RWhy4 - My new all day vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
I just tried this...I also halved the percentages as I find most recipes percentages way too high for me.

I used TFA Caramel as I didn't have the Caramel Candy and I also added 1% Vanilla Swirl.

Right off the bat its pretty good!

10ml test batch

50/50 PG/VG 24mg

Double RY4 - 6%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Caramel - 2%
Vanilla Swirl - 1%

EDIT: If this is as good or better in a few days I'll be making a big batch! This could definitely be an all day vape for me!

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I created a new blend of this which I hope brings out more cream. Unfortunately I made this batch late at night and I'm not sure I was 100% on my measurements. Oddly the smell is heavy caramel and cream to the point where it smells like gourmet coffee. Taste was off but I think it needed a hotter and longer quick steep.

Used boiling water and am giving it natural steep time to see what happens. Might pop some tonight and see how it has changes from 3-5 days of steeping.

The original I posted is still my fav from any reblend I've made. It was well balanced for my taste so it will have a place in my collection. Glad others like it and have changed it for their own taste!

EDIT: Tried the cream blend again and I think I did indeed dull the flavor. Think it might have been the Bavarian part of the cream. Right now ... it sorta tastes like a Popcorn Jelly Belly. lol

Coming soon: RYSmurf. :D

Last edited:

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
Thanks for sharing this. :thumbs: I just mixed my first DIY batch (ever) and chose to try this Rwhy4. Only did 10ml, first time and all.
Started with my mixed down 50mg nic, then blended down to 18mg with 70/30 and mixed in:
10% Double ry4
5% Caramel candy
5% Bavarian cream
1% Vanilla Swirl

Only did two 5 minute warm steeps and had to try it out. Wow, smooooooth vape.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
GUYS.... let this steep... let this steep 3 weeks. and if you can hold it after that... let it steep for the rest of the month.... im tellling you people... the double ry4 on its own its delicious.... i mix it at 20% also... sometimes i add tobacco to give it a more tobacco flavor... lol please listen to me... you wont be sorry,

I had a bottle of premixed base @12mg, with no flavoring in it. I added 10% of Double RY4, just to see what it was like at higher %'s, and it's fantastic. It's all I have been vaping since I mixed it. Tastes too good to steep unfortunately.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
lol... man.. then do this..

mix up two 50ml bottles of this stuff.. then vape on one of them for 3 weeks.. thennnn by the time your done the other bottle should be ready to go.. and continue doing the same thing ... lol.. none of you guys are gonna do this.

That's about what I do when I find one I like. I mix 100 ml at a time. Makes the measurements really easy. I usually mix in the bottles from my Walmart VG. Looking forward to trying this recipe if Wizard would send me my order.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland

mix up two 50ml bottles of this stuff.. then vape on one of them for 3 weeks.. thennnn by the time your done the other bottle should be ready to go.. and continue doing the same thing ... lol.. none of you guys are gonna do this.

Kinda funny that I read this post right after I just mixed up 60ml in addition to the 20ish I am currently vaping.:vapor:

restatelady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Florida
GUYS.... let this steep... let this steep 3 weeks. and if you can hold it after that... let it steep for the rest of the month.... im tellling you people... the double ry4 on its own its delicious.... i mix it at 20% also... sometimes i add tobacco to give it a more tobacco flavor... lol please listen to me... you wont be sorry,

Graff, which tobacco do you add and what percentage. I am going to be brave and try it at 20% but I find usually there is not enough tobacco taste there. Maybe that will change at 20%-not sure.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
what percentage do you usually mix it up to??? if you dont taste enough tobacco then u might have to add more like i do... when i mix my double ry4 i mix it at 20% because its super rich after those 3 weeks. but i noticed that i dont taste too much of the tobacco at all.. so what i do is that, for the next batch or another batch entirely .. i mix the double ry4 to about 12 or 13 to 14%... then the rest i would add Commercial Tobacco.. which is my favorite tobacco flavor.. it has a sweet taste to it.. but i always mix up to 20% i only go a liiiiitle bit higher if im throwing in some EM or Lemon juice or menthol or something like that.. (additives). only because sense the double ry4 is so rich in flavor.. its ok to add another 2-3 % of other things like menthol or EM.. (for me, for my taste) some people will say thats wayyyyyyy too high.. and they dont even taste it from how high the percentage i mix at is...

restatelady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Florida
what percentage do you usually mix it up to??? if you dont taste enough tobacco then u might have to add more like i do... when i mix my double ry4 i mix it at 20% because its super rich after those 3 weeks. but i noticed that i dont taste too much of the tobacco at all.. so what i do is that, for the next batch or another batch entirely .. i mix the double ry4 to about 12 or 13 to 14%... then the rest i would add Commercial Tobacco.. which is my favorite tobacco flavor.. it has a sweet taste to it.. but i always mix up to 20% i only go a liiiiitle bit higher if im throwing in some EM or Lemon juice or menthol or something like that.. (additives). only because sense the double ry4 is so rich in flavor.. its ok to add another 2-3 % of other things like menthol or EM.. (for me, for my taste) some people will say thats wayyyyyyy too high.. and they dont even taste it from how high the percentage i mix at is...

I am mixing at 10% and it is still on the weak side for me. I really feel it needs the tobacco "boost". I will try pushing the double ry4 up a bit and adding the commercial tobacco to it. I followed your steeping suggestion and it made a huge difference so far and it hasn't even been quite as long as you recommend.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
After a week+ steep the creamier version I thought I had failed at is finally getting better. Still prefer my original.
Wow ... glad plenty of people are liking this blend. Truly is a simple and tasty one imho.

You might want to go ahead and just add a tobacco blend rather than increasing the Double RY4. I say that simply because the other flavors will probably continue to mask the tobacco slightly. Granted the longer you let this steep, the more tobacco you'll get.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA

It's like you're saying "I dare ya... or "bet you can't do it..." so, I'm gonna do this for the sake of experimentation :D

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
It's like you're saying "I dare ya... or "bet you can't do it..." so, I'm gonna do this for the sake of experimentation :D

I honestly should just do this. I have been mixing 10ml bottles every couple of days, lol. It's truly my newest all day vape, though mixed with other flavors as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread