Revive your misfiring 808/auto battery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmckay

Moved On
Nov 30, 2014
I've put this in the KR808 thread as that is the model I own. This advice also applies to most automatic-firing slim cig-a-like type batts.

The main cause of automatic battery failure in these types of device is juice getting into the battery from the carto through over filling or filling the carto when still on top of the batt.

What happens is that some juice gets right through to the vacuum switch in the tip of the batt and contaminates the switch's little felt dust shield. If this shield gets damp with juice it will NEVER dry and the batt will never work smoothly again until you do what I suggest below..

Remove the carto and put aside.

Simply prise off the cover from the glowing end of the batt.
Now very carefully extract the pressure switch from the grommet using tweezers or a pin. Whist you have the switch hanging loose, blow gently through the end that joins to the carto to clear any excess fluid that has got in there. Wipe with a tissue. Don't accidentally get more juice onto the switch!

Do not break the three solder joins. Peel back the tiny black felt disc from the non-solder side of the switch. You may have to remove it altogether if badly contaminated. You can replace it with a tiny bit of cotton wool if you like.

Reassemble battery and it should work a lot better.
Be careful to align the air slots in the tiny plastic glow tip with any tiny air channels in the grommet which holds the switch.

I hope this helps. My experience is that almost all equipment failures in the vaping world are repairable apart from a dead lithium cell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread