Rotating your batteries- how do you keep track?

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by TennDave, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TennDave

TennDave Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    So, the title basically says it.
    After over a year of vaping and having to retire some old batteries, and buying new ones, I have decided that I really need to keep track of how I rotate batteries. I tried numbering them with a sharpie and charging in numerical order but the ink comes off after a little juice gets on a battery or from handling.

So....How does everyone mark their batteries in order to charge them in proper rotation?

2. AzIrish

AzIrish Moved On Verified Member

I put tape and numbered the tape.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

3. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Or use the sharpie and then cover it with scotch tape to keep it from rubbing off. As long as your batteries aren't a tight fit already, a single wrap of tape shouldn't give you any issues

4. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sharpie or paint pen, then cellophane tape over the numbers.

5. RocketRod

RocketRod Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

And a log of when I bought them with corresponding numbers for that date.

6. lostknitter

lostknitter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use a label maker, put the initials of the vendor I purchase from and the date they arrive. I figured if I was having problems with batteries, I could see if they were all from a specific vendor. No problems so far.

7. Alaricnj

Alaricnj Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Masking tape torn into a small pieces. I then number them #1, #2, etc. I put them on the battery to keep track.

8. Sterno

Sterno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

i store my batts in little plastic boxes i got off ebay and rotate them in the boxes the position in the box tells me if its newly charged or the next one to be used

9. TennDave

Supporting member
    Thanks everyone- I think I'm going to have to put numbers on them. I too keep my batteries in my cases (I have zip up ones) and if one is spent, it goes in upside down. But since I have two others in the house that bring their batteries down and plop them on my desk for me to charge, it's hard to keep up with unless I number them....too many from too many people (although only 3) to keep up with keeps me from keeping up with them with any accuracy. My current method is like a couple of different people writing checks out of the same checking account and not reporting who wrote what....

10. John1952

John1952 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Use nail polish, and apply small 0's and 1's, using the binary system.

000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111.

If you have more than eight batteries, use four binary digits.

11. TennDave

Supporting member
    John, why the binary? That would probably confuse me more than regular numbers.

12. jkmtwo

jkmtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is my method, I also have 2 boxes, one with all of my charged batteries, and one with batteries that need to be charged. I also keep my batteries in pairs, and the plastic boxes are labeled by date of when I got them, I generally have a solid memory so I can remember every vendor I got my batts from I currently have 10 18650s and 8 18500s and I charge every 10 to 14 days, this helps me to keep a general track on charge cycles.

I cant wait to get a VV Reo so i can add another 10 or so batteries to the bunch and limit my charge time down to basically 1 or 2 times a month.

13. bushmaster

bushmaster Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have bins with labels--charged and uncharged. When I need to charge some batteries, I reach into the uncharged bin and grab some off the bottom and charge them. It's a proven scientific method.:)

14. jkmtwo

jkmtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You can't argue with science

15. TennDave

Supporting member
    I am constantly charging because I don't like batteries that get weak- I hardly ever let any get weak or drained to the point I don't get a good vape. When I get a Reo VV, I'll have to be even more meticulous as I understand you really need to charge in pairs so the batteries are a constant match.

16. kazz63758

kazz63758 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought a pack of electrical tape in assorted colors at Walmart. Black, Red, Blue, White & Yellow, if memory serves. For my 18350 pairs, each gets a piece of the same color stuck to it with either an "A" or "B" written on the tape.

That makes it easy not to mix up battery pairs. Then , I store them in plastic battery boxes, and rotate those when a rest is needed.

17. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I have them labeled as sets...and individually numbered. For example....A1 & A2 or B1 & B2.

18. Jeann

Jeann Super Member ECF Veteran

we also charge constantly if possible, if not they are put next to the charger and wait their turn.

i used to just pile up in a little box when charged and then grab one when needed, now we line them up in a longer box, left for the ones freshly charged and right side we take the ones when needed. going out messes this system up but at least now i know they all are used on a regular basis.

i also label them with paper sticky labels (don't know the english word for them) and write with a pen on it. they stay relatively clean. they get a letter and a number on it like A1 or B1 when they arrive, the A serie will be older then the B serie.

every couple of months i do a test round, i make a list of their labels and then i fill that in to see how long they last on one charge and how the taste is. basicly only then i actually use their labels :laugh:

19. gorman

gorman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Same for me, plus the box thing. I have three pairs (used to be four but one pair started acting funny and I decided to retire). I keep one pair in the Reo. When it needs to be changed, I take out the leftmost pair from the box, move the rightmost one in the resulting leftmost space and insert, inverting poles, the one that needs recharging in the righmost space. It's like a circle, basically (well, it's called rotating... ;)).

20. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

First set of batteries we got were 1 thru 6. And the new sets are A thru F. Not too hard to mix up considering mine are for mini and his are for grand! Works for us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.