Status
Not open for further replies.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Welcome to the HHV Sweets & Desserts reviews thread!

Here you will be able to find reviews for all the HHV Candy, Dessert, and Bakery lines of e-juice. The purpose of this thread is for reference only. It is not a discussion area. We want people to be able to quickly scan the posts and find the information they are looking for without having to wade through hundreds of comments.

Anyone (that's you) may post in this thread as long as it meets two criteria:

1) Your post must be in the form of a review for one or more of the juice flavors listed here.
2) You must put the juice name, PG/VG ratio, and nic level at the top of each reviewed post.

Please do not leave any comments to the reviews you find in this thread. Any posts found not to follow the above guidelines may be deleted by a moderator.

The flavors eligible for review in this thread are:

Apple Butter Rum Cake
Atomic Grasshopper
Blade
Blueberry Muffin
Butter Rum
Carnival
Chocolate Orange (P)
Cin City
Fireball (P)
Heavenly Waffles (build your own)
Hubba Hubba
Mallow Mint
Menthol Ice
Parrothead (P)
P'nut Butter Cookie
Peppermint Blast
Powder Keg
Tuscan Cocoa (P)
Vanilla Dream

(P) represents the Purity line of liquids whose flavorings are made without the use of PG.

So what are you waiting for? Get reviewin'!

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Vanilla Dream 70/30 PG/VG 15mg

It definitely lived up to it's name. Vanilla, vanilla just vanilla. If there is anything going on other than that, my taste buds were only getting the vanilla. I vaped a half tank and could not do anymore. I like vanilla, don't get me wrong, but I like vanilla as an enhancer to a flavor. I gave it to my daughter and she loves it. :) It's just not for me.

If you REALLY like vanilla, give this a try.

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
Blueberry muffin 70/30 PG/VG 18mg

I steeped it for 10 days before I tried it - tasted wonderful! has a great, spot on blueberry flavor. especially on the inhale and a rich muffin flavor on the exhale. Particularly when exhaling through the nose. This flavor is has most definately made it into my rotation. While it's not an ADV for me..It's absolutely a great early morning or even late evening vape.

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
Vanilla Dream 70/30, 18 mg

Vanilla is definitely at the forefront of this juice. I steeped for a week. My initial impression is that it was a straight-forward, natural tasting vanilla, but after 2 ml, it developed a bit of a caramel/cheesecake flavor to me. I LOVE it, but as was the case for Robin, I can't vape it all day. It would be like drinking a vanilla milkshake all day. Vapor production is thick and plentiful, and throat hit for me was not excessive. Overall, a wonderful vape!

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Apple Butter Rum Cake 30PG/70VG 15mg

This juice tastes just like butter rum hard candy with a slight bakery-ness to it. It is totally addicting. I don't have straight HHV Butter Rum to compare it to, but I don't get much apple in this. Only ever so slightly. I would want a just bit more. I could vape it all day but only have a 15ml bottle. I'm going to order 30ml in my next order for sure and ask for a touch more apple if possible.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Parrothead 30PG/70PG 15mg

A light creamy lime flavor. Not tangy or acidic but refreshing. The flavor is rather light so I would ask for a flavor bump to suit my tasters. I don't think it tastes like real Key limes, but I'm a Key Lime Pie snob. Not an ADV for me but I'm glad I have a large bottle of it for times when I want a lighter vape that isn't cloying to my pallet.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Tuscan Cocoa, 70/30, 18mg

I'm not a dessert vaper by any stretch so take this review for what it's worth. I am a self-confessed chocoholic so Tuscan Cocoa was a must try...if for no other reason than it would be a novelty. Well, I have to say, I was quite impressed with Tuscan Cocoa. It provides a full flavored choco fix...closer to a milk chocolate than a dark chocolate. There is a slight creamy base to supplement the taste and feel of this smoke juice. The vapor and throat hit are excellent. Definitely an occasional vape for me (I'm not a dessert vaper, remember) but I enjoy it a few times a month. Worth a try if you like chocolate.

Bodach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Georgia
Fireball 0/100 12mg
Using Kanger T3 on an ego (3.7V) and vamo.

I asked them to make this one semi-custom. As spicy and hot as possible. Said, if they couldn't do that, then the standard is fine. The message on my packing slip was, "Added a little extra Yummy as asked, Hope you like!!" However, there was no "extra" written on the bottle like they do with normal extra flavor juices. Not sure exactly what they did differently with this one, but man.... it's so good! It really shines at a higher wattage.

I was hesitant to make a review of Fireball because I'm not sure how "custom" my version is.

But, I just have to share how amazing this is. I cannot wait any longer!

On the 3.7V ego: It's the most flavorful juice I've ever tasted -- even though it's 100% VG. You can taste it on your tongue, dramatically, when you inhale. Tastes like a fireball, or Big Red gum. Not "hot" in the way the actual fireball is, but feels as though it's going to leave that sensation. The spot on your tongue that got the inhale, will, however, feel a bit hot.

Best I can describe it is that it's like a fireball candy is right after you get past the "hot" part of the shell, and get to the sweet middle.

If you like that candy, you'll enjoy this vape.

On the Vamo: Cranking up the wattage on this one grants the best reward of any juice I've tried doing the same. The hotness REALLY comes out. I normally vape at around 5.5-7.5 watts, or 3.6-4.2 volts. At 10-11 watts (can go 12, I've found, but that just becomes "novelty hot") on a 2.4 ohm T3, there is no burnt wick taste because the juice's native flavor is so dramatic. The spicy/hot fireball taste hits the tip of your tongue, and a long vape becomes an exact replica of popping one of the candies into your mouth. At 10 watts, the throat hit becomes very satisfying. I was worried about the 100% vg blend not granting much of anything, but that's been put to rest. If you have a variable voltage or wattage mod, GET FIREBALL! Just get it. Seriously. Maybe you can cite my post for the version they made for me. Was Order Number: 9526

Just make sure you have a drink near. ;)

I didn't think it was even possible to get this kind of brow wiping heat out of a juice.

HHV nailed another one.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Tuscan Cocoa/Shadowfax Blend, 70/30, 18mg

I previously reviewed Tuscan Cocoa (nothing has changed) but want to add that MPH has been blending his Tuscan Cocoa with Heavenly Army and getting a nice blend. I have been blending it with Shadowfax and also getting excellent results. Tuscan Cocoa blends perfectly with the creamy base found in both HA and Shadow. If I had any complaints about HA and Shadow, it was that they were a bit rich and I could not vape them for more than a couple hours at a stretch. The Tuscan Cocoa cuts into the richness of these two flavors and makes it a much more durable vape without compromising flavor. In fact, it enhances the flavor. TC is also a perfect fit for the graham top note found in HA and the light vanilla note in Shadow. Mix at 50/50 and allow the blend to steep. You are mixing flavors and they need to bond just as if it were a freshly made juice. Adjust the blend ratio according to your likes. Enjoy.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Blade @ 70/30 VG/PG w/ 12mg nicotine.
I AM an admitted Sweet Vape Lover, and HHV Blade is one of my favorites. Think Junior Mints or York Peppermint Patty. If You've ever had either of those candies, you know the taste of Blade. Minty and Rich, it provides outstanding flavor. This flavor is a standard part of my reorders, and it does not need to be steeped for more than a week or two if that. Blade is one of, if not the, most authentic and flavorful candy vapes I've found anywhere. For those who have not yet had Junior Mints or York Peppermint Patties (where have you been ?) the flavor is a sweet powerful mint surrounded by dark chocolate candy. And HHV Blade is a spot-on replica of that flavor.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Atomic Grasshopper @ 70/30 VG/PG w/ 12mg nicotine
This selection was part of my origonal HHV order, and I have reordered a couple of times since. AG is a true replica of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. So much so that Bryers, Sealtest and Blue Bunny would have trouble surpassing this flavor. Smoother, creamier and a bit more mellow than Blade, this vape is exactly like eating a small bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. This is another outstanding flavor from the HHV line of custom e-liquids.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Blade & Atomic Grasshopper...Additions and Clarifications

After exchanging several PMs with another member I think I should add the following;
Speaking from experience, if you include both Blade and Atomic Grasshopper in the same order, Blade will be stronger. Not that there's anything wrong with Atomic Grasshopper mind you. Both Blade and AG are incredibly authentic, it's just a matter of do you want candy or ice cream :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Juice: Cin City
PG/VG: 40/60
Nic level: 6mg/ml
Device: Kanger T3

The first time I tasted this juice was when I ordered it for a friend I had introduced to vaping. I was curious, so I snuck a HH.357 full of it and tried it out - heck he wouldn't miss the few drops it took to fill the atty. By the time the atty was dry, I had made up my mind that I had to order it!

This week my order finally came in after taking a slow mule to Bangkok - a fellow teacher was on vacation to see his folks and he offered to bring back my juices for me and he even took the caps & drippers off and start the steeping process while he was there, so by the time they reached me they were already steeped a full month! I wasted no time filling a T3 and dug right in.

Ah, just as I remembered - a warm sweet bun fresh out of the oven with a bit of cinnamon to accent the sweetness. Definitely not an up your sinus, hot tamale cinnamon, but a baker's touch of just the right amount to round out the flavor to an exact replica of one of my favorite desserts the cinnabun. I believe, Heather must be a damn good cook and baker to get the flavors so exact - the soft warm dough, the sugary sweetness of the cinnamon, and do I perceive a dash of rich, creamy butter?

This vape goes well with a mug of my favorite coffee in the morning, after a meal or any time your sweet tooth starts acting up. Best thing about it is that you can have your snack and not worry about breaking your diet!!! Cin City is Cinfully satisfying. (Kind of like, "Having your cake and vaping it too.)

On the vapor side, the 40/60 ratio produced abundant clouds of vapor; not too much throat hit, which is just the way I like it, but enough TH and nic to satisfy the cravings. Disclaimer: It did take several months for me to cut down to the 6mg level, so if you're just getting off the stinkies, you might want to increase both the PG and nic levels to suite your taste and habit.

Last edited:

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Cary, North Carolina, USA
Peppermint Blast 60/40 12 mg in a Protank

I gobbled this harder than a turkey! The minute I got it I threw in on my dripper and it was awesome but had a slight extra taste, so caps off for 1 day before I couldn't wait any longer to try it again.........I'm gonna need to place another order because it is becoming one of my favorites.

This Peppermint tastes like natural peppermint, it is very similar to the flavor of Altoids mint, just not quite as strong. I am also using this one to mix with. I have added it to both crackberry and Lemonade, Both turned out very nice! I will say that if I could let this steep for about 2 weeks + it would be amazing!!!!

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
Mallow Mint 80pg/20vg 18mg in an EVOD

Well Mallow mint is incredible. A very mellow vape is my new favorite. It is a lighter version of those after dinner pillow mints. I have to have 80PG/20VG due to a VG sensitivity and it still makes loads of vapor. I absolutely adore this flavor. If you have thought about it try it! I only wish they had 240ml size available because I would load up with this flavor.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Blueberry Muffin @ 30/70 PG/VG w/ 12mg nicotine. Using REOSmini and RM2.

Unlike pastry flavors I've tried from other vendors, HHV Blueberry Muffin is spot on. it is a rich, moist yet light muffin flavor that is permeated with the flavor of ripe, sweet blueberries. A definite must-try, makes for an outstanding morning vape or an anytime sweet alternative to your ADV. Highly recommend this one.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Powder Keg 30/70 PG/VG @ 12mg nicotine. Using REOS mini and RM2.

I first ordered Powder Keg over a year ago when I was new to vaping. At that time I tasted Coconut and Chocolate, but not Almond.

Now, a year later, maybe either my taste buds or my equipment (or both) have improved. I allowed this Powder Keg to steep for a month, and I am getting a definite Almond/ Coconut taste on the inhale and a Coconut/ Dark Chocolate on the exhale. Rich and flavorful, I am somewhat surprised this e-liquid doesn't have more of an audience. I am currently using PK in rotation with Shadow and Dragon's Fire, and neither of these NET's diminishes or distorts Powder Keg's sweet, rich flavor.
I would recommend trying a 15ml bottle of Powder Keg, and allow to steep well before trying it out.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Powder Keg 80/20 VG/PG @ 18 nicotine. I am using an IGO-T RDA with 2.0 ohm micro coil at 4.5 volts.

So I tried this, because I have heard several nice reports of it. I normally don't like dessert flavors, but this was worth a try since I used to really enjoy dark chocolate when I used to eat sweets.

My juice was steeped for two days cap off, four days cap on. When I first taste it, I get the dark chocolate right away, then the coconut blends into the chocolate flavor gradually. Then, on exhale, I get a distinct "bite" of almond. It is nicely balanced, and the flavors compliment each other quite well. The dark chocolate is sweet but not sickeningly so and it is allowed to be the star of the vape. One of my favorite HHVs now, I vape it daily. The coconut is noticeable, but subtle, as is the almond.

I like dripping it because I have it as a bit of a treat to break up my tobacco flavors that remain the workhorses of my vaping habit. I recommend a 15 ml bottle, just like Papaw does above me.

Thanks for the suggestion PapawBrett! Nice review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread