Status
Not open for further replies.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
So, I have been a LONG TIME user of the M1A1 tank on my i-pros, and have found that only the Boge cartos have lived up to my liking.

Recently, I have found that more and more vendors are not carying the Boge cartomizer, and carying almost only smoktek products. I have tried every variant of the smoktek, and not really satisfied. So, I went to the new brick and mortar store that opened up down the street from me, and talked with them for a bit, and decided to buy a Rocket II Rebuildable atomizer
rocket-kayfun-atomizer-full-mechanical-rocket.jpg

So far, I absolutely love it! It came with a synthetic wick in the prebuilt coil, an extra piece of wick, and about 6 inches of wire.
I used that for 3-4 days, and watched a couple videos on how to build a new coil and everyone recommended using a piece of natural cotton (about 5% of a cottonball)

Finally went ahead and built my own coil (Wrapped the wire around a 3/32 drill bit shaft, screwed the ends into place positioned the coil 1.5mm above the air vent, and threaded in a piece of cotton. Assembled the unit, and tucked the cotton like the videos recommend, added a few drops of juice, finished assembley, and filled the tank.

Have to say, the flavor is WOW compared to ANY carto that I have ever used. Vapor production is HUGE, with the same juice I had been using. Total time on my 2nd time building a coil was under 10 minutes, and it seems to last about as long as a carto. Cotton balls are $2 for a lifetime supply, and the wire is about $.25 per coil.

The center of the tank has an available clear piece which allows you to see the volume remaining in the tank. It holds about 5ml. I paid $30 locally, but I see they are only $15 online, worth the money to me to support a local shop, as well as the ability to ask then questions before purchace.

If you have never used one of these things, and think you might be handy enough to build the coil yourself, I would recommend you get one, and check it out.

The Rocket II does not have a bottom fill hole, only top filling, which leads to one small leaking issue immediatley after filling. To remedy this...
1: Close the air vents before refilling the tank
2: Immediatley after filling and closing the cap... Open the vent holes, cover them with a tissue, tilt 30deg so the holes are facing somewhat down, and very gently blow into the mouthpiece for about 5 seconds to clear the liquid that might have built up in the bottom.

Vermonster13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Rutland, Vermont
I'm waitng for the injection system. Have injectors that spray a tiny mist onto the coil without a wick.:D

There is a German company doing that for release soon.

I use a Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 and Ehpro +. Hemp fiber makes the best wick IMO. Much more absorbent and burn resistant than cotton.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
There is a German company doing that for release soon.

I use a Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 and Ehpro +. Hemp fiber makes the best wick IMO. Much more absorbent and burn resistant than cotton.

I went on a Double Cross Zenith RDA v2 preorder that I'm waitng on but after I ordered it I decided to gift it to a friend. I like to KIS when vaping. Just not into the trinkets but I am interested in that one you spoke of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread