RTA closest to RDA experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I find the Smoktech RSBT pretty close to a dripper's vape -- hence, I'm not too wild about it, but, it's a better option for tank crackers than the kayfun quartz kit, because of the filling/draining issues with the quartz kit.

Can you please elaborate on the filling/draining issues with the quartz kit? I was looking into buying one for my Kayfun.

Thanks

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I just pictured you grabbing this after the pic and off in the water it goes Ha Ha .... Same feeling when you see someone standing on the edge of a building in a movie, my stomach kinda turned. Great looking device. A Reo?

If I'm not mistaken, he has taken a few dives in the lake to retrieve various vaping devices already. :laugh:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Can you please elaborate on the filling/draining issues with the quartz kit? I was looking into buying one for my Kayfun.

Thanks

I'll try, though it may not be clear. The quartz tank is held onto the top and bottom steel rings with o-rings; the bottom ring has to be "wide" enough at the bottom to hold that o-ring; that means that it slightly occludes the fill hole. If you use a syringe and go very slowly, it's possible to fill it without making a mess. But, unless you have an EXTREMELY fine gauge needle, you can't go all the way into the tank with the needle in order to drain it. I have tried filling/draining with an 18ga needle, which is the smallest I have. POSSIBLY a 20ga or 22ga needle could pass that bottom ring to get into the tank, but it sure would be slow to get any ejuice up a needle that small, especially if it's a high-VG juice.

If you know how to top fill without making a huge mess, then you won't have this issue. It can be done, I've heard, but I was not able to do it without the huge mess and wasting several ml of juice. Bear in mind that you'd have that o-ring to deal with in getting the top steel ring on, with a tank full of juice.

Andria

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I'll try, though it may not be clear. The quartz tank is held onto the top and bottom steel rings with o-rings; the bottom ring has to be "wide" enough at the bottom to hold that o-ring; that means that it slightly occludes the fill hole. If you use a syringe and go very slowly, it's possible to fill it without making a mess. But, unless you have an EXTREMELY fine gauge needle, you can't go all the way into the tank with the needle in order to drain it. I have tried filling/draining with an 18ga needle, which is the smallest I have. POSSIBLY a 20ga or 22ga needle could pass that bottom ring to get into the tank, but it sure would be slow to get any ejuice up a needle that small, especially if it's a high-VG juice.

If you know how to top fill without making a huge mess, then you won't have this issue. It can be done, I've heard, but I was not able to do it without the huge mess and wasting several ml of juice. Bear in mind that you'd have that o-ring to deal with in getting the top steel ring on, with a tank full of juice.

Andria

I see, so the fill hole is partially blocked. As for draining, try this: just keep your drip tip on, turn the tank upside down, have drip tip on top of ejuice open bottle or empty bottle and unscrew base. Once you unscrew base, all your ejuice will go through the drip tip to the bottle.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I see, so the fill hole is partially blocked. As for draining, try this: just keep your drip tip on, turn the tank upside down, have drip tip on top of ejuice open bottle or empty bottle and unscrew base. Once you unscrew base, all your ejuice will go through the drip tip to the bottle.

Hey thanks, that's a great idea. :thumb:

Andria

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
If I'm not mistaken, he has taken a few dives in the lake to retrieve various vaping devices already. :laugh:
I was feeling that way while I took that pic, I don't bring this one near the water, I have been dropping mods lately haha!

Not a reo BTW, I made that one myself.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I believe you are missing the entire point of the thread roosterado

I would love a tank that vaped exactly like my plume veil without having to drip all the time and carry a bottle of juice

looking at bottom feeders more and more because of this
I meant I like the Vape on my RTA's[Aqua clone-Authentic Russian better the all the RDAs I had tried[Crown-Stillare-Tobh] That is until I built my Magma the other day-first build on it,first time using Rayon. Now the Magma is a Vape I like alot

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Hmm... Only one casual mention of Erlkonigin. The only thing I want now is a second Erlkonigin. Great vapor,taste,and draw.
I like it better than my svoemesto kayfun lite plus v2 and better than my magma.

I think the reason that the Erl wasn't mentioned is because the draw on it is a little tight even with the AFC removed. That would be the reason I didn't mention it myself as I like very airy draws for lung hits with my RDAs. Don't get me wrong, the Erl is a flavor beast and my favorite RTA, so much so that I have another one on the way.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I think the reason that the Erl wasn't mentioned is because the draw on it is a little tight even with the AFC removed. That would be the reason I didn't mention it myself as I like very airy draws for lung hits with my RDAs. Don't get me wrong, the Erl is a flavor beast and my favorite RTA, so much so that I have another one on the way.

Interesting you feel that way. I know we have similar taste in gear.
I like very airy draws and do lung hits myself on everything. I haven't had that experience on my Erl. Wonder if it is a variance in our builds,whether the stainless tank I am using changes it some, type of drip tip etc. I just noticed you were running the standard tank. I wonder if my stainless 22mm is making a difference with the extra width. I will try the standard tank soon and see if there is a variance. I am just using the stock stainless tip. I don't feel choked of on the erl like I do on the Kayfun. I run my Kayfun without AFC and prefer the stock drip tip for flavor, if I use a wide bore tip I can improve the draw, but feel like it loses some flavor doing that.

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Ok, i think i might have to track one of those down! I bet it would even fit on top of some of my other atomizers... might be on to something here. The only thing that worries me is the size of the "drip holes" in the top deck. They seem huge... some people say it doesnt leak with 50/50... some are saying use high VG.

Ok... now where to buy one that has them in stock...

There's a screw that's supposed to go in to the large filling hole that early reviewers seem to have missed. The small hole is the drip hole. The large hole needs to be plugged.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Thanks! We only found that out after that one video posted a few pages back. Before it didn't seem to make sense. Now all worries are gone.

I think that was in the other thread for the Pontus. I wasn't sure if you were in that or not so I thought I would share here. In any case, I can't wait to get mine.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Has anyone tried the Kaiser from Yiloong? It's a very similar design to the Rose v2 but it's different enough that you can't really call it a clone. It's also a lot cheaper.

Yiloong Kaiser rebuildable atomizer

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ThQhbYIItk

I was really excited about this one when it was introduced, but ended up buying a Taifun GT instead. I am thinking about picking a Kaiser up as well since I've heard really good things about it. Build quality is supposed to be similar to the Fogger, which isn't the best but it works (though I did melt the insulator in my Fogger a bit, but the kaiser has ceramic which should prevent the issue). It's supposed to keep the wicks very saturated though, which is the biggest problems with tanks and why I just ordered the Pontus instead of another tank. I want the Smok BEC too. My vape budget is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread