Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Can't like that post, Cappy. Brings a whole new meaning to "Arrr!" Here's the thing, though. Many of us value handmade in the USA by modders we trust and who stand by their work. Many of us would rather have a few beautiful BF's than a lot of mediocre stuff. And we feel strongly about supporting local craftspeople. So please, make more.

Thanks fer the vote of confidence!

I'm putting together the next batch right now. It will be mostly Cruiser/Marauder mods, but, there have been some feelings that were expressed about the last couple batches of Cruisers, that they were pretty 'plain', so I am going to bring them to the next level this batch.

I'm not sure how many I will make, but you are going to be hard pressed to find any "common" wood in them, I may even try my hand at making them out of at least 3 exotic wood types. Body, end caps and side panels all different woods. I'm talking various ebonies, various rosewoods, yaya, wenge, purpleheart, bloodwood, zebra, ziricote, bocote, snakewood, koa, ironwood and others. I think I even have a bit of the stabilized burl somewhere.

Yup, I have lots of wood laying around that has just been waiting for me to use it up, and I'm going to!

I've been using the less expensive stuff to keep the prices of Cruisers down, but not this time.

It may deplete my wood badly when it comes to the following batch of regulated mods, but I think it's time to give the 3.7v mods some love.

I think the house is going to turn into a long project, so I will do things as I have time and just keep on trucking.

I have no idea how I shall keep the thread alive during the next few months of production, but I will be here below decks if anyone needs me. Yo ho!

Cappy

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy all, just another week here, hope you are all doing fine!

Cappy, do you ever take custom orders for the Cruiser?

Generally I don't do custom orders anymore, but sometimes when a combination is mentioned on the thread I try to remember and include it in the next batch. What did you have in mind?

At the moment I have 15 Cruisers in this batch with the bodies already made, you might like one of 'em :)

Take care, arrrr!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Ahoy all, just another week here, hope you are all doing fine!

Generally I don't do custom orders anymore, but sometimes when a combination is mentioned on the thread I try to remember and include it in the next batch. What did you have in mind?

At the moment I have 15 Cruisers in this batch with the bodies already made, you might like one of 'em :)

Take care, arrrr!
I'm sure I will like one of them. What's not to like?! Really looking forward to seeing your latest vape art!

I was thinking something simple - one beautiful wood. My favorites are American Cherry, Spalted Maple, and Birdseye Maple (with lots of eyes). Probably goes against the norm; seems that most folks like contrasting doors, end caps, trim ... I do, too - but as a New England girl, I have a love for native NE woods.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Ahoy all.

How's everyone doing? Just looking to give things a bump! Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Cappy I'm just loving my 26650 Destroyer. My other mods have just taken a back seat to her.
Looking forward to what you have coming next.

Did someone say a Redsky DNA200 or Yihi 350j???? :eek::w00t:

That should get things rollin!!!!! :D :pop:

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I'm finding I like mechs more than regulated, these days. I'm pathetic when it comes to fixing things; mechs are straightforward and don't often break. When they do, even I can usually figure out what's wrong. Of course, perfection would be a mech with a safety mechanism!

Reactions: Capt' Brian

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy all, happy Tuesday!

Not much to update here at RSM, just cruising along in auto mode.

I just got in an order from Fastech, I wanted to have a couple spare rebuildable atties that were good for squonking.

Besides the trusty A7 which they no longer carry, they have the A7 mini which I don't like as much, it sooo small.

I also found another type that have apparently been for sale on their site for a long time, but they are mostly discontinued or out of stock. I ordered two of them and found them to be satisfactory even though they are pretty cheap. One of them I had to bend a post a little as it was making contact with the atty sidewall. I always test my atties with an ohm meter before trying to use it.

$4.96 M6 Rebuildable Electronic Cigarette Atomizer (0.6ml) - 2.0-2.2Ω / blue + silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I liked them enough to order another 10 of them today (as they are so cheap) for a backup supply that I can toss in a drawer for the future. Again, they are a bit clunky and cheap, but at that price I can have ten of them for the price of one higher quality atty.

If anyone is still hanging around the thread and has info on other squonker ready rebuildable atties, could you please start posting links so we can all check them out? You can even give a quick review if you wish.

Have a fine damn week all, take care!

arrr

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
On another note, I suck at building coils! For the most part I have been using these for the last couple of years and have had no issues with them. Depending on the power setting on my mod, they can last from a few days up to a week before they get too gunked up to use.

$5.75 Replacement Wicks and Wires for Rebuildable Atomizer (50-Pack) 50-pack - 2.0ohm / w/plastic case at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I wonder how long it will be before someone starts making pre-made coils for temp controlled mods?

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Three Fifty J board
Inside the Red Sky Cutlass
Time to sell kidney

Ahoy Waho!

Yeah, I think this is beyond my capability as a glorified hobby mod maker with delusions of grandeur. 12 guage wires? good grief...

Reactions: Waho

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
On another note, I suck at building coils! For the most part I have been using these for the last couple of years and have had no issues with them. Depending on the power setting on my mod, they can last from a few days up to a week before they get too gunked up to use.

$5.75 Replacement Wicks and Wires for Rebuildable Atomizer (50-Pack) 50-pack - 2.0ohm / w/plastic case at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I wonder how long it will be before someone starts making pre-made coils for temp controlled mods?
Cappy, how are you at wicking? My coils last several months. I just dry burn and re-wick every week.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Cappy, how are you at wicking? My coils last several months. I just dry burn and re-wick every week.

I've tried, but the coils are so small and tight that I can't get a new wick into it, and at about 10 cents per coil I just decided to pop a new one on instead.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Now Cappy, even I can build coils. Interestingly, I tried using the coil master this weekend, and after one hour and four failed coils, I went back to doing them by hand over a drill bit. There's a couple of programs out there that help me decide the width of the coil, etc. this is the one I like the best:

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Just plug in what you're working with and what you want to achieve. It's kinda fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread