RN4081 and 8084 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Does anyone know if these are interchangeable? They're definitely different in construction, but both have a male thread. I'm wondering if the threads are the same to match a 8084 atomizer to a RN4081 battery or passthrough

Hey JD,, strange to see you at HOME??
hope all hase been super duper
I bought the 8084 for myself, not aware that is was so small, shoulda known cos of the 84' in the product ident, but whatever. I hated it the minute I opened the box. However, it is my wife's favorite of all ecigs
It is small and kinda sexy, the bat has some life considering it is the size of a pin The carts are even smaller and hard to drip and I own nothing of all my stuff that it works with. I know you asked if they are compatible with the 4081, which I thought I have, but maybe not
I wanted a reason to say hey, ( hope I do not get in trouble for that)

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Hey JD,, strange to see you at HOME??

Yup - I made it home last night. Might be leaving again tomorrow, but who knows.

I'm looking for RN4081 atomizers for stock up, but most suppliers are out of stock right now. I saw the 8084 mini atomizers, and was wondering if they will hook up with the RN4081 batteries.

I'm told the DSE103 Atomizers will fit the RN4081, but I'm not 100% sure.

cheers
jd

Last edited:

jac1599

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Oklahoma
NO 8084 parts will fit a DSE103 or an RN4081. The 8084 is 8.0mm in diameter., the DSE103/RN4081 are 9.5mm in diameter. While batteries/passthroughs are interchangeable for DSE103 and RN4081, you are out of luck trying to get one to fit on an 8084 model.

If you are looking for a passthrough for 8084: Check here

And, I too, dislike my 8084. It's great because it's so small, but the mic switch is so sensitive the my voice will activate it from 1 foot away. If the switch wasn't so sensitive, battery life would be waaay better.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
NO 8084 parts will fit a DSE103 or an RN4081. The 8084 is 8.0mm in diameter., the DSE103/RN4081 are 9.5mm in diameter. While batteries/passthroughs are interchangeable for DSE103 and RN4081, you are out of luck trying to get one to fit on an 8084 model.

If you are looking for a passthrough for 8084: Check here

And, I too, dislike my 8084. It's great because it's so small, but the mic switch is so sensitive the my voice will activate it from 1 foot away. If the switch wasn't so sensitive, battery life would be waaay better.

I have the RN4081. Atomizers are getting rare lately, so I'm looking for compatible atty's. I don't care what cart they take, I can deal with carts. I wasn't sure about the 8084's. You cant tell thread sizes from looking at the pictures. It looks like I can use DSE103 attys on the RN4081. I just wanted to be 100% sure before I order anything.

Thanks;
jd

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Yup - I made it home last night. Might be leaving again tomorrow, but who knows.

I'm looking for RN4081 atomizers for stock up, but most suppliers are out of stock right now. I saw the 8084 mini atomizers, and was wondering if they will hook up with the RN4081 batteries.

I'm told the DSE103 Atomizers will fit the RN4081, but I'm not 100% sure.

cheers
jd

DietSmokes has them for pretty cheap...

Totally Wicked has them in stock as well.

jac1599

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Oklahoma
I have the RN4081. Atomizers are getting rare lately, so I'm looking for compatible atty's. I don't care what cart they take, I can deal with carts. I wasn't sure about the 8084's. You cant tell thread sizes from looking at the pictures. It looks like I can use DSE103 attys on the RN4081. I just wanted to be 100% sure before I order anything.

Thanks;
jd

From my understanding the atomizers/batteries are interchangeable between an RN4081 and a DSE103. However it is also my understanding that if you have an RN4081 atomizer, you must use a RN4081 cart...Same goes the the DSE atomizer/cart.

But like you said, the cart is the easy part. Good luck!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
From my understanding the atomizers/batteries are interchangeable between an RN4081 and a DSE103. However it is also my understanding that if you have an RN4081 atomizer, you must use a RN4081 cart...Same goes the the DSE atomizer/cart.

But like you said, the cart is the easy part. Good luck!

I thought the 103 was compatible, but just needed a second opinion before I ordered 103 attys. It's good to know compatibility when suppliers start running low on product.

Thanks;
jd

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I thought the 103 was compatible, but just needed a second opinion before I ordered 103 attys. It's good to know compatibility when suppliers start running low on product.

Thanks;
jd
Let us know how that goes. I managed to find a few online and ordered them but they don't work( the 4081's). The hole is to small on the battery side to get a good puff. One died within the first hour andf the second is as good as dead. I am waiting on Njoy to send a replacement but it would be nice to have some backup. Let us know also if the 103's cart is any bigger if you go that route.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Let us know how that goes. I managed to find a few online and ordered them but they don't work( the 4081's). The hole is to small on the battery side to get a good puff. One died within the first hour andf the second is as good as dead. I am waiting on Njoy to send a replacement but it would be nice to have some backup. Let us know also if the 103's cart is any bigger if you go that route.

I found some 4081 attys. Bought their last 25, and when they restock, I'll jump on some more. The DS103's will fit the NPRO, but you need a different cartridge. They'll work in a pinch.

I saved my burned out attys. The heating coils went out. I'm waiting for some nichrome wire to make new coils, and experiment with them.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009

What I found so far is, the 8084 does not fit with the 4081.
The DS103 Atomizer will fit the RN4081, but you will need different carts for the DS103 atomizer.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
DietSmokes has them for pretty cheap...

Totally Wicked has them in stock as well.

Dietsmokes has been out of stock for quite some time now. They haven't answered any of my correspondence either. They're probably caught up in the Customs hold up. I just hope they survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread