RoughStack Users Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
The long body shouldn't have any issues. If there's a problem,it could be that your Mega DCC isn't making contact. Try working the center contact of the carto out a little as suggested in an earlier post.

I am having problems with any of my cartos working on either my rough stack or maxi RS, this did not start until a couple of days ago, I cannot get 2ohm or dual coil cartos to work on them and I know its not the carto cause they work on my box mod,,,,,how do you "work out the center contact" why would that start doing that all of a sudden???
my LR atty still works fine on both of them

also since I first got my maxi RS the 510 connector is very slightly loose,,, has anyone else had this problem??

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I am having problems with any of my cartos working on either my rough stack or maxi RS, this did not start until a couple of days ago, I cannot get 2ohm or dual coil cartos to work on them and I know its not the carto cause they work on my box mod,,,,,how do you "work out the center contact" why would that start doing that all of a sudden???
my LR atty still works fine on both of them

also since I first got my maxi RS the 510 connector is very slightly loose,,, has anyone else had this problem??

Does your RS have spring or wire connection to 510 connector?

Handy to use voltmeter to verify switch is clean.

Attachments

• RS Wire.jpg
    RS Wire.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 86

Murdock Ruml

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
So it finialy happened. My rs broke. Well the button did, after dropping in the floor in the warehouse. Just picked it up and put it back in my pocket thinking nothing of it- this has happened many times. Didn't realize it until about an hour later,when I went to vape. Luckily I had a spare in my pocket an was able to vape right away. No worries though I have an extra button to replace it with later just need to break out the soldering iron and replace it. Might replace the spring with a wire while I am at it.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
So it finialy happened. My rs broke. Well the button did, after dropping in the floor in the warehouse. Just picked it up and put it back in my pocket thinking nothing of it- this has happened many times. Didn't realize it until about an hour later,when I went to vape. Luckily I had a spare in my pocket an was able to vape right away. No worries though I have an extra button to replace it with later just need to break out the soldering iron and replace it. Might replace the spring with a wire while I am at it.

I'm curious what broke.
Was carto on RS when dropped?
Carto does shield button against direct hit when dropped on floor.

When PV not in use I unscrew atty/carto one turn; functions like master off.

Murdock Ruml

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
No carto was not connected I use syringe modes e2s and I learned( by a pocket full of juice) that if I leave them connected in my pocket the syringe will pop off an bend the air tube( it was my favorite cart). It was the button it's self. I'd doesn't pop back up when pressed. Just kind of stays down, but no mater it the button is up or down, it will not power the cart. Like I said though. The button is easy enough to desoldier and soldier a new one inplace. And I have one laying around so the fix is easy and cheap. That's why I love mr RS.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
No carto was not connected I use syringe modes e2s and I learned( by a pocket full of juice) that if I leave them connected in my pocket the syringe will pop off an bend the air tube( it was my favorite cart). It was the button it's self. I'd doesn't pop back up when pressed. Just kind of stays down, but no mater it the button is up or down, it will not power the cart. Like I said though. The button is easy enough to desoldier and soldier a new one inplace. And I have one laying around so the fix is easy and cheap. That's why I love mr RS.

Same thing happened w/ my clearo in pocket; I switched to SS.

That switch is pretty tough but I guess it can't stop a loaded RS w/o carto.

Yeah RS is very user serviceable:)

Murdock Ruml

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
Yeah, it had a maxi tube on it so it had the extra weight of the extra battery. What kill me is I just picked it up and put it in my pocket. Not the first time I dropped it and I just got use to it being okay after a fall. Still, these things hold up to a beating. And after all that I have put it through only the button has given out. And that is simple to fix. And if you don't have the ability or knowledge to fix it then MV sells easy to install replacements. Great product madvapes! And I would highly recommend the rough stack to anyone. Even my mom, and she doesn't smoke.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I saw a post some time ago about putting a rubberized cap on the RS button and it referred to using a carto condom of some kind. I can't find it and want to do the same, possibly drilling out a pencil eraser. I'm looking for something rubbery so my finger won't slip off. Anybody else with an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread