Review of the clapton wire by UD (youde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapee

Jun 8, 2015
wirereel_zps9aa9d103.png

Available at gearbest in 5m spools for $5.99 currently, but theres a coupon still working: youdewire to bring it down to $5.2

Edit: was working before, hopefully still now

Youde 5 Meters 26AWG and 32AWG 2 Wires Twisted Kanthal Resistance Wire Roll E - cigarette Coils for Atomizers DIY-5.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Received a roll of this wire from GearBest to review, its a 5 metre roll that comes on a spool with notches on the side so you can avoid the wire unravelling itself. The wire itself having all the grooves means itll grip quite well to the notch so you don't need to bend the wire or waste alot of excess which was a plus!

wirereel2_zps4548410b.png

At first I read that the wire could have some residue on it but the one I received seems clean, you could give it a wash if you wanted though, but dry burning would also help.

The wire itself appears to not have any flaws too - one thing that can be tricky to avoid when making it manually with a drill! Also since its not the thickest wire it can be cut with some average scissors.

wirestrand1_zps703b743c.png

Its been great having a large amount of clapton wire all pre made as it would take a while to make this much with a drill lol, especially when trying out different sizes of coils and on different devices too!

The main one I've liked using it on was with the mutation x v3 with 5 wraps around a 2.5 diameter wire coil winder like this one:

1422571968142-P-2384871.jpg

Wire Coil Winder for E-Cigs-2.95 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Its quite alot easier to work with than some other wires as you can make a tight coil by hand and don't need to squeeze it too much after, just maybe to sort out any hot spots.

mutationx1_zps8a35d5ee.png

Its good to tighten down the coil quite a bit to avoid the "jumping ohms" I tightened it down alot and it didn't get cut by the screw which was good. I prefer to cut the wire rather than bend it back n forth with claptons as the outer wire usually remains and needs to be cut too.

dual5wrap1_zps24077122.png

dual 5 wrap came to 0.35 ohms around the 2.5mm diameter winder section.

On the aeolus 6 wraps:

dual6wrap1_zps184e0d92.png

The vape:

Definitely a difference from a regular 26awg setup, the wire itself retains alot more liquid than usual and when in use it seems to go through alot more liquid and more vapor in the process. It definitely needs to be juiced up well. Its a warmer vape than the regular 26awg so can benefit from good airflow that the mutation x has.

I fitted the wire in a kayfun 4 and goblin too but have been dripping mainly but its quite tricky to fit in the goblin as alot of wires can be! 2mm diameter just about works with that and 6 wraps, but the wire needs to be quite tight at the post and fairly close to the deck so it doesnt touch the chimney collar or chimney. 1.5mm might make things easier in that regard.

The kayfun you can have large diameter coils but the only issue is fitting it under the screws, it can pop out from underneath the screws fairly easily so need to make sure its tight! You could even fit it in the kayfun 3 but the vape would get very hot with the smaller air holes. Also it doesn't really produce any vapor below 20 watts :)

Since theres alot of time and thin gauge wire saved you can also use the wire in more complex setups like twisting it or 2 thin wires crossed over too, just hold the other end tight with pliers and secure it in the drill well - it may unravel a bit after you stop but not too much.

wires_zpsa29a1239.png

wires2_zpse8c78b3c.png

It seems youde have been making all sorts of wires lately too so if you just want regular kanthal, kanthal ribbon, pre twisted wire or nickel wire theres many options Youde Wire Best Deals + Free Shipping | GearBest.com

dual5engine_zps28e07b78.jpg

Have fun! and use good quality high drain batteries with any sub ohm coils!

Reactions: Mooch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread