Not open for further replies.

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
Here's something to make it easy :)

Direct YouTube link:

Reminds me of breaking in all my Harleys Russ! Slow and easy. You don't jump on the new motor a ride it a thousand miles at top speed. Easy does it, several break in runs...just like the coil master. YOU! YOU'RE GOOD.....YOU!!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Reminds me of breaking in all my Harleys Russ! Slow and easy. You don't jump on the new motor a ride it a thousand miles at top speed. Easy does it, several break in runs...just like the coil master. YOU! YOU'RE GOOD.....YOU!!

Thank you. I did thrash my new Charger 5.7 right away but it's a lease :)

Reactions: rgerber

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
Thank you. I did thrash my new Charger 5.7 right away but it's a lease :)
Just watched your video on that Catfish Vector Atty. Is that something you'd still be comfortable recommending? I keep seeing these threads about "Catfish" but can't seem to find anyplace that features his work. Looks like he re_mods existing attys?

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Having an issue unscrewing the base of a brass RM2 from the top. Have tried the rubber band trick on both sides. I've had it for years without issues. It recently went on a spa trip with a mod and perhaps the pressure change it underwent affected it? ( I sent it with the mod but it was not connected to the mod. ). Is there something I can soak it in?

Any tricks?

Am heading to work, so will check in later. (Not ignoring your helpfulness).

Good day all!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Toss it in the freezer and get it good and cold and then pull it out and try it.

Boiling it may work as well.. just be carefull not to burn your fingers.
Thank you Steam! I put the RM2 in the freezer while I did my weekly maintenance, took it out, used rubber bands on each end and like magic, it worked! Just to make sure I was turning in the correct way, I consulted another RM2 of mine.

Sure appreciate your wisdom. Good day!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thank you Steam! I put the RM2 in the freezer while I did my weekly maintenance, took it out, used rubber bands on each end and like magic, it worked! Just to make sure I was turning in the correct way, I consulted another RM2 of mine.

Sure appreciate your wisdom. Good day!

No problem!

I've also put dead pc hard disk drives in the freezer and it also allowed the disks to spin long enough to back up the data on them before they would lock up hard again. Fun times :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Oh you may want to put some Vaseline on the threads so it don't happen again.
Good thinking! Since I moved over to Reovile full time from KFL's, I seemed to have left behind some of those tricks. Great reminders.

Would never have considered the freezer trick for a disk drive. Who knew? (rhetorical question, as Reonites know tons ). Just today, I was working on a project at work that required tiny Phillips screw drivers. Guess who had all the sizes?? Yep, when I started vaping I had no idea how much I would learn about other goodies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread