Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Kinda sorta. All the relatives around here are 30+ years old, no kids of any sort, so things are pretty mellow even at this time of year.

Nobody ever shows up at our door for trick or treating so I didn't even bother to buy candy this year. Our neighborhood has gotten a bit iffy over the years.

--------------------

I finished a half dozen mods a while ago, I suppose I really should start letting people see them before everyone thinks I quit!

Here is the rack with all the mods. They are either 25 amp Cruises or Marauders (non-regulated).

This is what the insides look like. Note that the fuse is accessible but is soldered in. Did I post some of these before? CRS ..

The inside of a Marauder.

Here are the five Cruisers and one Marauder that are finished. The first one on the top left is the prototype and is destined for a giveaway at some point.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Yea same here for the Trick or Treaters. I've been living here 5 years and have not had one kid come to the door. The first year we bought tons of candy. The last 4 not one piece! Amazing when we lived in NY i would go through tons of candy,but not here. Oh well!
This batch looks really beautiful Cappy! Great job!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: LittleBird

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oh I forgot to ask. What's the wood on the top row 4th from the left. That's nice!!

Arrr, let's see... I wrote it down somewhere....

Ah, they are out of any kind of order.

Ok, from top left to bottom right;

Prototype - African Mahogany

(#2) East Indian Rosewood, Culrata end caps, Gabon ebony side panels.

(#10) Gabon ebony body, Rengas tiger end caps, Black & White ebony side panels.

The one you asked about is (#3) Sycamore body, Brazillia ebony end caps, Box elder burl side panels.

Next row is,

(#6) Wenge body, Yaya end caps, Spalted red maple side panels.

(#1) East indian rosewood, Yucatan rosewood end caps, Figured black walnut.

The Marauder is African mahogany with Black and White Ebony side panels.

Hope I got that right!

I'm thinking I will copy the base price of the woodvil as he sells many, many times more than I do and knows the current market much better.

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I remember back in the good ol' days, when I posted pics of new mods the thread would be full of people taking a look. Now, it's you and me, heh.

Well, kinda makes sense. I used to make new batches every 6 to 10 weeks. Now, even though they are better and prettier than ever, it's every 4 to 6 months and with all the new stuff that continues to flood the market I'm starting to feel like the little old man in his shop selling hand made pots and pans while he gazes over at the brand new shopping center next door.

We must fight the evil of mass production! ARRRRR, all hands man your guns

GwenRider

Moved On
Nov 6, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy!

Gotten awfully quite again, but that's all my fault.

I finished one of the most hated tasks I have to do today. Making bottles!

The surgical rod I ordered finally came in so I cut it into pieces and sanded the ends. Then I drilled holes into all the bottle tops, pushed in the cutoff pieces, added silicone tubes and ta-dah! We got bottles.

In the next couple days I should have the first of the mods available for the website posted.

I'm waiting on parts to finish the other half of the batch. Gotta love back orders.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy, happy Thursday!

Just sitting outside, 68 degrees, watching the sun rise while sending plumes of vapor slowly curling up into the still sky ... ahhhh..... Florida is a looong way from where this Anchorage boy grew up.

Did I hear you northerners were getting more snow? :D

Anyway, here are some pics of two mods that have had dibs called on them and will be heading out soon.

Wenge body, Machiche end caps, blue box elder burl side panels (click on thumbnails for larger pics).

Gabon ebony body, Rengas tiger end caps, Black & white ebony side panels.

Have a fine day all, arrr

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
These two are now up on the website.

CR15-11 - East Indian rosewood body, Yucatan rosewood end caps, Black walnut side panels.

Again, click thumbnails for bigger pics...

CR15-16 - Wenge body, Yaya end caps, Spalted American elm side panels.

That's it for now, more to come in the following days/weeks as parts arrive and I finish up more of the batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread