Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Well, here it is four years later and I'm vaping P51. Jerry sent me a sampler of a special retro-run he did, and I must say it's exquisite. It is 100% VG based and 18mg.
Jerry said in another thread that P51 is extracted from a special tobacco blend. I don't know if the sources of P51 of old and this new batch are the exact same, have no way of knowing. I can assume though that the years of practice in WTA extraction makes this new embodiment superior regardless of the source blend. :)

As usual with Aroma Unflavored WTA it has that incredible true-to-life throat hit. This always astounds me considering the namby-pamby VG base. P51 definitely does have a different "flavor" than the standard VS WTA of today, but being "unflavored" it's a little difficult to put it in understandable terms. I guess the best impression was given way back in the original post in this thread: "The P51 Mustang is a smooth tobacco blend with discernible cedar flavoring. In my opinion, it is similar to the Halo Freedom, but better. While the cedar taste is noticeable in every vape, it's pleasantly blended with the more predominant tobacco flavor. I think "robust" and "fresh" are good descriptors."

I might differ with bigboom's impression though in some ways. I actually don't think he knew what he was vaping! :) I don't get "tobacco" out of it, though in reality I've probably forgotten what "tobacco" tastes like and things like the disgusting NETs I've tried either taste like cigarette butts floating in a coffee can full of water or grabbing a tobacco leaf and munching it down with a spoonful of sugar, neither of which appeals to me. The tobacco "flavor" here is that wonderful feeling and sense that our beloved tobacco gives us, I think with WTA it's easy to get our senses' wires crossed and get a feeling mixed up with a flavor. The one thing I agree with bigboom about is the "cedar" quality. It has a neat woody taste, feeling, whatever you want to call it. At 18mg it's perfectly harsh (I mean that in a good way) and you really want to kick back and enjoy it. I would vape it all the time. :)

Jerry said that it's expensive. I wonder what price it would be? Probably enough to freak most people out for sure. I'd buy it though. :)

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
This is what P51 looks like in 2014:

dahYUip.jpg

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thank you for the eloquent review Snork.
I too was graced with a sampling of P51 in my last order. (Getting a package from Aroma is as exciting as when I was a kid and I got a box of Cracker Jacks...the FREE prize).
It's not a secret that I tend to go for BIG flavor like P-38 and Black Clove. (Too many years of menthol smokes). I also must admit that I have never vaped soley the present-day DIY WTA (24 mg is a bit high for me), but I gladly add it to other BIG flavors to give me that "I'm ok" feeling:). But with P51 being 18 mg. I gave her a drip.
What I noticed was the great throat hit (I couldn't agree more Snork. VG isn't known to carry flavor IMHO). Yes, it is very smooth and I would call it earthy, but in a good way. I also noticed that I kept dripping! It does not have big flavor but I don't think that that is the purpose of this juice.
I am pleasantly surprised! Doubt that this will start a craving for "tobacco" flavors.
Thank you Jerry and Chris for your labor of love. A real treat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread