*REVIEWS* - HHV Artisan Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Welcome to the HHV Artisan Reserve reviews thread!

Here you will be able to find reviews for all the HHV Artisan Reserve flavors. The purpose of this thread is for reference only. It is not a discussion area. We want people to be able to quickly scan the posts and find the information they are looking for without having to wade through hundreds of comments.

Anyone (that's you) may post in this thread as long as it meets two criteria:

1) Your post must be in the form of a review for one or more of the juice flavors listed here.
2) You must put the juice name, PG/VG ratio, and nic level at the top of each reviewed post.

Please do not leave any comments to the reviews you find in this thread. Any posts found not to follow the above guidelines may be deleted by a moderator.

The flavors eligible for review in this thread are:

Triple Threat

Mo-Joe

Double Trouble

Sweet Chaos

We are looking forward to your reviews!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
  • Deleted by LAwaters
  • Reason: Appreciate your comment but it's not a review. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
  • Deleted by LAwaters
  • Reason: Appreciate your comment but you're right - it's not a review. :)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Triple Threat: 100% VG; 6 mg. provari @ 5.2/nautilus aspire 1.8

Lori actually summed it up earlier. Definitely a creamy inhale, a spicy-ish exhale and just a touch of that Huntsman/Gaia calibre net in the middle. Note - just a touch. Don't be turned off because you "don't like Gaia/Huntsman". It's a gentle breeze in the middle of a very rounded vape in this latest offering. I would say that those who don't like the heavier HHV nets, but DO enjoy the lighter NET offerings that Heather and Adam make will definitely enjoy this one.

I'm not big on creamy vapes, but this one I really enjoy (as I did Shadow when it had matured about 4 months). I didn't have to wait anywhere near that amount of time for my first try of Triple Threat, just about 2 weeks and I'm sure it will get even stronger as it ages.

I do want to note that I'm personally hampered by having to be a 100% VG vaper, as PG is too much of an irritant for me; but I will be very interested to see what those with a solid PG ratio, and a hotter vape will have to say. Hopefully they can add more nuance to the above. Would I buy again? Yes.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Double Trouble Max VG 6mg. Do I like it enough to reorder it? Yes I do and will.:)

Disclaimer.... I dripped this in my Mutation X V1 with a duel coil ribbon at 0.45ohm on a mech and the Fuchai. The mech is about 35 watts and the Fuchai I pushed as high as 50 watts. And I'm doing direct lung hits. Keep that in mind as your results may vary.:p

Now if you like Monkey Mango and Crackberry then I think you'll like Double Trouble. I find this to be a smooth vape. On inhale you get a light juice flavor of sweet Mango. The sweetness continues but the flavor transitions to the blackberry for the exhale. To me the overall flavor is blackberry except at the first inhale. The Mango and blackberry compliment each other making for a nice lightly sweet vape in the form of a sweet fruit juice not sugar or bakery sweet. If you like fruit vapes this one is worth a try.:2c:

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Double Trouble (Mango Blackberry), 50/50 PG/VG, 12 mg
Aqua v2, .8 ohm single coil, ZNA Lite @ 20.6W
Born on 3/25/16

It's like these two flavors were meant for each other! I can't stop vaping it and I normally only like a few fruit flavors once in a while. It's that good. I vape HHV NETs almost exclusively, then sometimes bakery flavors or sometimes mint flavors. I wanted to love Crackberry, but it was not for me. I never have mango flavored anything, because usually flavorings are off. So for me to love this flavor this much is saying something. At first, the blackberry takes the forefront. As it ages, the mango comes forward and the blend is a complex flavor all its own. As David said above, mango is there more on the inhale. Blackberry comes in on the exhale. This is not overly sweet. Just yummy fresh fruit!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Sweet Chaos (Amaretto Almond White Cake)
50/50 PG/VG, 12 mg
Born on 3/25/16
Aqua V2, IPV D3, .8 ohm single coil @ 24W

If you've ever had a gourmet bakery creation, you know that there's cake and then there's Cake. This is the melt in your mouth, so good it should be a crime, I could die happy now dessert you get at one of those upscale restaurants. You can almost taste the butter cream based almond amaretto icing melting in your mouth around the moist white cake. Like all perfect cakes, this one does not scream sugar. It's a fine, balanced dessert flavor for grown ups. Ultimate after dinner dessert with no calories! This would pair perfectly with coffee - or Fresh Grindz in a second tank. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Mo-Joe (White Chocolate Caramel Coffee)
50/50 PG/VG, 12 mg
Born on 3/25/16
Aqua V2, IPV D2, single coil, .8 ohm, 23W

When we talked about this flavor, Heather told me that she and Adam are serious coffee connoisseurs. Their quest led them to the degree that they purchase beans and roast them themselves. That's how serious they are about optimal coffee flavor. It shows in Mo-Joe. On inhale, there's the flavor of a bit of caramel and white chocolate. On exhale it's deep rich coffee with a small dash of cream. It's very lightly sweet. The dominant note is coffee, especially as it's aging. Worth a try if you love coffee.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
Mo-Joe
3mg Max VG
Royal Hunter mini RDA (dual fused claptons 0.35 ohms @ 65-70w)

Flavor is BOLD! Definitely don't have to search for the notes on this one. I'll keep this simple. On my RDA, it tastes like a Tiramisu from my favorite Italian restaurant. (you guys don't know me personally, but I take my Italian cuisine VERY seriously) This is not a typical coffee vape. This is what a coffee vape should aspire to be.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Triple Threat Update
100% VG 6 mg
6 weeks aging

Still has that rounded creamy inhale and spiciness on the tongue, but the flavor has now come to the foreground. It has metamorphosed into an amazingly tasty light tobacco net. It's definitely more-ish at this stage and I've ordered another 2 bottles. The flavor, once fully developed and after kicking out the oiliness of the VG is reminiscent of a flavor that any lover of the original and extremely popular "Smooth Criminal" made by another vendor, will love (Eleanor will know what I mean :D) I'm waiting for Bronze to determine if there's a reminiscence also of early Gandalf. Whatever it is, it has the simplicity and complexity of both the juices named above and I'd highly recommend it. (well, I've ordered another 2 bottles so I guess that's obvious). While I enjoy the heavier nets, I have been known to addict myself to this particular flavor profile for months at a time, and now give it 5 stars. Well Done Heather and Adam!:thumb:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Triple Threat
100% VG 6mg

I was able to sample this flavor due to the generosity of Hulamoon (see her review above mine) who sent me the last half of her bottle (thank you Hula). I wanted the full flavor impact so I vaped Triple Threat in an Achilles dripper at 10 watts. To me, the primary flavor is earthy/musty similar to a Perique blend. However, there is an additional note that takes the top off the earthy-like flavor. Perhaps this is the creamy note referenced in the description. The creamy note is more of a feel than a flavor. Perique can be an overbearing flavor and the creamy note has the effect of smoothing this vape. If I had to compare it to any of the other HHV NET offerings it would have to be the earthy based flavors found in Dark Horse, Huntsman, Gaia, and Maple, Eh. But unlike those four, Triple Threat is smoother with a slightly subdued spicy note. Take some Huntsman and spike it with some Shadow or Heavenly Army and this is the flavor profile I get from Triple Threat.

While I enjoy the earthy HHV NETs (including Triple Threat) I can enjoy them for only short periods of time. A 30ml bottle would last me a year. But if you are a fan of Perique or earthy NETs then I'm certain you will enjoy the smooth and pleasant taste of Triple Threat. It's another high quality offering from HHV.

Last edited:

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Double Trouble (Mango-Blackberry)
50/50 - 12mg + 6mg = 9mg
Kayfun 5 - 1.5Ω - 3.7 volts

Double trouble, IMO, is a masterpiece flavor.
My search for a mouth-watering fruity vape, as a contrast to my tobacco based flavors, ended when I found Double Trouble. I’ve been vaping for 5 years, and this is the most delicious fruit flavor I’ve ever tried. While the combination of blackberry and mango may seem like an odd couple, they are a match made in heaven, amazingly authentic, and most prevalent on exhale. The sensation is one of a mouth full of delicious fruit flavor. Double Trouble is a “must try” for anyone who likes fruit flavors. I haven’t tried it with menthol (not an available option for this pre-mixed flavor) but I suspect it would be delightfully refreshing if you added a touch of frost.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Sweet Chaos
50/50 12mg
Kayfun 2019 Lite
.5 ohm 20 watts

I truly enjoy dessert flavors and Sweet Chaos is a winner. You can taste the vanilla, a buttery cream, and a hint of amaretto. I didn't waste anytime with steeping as it's already to vape when it arrives. I loved it with the first puff and vaped it for a few hours last night. This afternoon I went back to it just to remind myself how good it tastes. It's not for vaping all day, but a few times a day it fits the bill. Yes, I would purchase it again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread