Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Also. How long should batteries last (in terms of lifetime)?
I mostly mtl with 1.2s on a mech. Not much stress but I will occasionally use the same batteries for a .4 build.
I don't really have that good an idea of how long the batteries last in terms of hours in the days.

They are all labelled so should I just give them a year or 2/3/4 years if they are still going?

Thanks

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I put the cell on wood floor against my foot to control the speed that the blower pushes it to a slow roll.
The common advice is 300 cycles or a year of continuous use. Of course there are many variables in terms of how hard they are used, and who can count charge cycles? If they take longer to charge than usual or they don't seem to hold a charge as long then it's time to replace. I tend to replace mine when they hit a year regardless of performance to be on the safe side. Remember the CDR will drop as the cell ages.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thanks. Ok. 18650s are not a problem to replace but I worry about these 350s and 490s I have. Can't seem to find them as much.

So I don't need to worry about how hot these batteries get for the 20-30 seconds I have the bdryer on?
I know it's an external heat but still,
heat + batteries can't be good.

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
I rewrap all my batteries with transparent wraps...and new insulators too, and I use a normal lighter, no hot air blower.Works fine without burning my fingers and making the batteries hot! I hold them between my fingers while heating the wraps up! It is not too difficult. Need less than one minute for one battery...ok, i have got some practice!

Some of them:

AbLv4Pb.jpg

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If you try to cut corners, save time and use a blowtorch instead, then i find that if the battery goes cherry red, it's all over.

:)

There are meters that measure the internal resistance of your battery , but they are not cheap. If you run a lot of batteries and measure them kinda regularly, then you can see a pattern of deterioration develop. It really does depend on how hard you push them as to how long they will last, but i agree that after about a year, especially if you sub-Ohm, call it a day and get some more.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread