RWhy4 - My new all day vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogeggs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Southampton UK
Have they tested ry4 double for the custard notes yet? I would like to make a custard note free version using fa caramel/butterscotch and vienna cream instead of the caramel candy and bavarian cream.

I use vienna cream in mine at 3% instead of Bavarian Cream at 5%, it tastes great, don't know for sure if the custard notes are in RY4D but guessing i would say yes, but not enough to harm you.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Hey gang,

I know there is no Diacetyl or Acetylpropionyl in their RY4 standard flavoring. I always assumed that RY4 Double was just a more concentrated form of their standard. Obviously that is an assumption that could be wrong. So while I'll can't confirm if either chemical is found in the RY4 Double, I just thought I'd pop in and share what we DO know.

V8pguy

Moved On
Jun 16, 2014
On the couch
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New Identity of perviously banned member

odoyal63

Verified Member
Made a batch right now and hot bathed it, shook it and it tasted great. So I decided to add the vanilla swirl and now it's kinda to mellow... But all my mixes have been mellow lately, maybe I am losing my taste

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

The Vanilla swirl really killed the flavor for me also.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Sitting here absentmindedly vaping my twist on this tonight and it hit me.

This is very similar to GLV's Deadly sin.

Now, my version is currently 10% RY4D, 5% caramel candy and 5% vanilla swirl, but I had tossed this in with a batch I played around with some graham and TFA pecan. The pecan isn't even noticeable now because I put two bottles together..one about 10 mL of the above percentages and the remaining with the graham and pecan that was about 10 mL. The pecan was just a hint in that bottle anyway, so I don't know that it would even factor in really.

The whole mess is also about 4 weeks steeped.

I'm sure there's more to it, but this would definitely be the road I'd follow if trying to make a GLV deadly sin clone. I never really even made a connection between the two, but tonight it was sure a Eureka moment.

Edited to add: The more I think on this, the more I'd bet my brass monkey that there is RY4D in Deadly Sin. I remember vaping that juice and never really understanding how it was a "tobacco" per their description. Now that I know what RY4D tastes like though, I just bet. And I also bet there's some graham in there.

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have been away from this flavor for quite a while now,i had actually forgot about it after i started making other flavors.Well,today i found a bottle of it in the back of my cabinet with about 20ml left in it,and all i can say is wow.When i used this as my adv,i never really gave it any steep time,mix it up,let it sit overnight,and start vaping it,so the only real steeping it got was the time it took to get through the bottle.I always thought it was very good,but never really understood why ry4 double was considered a tobacco flavor,as i never tasted any tobacco,just a fairly sweet caramel taste,and then the cream when used in this recipe.Well,now after sitting for probably 2-3 months,i can really taste a good tobacco note in it,so my suggestion is if you can hold out,let this steep as long as possible,and it gets even better.

Got my first order of tobacco absolute today and added some to my 16oz bottle of RWhy4. Omg this really set the entire thing off. I got it from OSDIY and it came with a mini scooper. I heated up the TA and the bottle of RWhy4 and added a pretty good size scoop of the TA to it, I shook it up and heated it again, kind of a speed steep. I felt the RWhy4 was missing that certain tobacco flavor that TA adds and oh man it's on the money now. Vaping it at 60w in my dual coil tobh and can't get enough. Thanks again for the recipe. My 16oz bottle has already steeped for 2 months or more before I added the TA so it's good to go.

Lillie Bennett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
Virginia
Wow I must say there is a lot going on with this mouth full of flavor...but not my liking taste to creamy and to much like caramel for me but if your into this type of flavors this is all you I recommend!
I dropped the percentage to 5-2-2, same flavor but not so overwhelming. I love it by itself and also as a base for one other flavor.

Lillie Bennett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
Virginia
i gave a 30ml of my absolute RWhy4 to one of my co workers. Him and his wife went threw it in less then 3 days. Its there new favorite.
I tried Googling that absolute but was unable to figure out exactly what you are using, wasn't sure if I found a concentrate.

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Okay, this sounds very close to my fav all day vape, which is Uncle Junks' Jon Wayne. It has a carmel, vanilla smooth flavor and i've yet to find anything that seems even close to me wanting to taste....until now!!! Oh Yum and two thumbs up for this recipe....now if i could just figure out how to make my own because i'm a doofus with most of the calculators i've messed with and not even sure what kind of supplies to get. But i have Google, so yeah....haven't even tasted this flavor yet, but from the sound of it....i'd say it will be my next favorite Ejuice other than UJ's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread