Status
Not open for further replies.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Ok! So I'm still new to all of this so here goes my questions! I only use my REO in the morning and before I go to bed so not using it heavily yet! I've been using it for about three weeks and the flavor is still awesome and it hits great but I think it is time to try out a new juice! So if I am right I don't have to change the coil. I just remove the old wick, dry burn, rewick, change out my bottle and squonk? Just want to make sure! I plan to use it all day on the weekends!

Reactions: Alawot

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Ok! So I'm still new to all of this so here goes my questions! I only use my REO in the morning and before I go to bed so not using it heavily yet! I've been using it for about three weeks and the flavor is still awesome and it hits great but I think it is time to try out a new juice! So if I am right I don't have to change the coil. I just remove the old wick, dry burn, rewick, change out my bottle and squonk? Just want to make sure! I plan to use it all day on the weekends!

You got it right!

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
What you said is all true, although if the new flavor is in any way compatible, and you're not OCD about a hint of the old flavor for a few vapes, you can just swap the bottle and vape on. You'll likely get a "mixture" for 3 or 4 vapes until the new completely replaces the old. FYI, if you want to see how the two mix or just want to try a new flavor, you can drip 3 or 4 drops into the top of the atty and try it, the old will replace(ish) the new next time you squonk.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
You will know by taste when to change the wick. Plus every flavor and VG/PG ratio is different. I change wicks (I use KGD) when the flavor is not as well....flavorful. One of my flavors is a real "atty eater." (Pretty gunky/ dark ie clove). I change it every 3-6 mls. Another favorite flavor I enjoy is very light in color and I bet I don't change it but every 12-18 mls maybe.

You'll know....

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
You will know by taste when to change the wick. Plus every flavor and VG/PG ratio is different. I change wicks (I use KGD) when the flavor is not as well....flavorful. One of my flavors is a real "atty eater." (Pretty gunky/ dark ie clove). I change it every 3-6 mls. Another favorite flavor I enjoy is very light in color and I bet I don't change it but every 12-18 mls maybe.

You'll know....

wow that often and I thought that I was changing my wicks too often,
not on a reo but on my dripper I usually change like twice a day...
pluys there are times that all the juice don't get vaped,,,

but I know the amount of cotton is just right...weird

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
wow that often and I thought that I was changing my wicks too often,
not on a reo but on my dripper I usually change like twice a day...
pluys there are times that all the juice don't get vaped,,,

but I know the amount of cotton is just right...weird
Yep, it all does depend on e-liquid, how much we are vaping, the temperature, your pallet, and what we are using for wicking. I seem to get more out of KGD than cellulose or cotton. The Ready x fans get weeks and weeks. That's some of the fun, dialing in what works for you.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Great video super x! For sure needed that help as my first coil was all loose cause I needed to move that bolt to the other hole to make the post closer.

Anyways wanted to make a 2.5mm coil first using 26 awg wire and ended up around 1ohm with 7-8 wraps ended up being .55 ohms runing dual coil. Was way to strong! I'd have to cut my nic in half to use thst so tossed it.

Started over switching to 28 awg wire as I only have 26,28,29,30 and 32 And using the 2mm deal this time. 7 wraps was around 1ohm I guess. A nic buzz as I wanted around 2 ohms ea to net me 1ohm for dual coil.

Ended up just using it as it was getting late. So anywas I broke in the coil as you shown with the slow pulse. I used a loop and checked the coils as I wanted to be sure it was totally blue. As I kept trying to get it all blue the center coils were changing from blue to green and then to gold/yellow. was crazy so I just kept going to see what color was next.. the outerus coils finally turned shades of green/gold while the center seemed purple. haha. So I kinda ended up with a rainbow colored coil.. so I guess good and seriously broken in.

Vapes damn great but hot as its like .54 ohms.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Freaking serious vapor. I can only take a 2 sec not even hit and it's huge clouds. It's like the vapor is being forced down my throught. Haha

I need 1ohm ish coil in a dual coil setup 7-9 wraps on a derringer. What mm coil should I be using?

Ooh, I'm bad with stuff like that :). But I will tell you that 1 ohms of resistance in a dual coil setup will prolly not give you great results. It'll heat up real slow and you'd need to use a very light ga wire, a lot of wraps of heavier wire or a large diameter coil.

Reactions: zeus01

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Freaking serious vapor. I can only take a 2 sec not even hit and it's huge clouds. It's like the vapor is being forced down my throught. Haha

I need 1ohm ish coil in a dual coil setup 7-9 wraps on a derringer. What mm coil should I be using?

Ooh, I'm bad with stuff like that :). But I will tell you that 1 ohms of resistance in a dual coil setup will prolly not give you great results. It'll heat up real slow and you'd need to use a very light ga wire, a lot of wraps of heavier wire or a large diameter coil.

I\ll chime in I hope you wont mind,
on the derringer,i think its not possible to get a 1ohm build unless your doing a single coil,or using very thin wires with a higher resistance as per sir drifter said,

if your sticking with dual coils,use a thinner wire,or increase diameter.

and might want to close the air holes a bit,to reduce vapor,then progressively opening it up,as you get accustomed to the bigger vapor,

hth

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
It was kinda. Doh moment as I realized my other derringer in the other reo thst I've been vaping on the past 2 weeks plus and loving was a 1ohm dual coil. 7 wraps 2mm rod using I thought was 30 awg wire but once I built it it came out to .80 ohms.. so might of been 29 awg wire I used before.. still vape great!

The old one I believe I have not changed the kgd in over a week that's how good it was vsping.. just changed it though.

Huntsmanlance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
Hey everyone. I have never used an atty as small as the RM2.

Super X I have went and watched several of your videos which has helped tremendously. ..so TY!

So tell me more about the RM2..or 3 or even the
Chalice....I am over the big clouds and looking for dense flavor. I used to rock Kayfuns and then the gennies with tiny holes...and one can get used to anything after a little while

Thanks!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone. I have never used an atty as small as the RM2.

Super X I have went and watched several of your videos which has helped tremendously. ..so TY!

So tell me more about the RM2..or 3 or even the
Chalice....I am over the big clouds and looking for dense flavor. I used to rock Kayfuns and then the gennies with tiny holes...and one can get used to anything after a little while

Thanks!

Hey bro! Thanks for the props. I'm sorry but I kinda did a reverse of your situation. It's been at least a year since I've vaped a 14mm atty so I'm afraid I'm a lil outta touch with anything but 22 mm attys with lots of air

Reactions: Spydro

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I can say for sure that if you are ditching tons of airflow in favor of a dense flavorful little cloud, then the RM2 is right up your alley.
I would have to agree. If you want flavor, run (don't walk) and get an RM2 in your cart! I have both the 2 and 3 (wanted to give myself the option to run duals so I snagged a 3 but haven't felt a need to run duals yet). I'm all about flavor. (Must say that I've never tried a Challice). Also, know that lots of folks, including myself, have opened up the hole a bit. Try it stock first and if you wish to have more, go a teensy bit bigger and try it, etc....

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yep, if you're a flavor junkie it's hard to beat a small atty. Nothing at all wrong with the RM2's, RM3's, IGO-S and many other small atty's I have, they are all flavor atty's... most with enlarged intakes for my LDLH's. But I like my Chalice II and III's better. What works the best for me is nuttin' bigger than a Nuppin', but I am starting to like the Atomic (other than the occasional leaking) I am trying again that I didn't like at all when I first got it many months ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread