• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Rough Week....Have A Prayer Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
You have no idea how glad I am to see a new week! I got a phrase from a comedian, years ago. This guy was talking about how parents speak violence on their children. His mom said, "I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" He would reply to himself, "Please do....I'm having a rough time this week!"

The A/C is back on the fritz again (today was 91 degrees but the 'feels like' was 115) and the A/C is running constant and it's 78 degrees......I hate to sweat! Nothing puts me in a worse mood than sweating! How are you suppose to 'try' to do whatever housework I can do when after 5 minutes you want to do an Incredible Hulk scream. So, I've done very little and we have bunches of fans. Nothing can be done today. Come tomorrow, something has to be done. The refrigerator is still not working well. We use the freezer on the frige to keep things cold. We have that turned up as high as it will go. These two things have been going on for a couple of weeks, now. Anything with freon (sp) does not work well in this house. Both of these things will somehow have to be replaced, but God, Bless His Holy Name, alone only knows how. Thank You, Lord for helping us to limp on.

But even breaking a tooth didn't upset me very much as I've had a root canal on it. I will get to the dentist next month. Oh, and when I took the trash out this week I fell with my legs in the street, and my arms wrapped around the ironing board I'd also thrown out. Now THAT could have been funny and I couldn't see it. Thank You, Lord no one was up and could see me. I could just see someone coming along and saying, "What are you doing down there?" and I would reply, "I always have my first cup of coffee in the morning outside and in this position!" I wasn't hurt from it.....just felt stupid!:confused:

But the request I'm asking about is our little Maltese puppy (he's only 1 year old) as he's terminally sick. His first exam exposed a heart murmur, but we were told not to worry about it too much as most puppies outgrow it. Last week we discovered he was going blind. He kept running into things.....once or twice is funny....over that meant a problem. He can see light. He has cataracts like an old dog. BUT, they can learn how to live fairly normal lives. But when our vet said his heart murmur was quite significant, our hearts fell. His suggestion was to take him home and keep him as comfortable as possible. I asked him how long Carson:wub: has and he said that every prediction he's ever made was wrong. So it could be from present to a year. I don't want him to suffer. We love him enough to give him to God, Bless His Holy Name.

I would appreciate it if you guys kept us all, including Carson, in your prayers. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.:wub:

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Hello Saintscruiser.
I work with animals everyday. When I read about Carson I just had to reply. In the years I have been doing this I've seen many things. I'm so glad that your vet told you that that every prediction he's ever made has been wrong. It's refreshing to hear of such honesty. I can tell you from years of working with animals,they're spirit and fight will always surprise you. What first came to my mind was my closest friend. The dog of her life, Judah was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Very rare for dogs. He was given three months to live. With a lot of research, and an excellent diet and meds, he survived two years. Something that was never seen before. And most importantly they were two more good years, he did not suffer. When it first became apparent that he was now loosing his battle, she lovingly put him down to rest. That being said, I just wanted to encourage you. Find the information that you can online, don't give up on Carson or loose hope. Hopefully you'll have many years yet with him. If this is not meant to be, just love him and spoil him rotten. Everyday with a guy like Carson is a gift. You will both be in my thoughts, I know how painful this can be. Wishing you both the best.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Everything I've read online, Carson hasn't experienced it. He isn't coughing, he still likes the cover monster.....even though he can't see it well, he'll still pounce, he barks without sounds of wheezing, now my 13 year old Maltie sometimes does (good ol' children's benaldryl), and she is on rimadryl daily, our eight year old has allergies. But as I was reminded this evening from MM, he prayed Friday with me over this, and he said it's in the Hands of the Lord and to enjoy, take photos, etc and I will be blessed by taking in one of God's critters, as God, Bless His Holy Name, found people who will love this sick little guy, and love him in spite of his physical health. AND THAT MAKES sense TO ME!

Thank you JugBand for taking the time to answer and comfort me at the same time. That means a great deal! Again, thank you!:)

Reactions: Jugband

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Thank you, K9. You are so very kind. Thank you for the encouragement. We're just taking it a day at a time. To look at him, you couldn't tell that he is a special needs little guy.....that is until he walks into something. He's learning, though, about being blind, plus he is so very loved. We are making sure of that!! Everyday we make sure of that. He brightens our lives. He is a good example for making the most out of a bad situation!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread