DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome aboard!

What's your build, and at what power are you running? With cotton, "less is more" - you want just enough to fit through the coil(s), but not over-packed.

When I fire up a new build, I will start at much lower power than where I intend to run, just to make sure I'm not getting "Sizzle-hits" Then bring it up to where I want to vape.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hello.
This is my first post on this site sorry if ive done something wrong
Brought the limitless RDTA Plus and everytime I put cotton in it tastes burnt but its clean cotton and its all wet. What am I doing wrong?
A you need to Prime the coils.

B the cotton can't be packed in there. You need the wick tight but still able to slide in the coil. Too tight and cotton will have wicking issues and burn the coil.

C turn the wattage down and work your way up.

If you are vaping at 50 watts with a new wick that has been. Juiced turn the wattage down to 35-30 watts abd work your way up to wbere you like it.

Reactions: DingerCPA

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I see you have some answers so I'm just going to:

viannen_01.gif

Welcome to ECF!​

pJYvGY3.gif

:)

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What kind of cotton are you using?

The type of cotton you're using might arguably be the reason it tastes burnt. Ordinary cotton balls might have been bleached with chlorine prior to packaging, and should be soaked in water. Not soaking ordinary cotton might give a burnt taste when vaped. "Organic cotton" should have no chemicals or other ingredients in it, and thus doesn't require soaking.

Cotton often will have that distinctive "new cotton taste" when you make a new wick and vape it for the first time. This taste usually disappears after a few vapes. I use Rayon exclusively now, and I never get that new cotton taste.

As others have said, with a new wick re-set your power settings to a lower setting and gradually increase it to your preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread