prior nights chain smoking, lol. I can breathe again! My children are sooo happy that Mom and Dad have quit smoking, they had been praying for this for a VERY long time and Pure Smoker helped us to make it happen. :)

I have not personally experienced any problems with my Protege and any questions that my husband or I have had have been answered by Steve or Cayse within a very short period of time. I am very pleased with their service and quality of product. I cannot thank them enough! I am a Pure Smoker customer for life and look forward to see what they come up with next! :thumbs:

Thank you soooo much Pure Smoker for changing our lives! ;)

GOD Bless!

Nicole Sterrett

duabley

Feb 1, 2010
california
I've been off analogs (1 pack per day) since I received my KR808D-1 (AKA ace) from you guys a week ago today. I open it up, vaped a couple times from a "Kamel" 18mg cart, then handed the half a pack of analogs that remained to my coworker and told him to hold onto them. Today... I told him to keep them. This is the longest I've gone without an analog in five years, and I'm not looking back in the slightest.

Thanks again. I'll probably be purchasing some more carts off of you soon.

hey todd
I just got mine too. are you getting alot of vapor out of yours? what's the TH like I think mine has probs.

I waited anxiously with my eye peeled on the mail box, waiting for that square box on wheels which bears the blue eagle. Having developed a really bad cold and being bed ridden for two days I was just hoping that I would get well enough to see what all the hub bub was regarding this new 5 volt experience. Finally, I saw the flag flying on the mailbox and I snuck past the ever watchful wife, ready to shove foul concoctions down my gullet and force me back into bed. I shivered as I trekked out to the box on the post and was giddy when I saw that little blue and white box with my name on it and the puresmoker return address.

I slunked back to my sick bed and reverently opened the package to find the shiny jewel within. I was very impressed with the brushed silver tube, the elegant logo on precisely engraved. The knurled endcap and the bold black button which adds a nice contrast. I unwrapped the stainless atomizer and carefully screwed it on the unit and then topped it off with my SuperT stainless tip. Shaking slightly, I dripped 4 drips into the end and slowly pushed the buttton and took a reverent drag...and nothing. Oh no, I did something wrong. I double checked my attachments and reviewed the instructions and tried it again and doubled over with hacking and gaging with all the congestions from my cold causing me to think I was going to choke. Wow, it worked! No matter that I might choke, it worked and boy did it work well. I limited my intake for the next few inhales and was rewarded with some mixed results. My normal 510 hits really well but never have I ever actually tasted the juicel

Now, I took a moment to review the other contents of the package and was pleasantly surprised a small bottle of menthol juice, which although not my favorite, I thought I would give it a try. Boy, was a feeling. For the first time in days I actually felt my lungs break up and I breathed a little easier.

Now after a almost 8 hours of using the device I am figuring out the in inconsistencies of the buttton and after a slight modification I am getting used to the inconsistencies of firing the button. I can't say I get much more massive vapor that my 510 with hi-voltage juice but the taste is awesome. I am in love with the weight, the beauty and the magnificent construction of the unit and I am not tied to worrying about if my PCC is keeping my batteries charging faster than I can wear them out.

I have to say I am enthralled with the beauty of the product. I am grateful for the extra little menthol juice which is breaking up the congestion of my flu and I love the attention to detail. My only regret or negative comment is the button which is the most lacking piece of the unit and I think should be a focus on the next generation. It isn't bad, just a little inconsistent but certainly workable with a little adjustment.

Overall, I am very proud to own a V2 and I am impressed with every aspect. The company seems dedicated to their customers and I wish them all the success. I will added them to my hot bar and I am looking forward to dealing with them in the future. My correspondence with the puresmoker team and especially Casey has been positive and I am quite please with their products and service.

I would highly recommend their products and they have converted me over to menthol and I can't wait to try some other flavors and products.

Keep you the good work Puresmoker and consider a new button and on future products and you would have a perfect product.

I fiddled with some of the suggestions on getting the V2 button to work better and it does work wonders. Hits everytime and you can adjust the button resistance with minimal effort. I agree that it should work out of the box just dandy but it is also cool and very easy (even for the mechanically challenged) to make the adjustments just to your liking.

I would but, I have the Prodigy V1 and it's no longer available.

That being said, I have had my V1 since August and has been in for repair twice and sent back to me without repair. The last reply was that it must have been user error. Because Steve could not duplicate the issue, I'm sure. Understandably, if you take your car to the mechanic and you tell him it's making X noise, but he doesn't hear it, what can he do?

I have felt it was a switch problem all along, as it works intermittently but, it couldn't be duplicated when in for repair.

Well, it is down again, so there it sits, and darn near out of warranty, but do I send it back, or put it in a drawer and forget about it, or pay the about $35 including shipping for a mechanical switch? BTW, the whole reason for the mechanical switch is...??????? Yep, you guessed it, original switch problems.

Now PS, has always been polite about the whole thing, each time, especially Casey, but frustration has set in, and I'm not one to rag on them day in and day out for this, so I don't, I just want something that works, day in and day out, is that too much to ask for?

End Rant.

Paul

timothymass

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Springfield, Mo
I have nothing but high quality products from puresmoker and would recommend their products to anyone I have had the protege for about three months now and its still going strong the end cap is a little finicky but its still holds on. Ive also got the usb adapter for the protege and it works fine it was a great idea it was a little hard to get the grommet on to begin with but is working great now love vaping at 5v. Also I have the prodigy v2 cant wait to see how v5 all day will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread