RN4062 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
If you've read my previous review of the DSE701's from various sources, then you'll know that I'm a huge fan of the e-cigar in general.

I read a bit of scattered info regarding the RN4062 aka the Havana (Litecig). Several people mentioned liking them more than the 701.

So I picked up a few from Litecig and Vaporkings. Both were ordered on the same day. As I have a ton of 701 batteries, chargers, and carts, I only ordered the atty tubes.

Vaporkings sent theirs USPS priority mail and Litecig sent theirs by USPS first-class. Both arrived on the same day. Litecig's arrived in a padded plastic envelope with the tube in a separate bubblewrapped bag. Vaporkings tube was in a flat rate cardboard box. Both included receipts/shipping documents and business cards.

All came with jewel/battery caps and mouthpieces with covers attached. No batteries or carts were included. All was as it should be. The mouthpieces/covers were unexpected but nice.

Litecig and Vaporkings prices were roughly the same. Litecig was offering free shipping for orders over $15 at the time so the Litecig beats VK pricewise for now. VK only offered the black tubes at the time of my order. LC only offered the wood grain at the time, but I now see black and a gold tube offered. The gold looks kind of like a burlwood or maybe a tobacco wrap finish from the photo...it's hard to tell without having one in hand.

All the tubes were cleaned and loaded with fresh batteries and carts. All functioned flawlessly.

Now to the real issues for me. Comparing them to my 701, I find that they do vape better. The flavor and vapor are slightly better than the 701, but noticable. They don't require priming puffs to get a good hit. Aside from that, there isn't any appreciable difference as far as other factors, i.e. battery life, cart management, etc.

A few design differences I noticed is that the 4062 tubes do not appear to have as good a seal/valve mechanism as the 701's. I can leave a 701 fully topped off and not have much to worry about leaking or fluid intrusion into the battery compartment. I have observed a tiny amount of fluid which appears to have intruded into the battery compartment on the 4062s.

Another difference is that the draw is slightly airy on the 4062s compared to the 701s. The mouthpieces for the 4062 are very slightly smaller than the 701, so that the covers won't fit on the 701 mouthpieces. Otherwise, all parts appear quite compatible. The LED for the 4062s are still dim compared to your average e-cig but are a bit brighter than the 701s.

My thanks to both Vaporkings and Litecig. You're service was exceptional and your prices and speed in delivery were, in my opinion, fantastic. I will continue to do business with these companies for my cigar supplies instead of my previous chinese suppliers.

Hope this helps. If anyone has any other questions, I'd be more than happy to help.

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
How are you doing with the e-cigar now? I was very impressed with my RN 4062 starter packs initially, but the replacement atomisers I've ordered (no idea which make) have been nothing but trouble. Within the past ten days I've had two that were dead out of the box and one that burned out after about a week.

Right now I see no alternative but to ditch the e-cigar which is a shame as it was my primary vaping device (and I still have a ton of cartridges). Does anybody know about a reliable model on sale in the UK?

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Mine are all still running strong. I did finally manage to kill another battery (from use, not abuse like the other) but I've got plenty of spares.

I have pretty much dumped my 701s by giving them away to a friend. The 701s were good for a while but they dont seem to hold up in the long term as well as the 4062s. Which is sad because they were stronger functioning than the 4062s. I had at least one 701 doa and a few that died after brief use.

From the outside, it's hard to tell a 4062 from a 701. The threads are slightly different and all my 4062's have a serial-like number etched onto the gold colored band closest to the cart/tip. 701s are marking-free.

I use mine pretty heavily but switch up and back with my BE112 penstyle attys out of a Stick or mini-pipe.

I ordered the cigar parts from either Vaporkings or Lite-cig depending on supply at the time.

I do find that when flavor/vapor production get weak, I pull the cart and run it till its dry, then dry run it for a minute or so. Seems to bring it right back to normal.

If your having trouble, you may wanna try some new batts or you could try modifying your liquid. I found that my regular mixes weren't quite as good in the cigar as they were in the pipes or cigs. I use a slightly higher VG content with a little less menthol in my cigars as an example.

Last edited:

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
Ah, my recent dead attys had serial numbers as well, so they must have been 4062s. Running a dry cartridge is excellent advice: I'm going to try that with one of my old, trusty attys which have become clogged but still work.

I'm mainly using a stick as well these days, but I like my cigars in the evening and prefer a suction switch on the whole. I'm going to phase them out though, once I've burned through my current stockpile of carts. It's just not worth the hassle. I seem to get months worth of use out of my penstyle attys in the stick, so that is what I'll go with ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread