Status
Not open for further replies.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Ahoy Cappy & Crew!!!

Just wanted to see if I could give things a bump here as it has been totally quiet.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.
Not much happening on this end. Just trying to enjoy the simple things life has to offer.
Well have a good one and enjoy some football. Go Big Blue!!!

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy! Dead but not forgotten!

I've actually been working, just kinda enjoying the quiet for a while. Summers are always slow anyways ...

I've taken my time to figure out how to build the Cruiser Mark 3, lots of little details that needed to be addressed.

I went with the standard 3034 Mosfet so I could provide high amps using a low amp pushbutton.

I decided to use 16 guage wire and install a 25 amp fuse. It should easily handle the amps until the fuse blows. I believe that the Mosfet should also be limited to about 25 amps as well, just to be safe.

It was a bugger to get it all inside and leave room for the bottle without increasing the size of the mods, but it came out ok.

Take a look ...

I have a few that are almost done. When they are ready I will post them on the website and post pictures here as well.

The build is pretty slow, so I am not going to try to finish them all at once. In some ways, these are harder to build than the dna mods.

Here is the reverse side of it;

I decided to use the DNA push buttons cause they are so COOL! I also rounded the sides, left a flat top and shaved all the catch cups flush. I cannot put in pistol grips as the wood isn't thick enough.

And... that's what I've been doing.

Arrrrr

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy Cappy!

I have to say that it has been time well spent...
That looks really nice!!!:thumb::cool::headbang:

Thanks! Every mod in the batch is pretty exotic except for the prototype (maybe I should do a random thread give away next weekend). The prototype is African Mahogany as I didn't want to risk a high end wood when I made the first one.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yea, I'll try to remember to do it this weekend, just grab a random post I suppose and see if anyone is paying attention to the thread anymore!

Here are a few pics of the prototype. It showed me a couple things I needed to change, but it still will function just perfectly for someone...

And, off I go... arr

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Replacing the fuse requires a soldering iron?

T

Yes it would, but I would do it at a minimal cost to basically just cover return shipping.

Next time I might try to incorporate some kind of fuse holder, but those things take up even more room inside.

arrr

Reactions: supertrunker

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy!

I just finished the first of the Marauder Mark 3's and needed to test the electronics. As the screw on voltage meter won't reach down into the tank well I just screwed on my Phoenix and gave it a vape...... WOW!

The Phoenix is a dual coil at half an ohm and I hit it with a fresh 18650 battery... what is that, about 35 watts? I'm vaping 18 mg juice and my head is still buzzzzzzing after a few hits... wow again.. don't know how people can vape that all day long.

As you can see I also installed a 25 amp fuse it it too.

Yarrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread