Rok Star Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaken482

Feb 10, 2012
Southampton
I brought a second hand Rok Star today for £20.00, I have been deciding about getting one for a long time after trying one, the Rok Star was hardly ever used as he who owned it says it is terrible with leaking problems and gives a burning taste a lot, he was right, the leaking is awful and I actually started thinking I shouldn't of brought it.
Anyway the taste is great but again he was right, but I haven't actually tasted the burning as it tastes more like a horrible strong sweet that I would rather put up with over a burning taste from an ego t atomiser but its the fact of knowing that its not doing what it should be doing but I am yet to try the new atomiser that he gave as well so I hope that turns out fine.

So I'm out fishing sat down vaping and for ages it tasted brilliant compared to the ego (in my opinion) but it was just the leaking problem that was just getting very annoying so I had a thought of filling the gaps of the chamber from where it leaks with super glue and it was a brilliant idea :D I have not had one leak since so I overcome the main problem but I am yet to see if my brand new atomiser has the same problem.

Overall I am very pleased that I got it as it gives the full taste I would expect and i really think I will get on better with the Rok Star over the Ego, the air flow adjustment is brilliant and just makes it seem a little better from the Ego as I like to play around with it and it helps give a better hit with the air flow a little bit tight but sometimes I just feel I want to loosen the air flow a little just because it's easier to breath through.

I think I will be sticking to this one until I feel the need to quit altogether.

Thanks

Update: after the first day of having a positive review of the Rok Star it is now the second day and it has just turned horrible, on the first day i had one flavour in the chamber and I did notice a different taste from what the ego would give from the same flavour, after waking up the next morning I changed to a melon flavour and i noticed that it had the same taste and the more I got used to the taste the more I started thinking this isn't right, if you leave the Rok Star for half an hour in your pocket it will taste great for about 3 pulls and then the taste
comes back.

Altogether now I hate the e cig and think it has a terrible wicking problem, note: if you try one of these e cigs from a friend and it seems good then I still recommend never to buy it, it is very pricey for its performance but luckily I haven't lost very much from buying this one, if this is the first e cig I ever brought I would of chucked it and would never of even thought about buying any type of e cig again but after my first e cig the ego I know you can get very good ones out there.

The good:
Air flow adjustment
Looks like a smart e cig
You can turn the battery of
The indication on the bottom of the battery to show you if you have low battery

The bad:
The battery doesn't last very long
The atomiser gives a horrible taste way to often (on all 3 atomiser I have)
Even though I turn the battery off it actually switches back on in my pocket
It leaks an awful lot (unless you sort it like I did)
Takes ages to charge fully

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread