RN4072 atomizer question

Discussion in 'RN-4072 *Penstyle*' started by flobiwan, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. flobiwan

flobiwan Senior Member ECF Veteran

I purchased a generic RN4072 from Freshsmoking.com (the Maharaja, I believe). Can I purchase atomizers for this from other suppliers or am I better off going to Freshsmoking.com? Are all RN4072s the same? I'm concerned that if I get an atty from another site, the thread pattern may not exactly fit my battery or something like that.

2. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Flo--you are lucky to find an RN4072---most Suppliers stopped selling them--great atomizer. But you can use any 801 style you like---they are all compatible.

Sun

3. flobiwan

flobiwan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Good to know. I noticed that the 4072 atomizers at Freshsmoking are a little higher priced than the 801s elsewhere ($9 each). Are the 4072 atomizers BETTER than the 801s and, therefore worth the higher price? I ask because I got the impression the 801 atomizers were better.

4. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Flo --they are worth 9 dollars for sure. As for better? Well the RN4072 has a tighter draw then the 801 and a higher burn rate so while it is a juice burner, some feel that they get a better throat hit due to the higher heat temp of the vapor. From a constuction point the BE112 from BEST has thicker leads and a larger wire guage that runs cooler, and IMO lasts longer. It really comes down to preferance. But 9 dollars for an RN4072 is a bargin due to their lack of availabilty.

Sun

5. lexi60

lexi60 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

not to jack thread but mypvshop has 4072 attys, do 801 manual batterys work with 4072's?

6. KellsBell

KellsBell Full Member

I just got a 4072 from mypv and yes they do work with the 801 batteries, I like it better than the BE112 and the 801 so far but then again it's new and they are a little broke in. The problem I am having with the 4072 is that it gurgles alot, even with the flooding it appears to have a better flavor and throat hit than the other two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.