RX 2/3 Owner's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitamjahat

Sep 12, 2016
so today after i fully charged my battery with external battery, i plug my pair of mxjo to my rx 2/3 mod. i use 2 battery because its so simple. when it turned on, its says "check battery". so i swap the battery and doesnt work. i check the battery status by long pressing all of theree button and the mod detect 3 battery "4.19" "0" "4.18". so i tried to use 3 battery and the value is "4.19" "0" "8.18". wtf happen with my mod. any help please

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Still in triple battery mode on my first of 3 rx2/3 waiting on the vendor to return my email: Just got a low atomizer warning, put the tank on my istick 200 and it fires fine of course.

Update if anyone cares: I just tested the other 2 in dual battery mode and both work fine. The vendor gave me an RMA to send back the one that doesn't work in dual mode for inspection/replacement so assuming these 2 I am testing work in triple mode, and the vendor replaces that bad one with a good one, I am pretty happy at this point. I like the form factor of these in dual battery mode quite a bit.

vendor agreed unit was defective and are shipping me a new one.

Hello. I don't know if this is the right place to post my question, but I think it's better to ask here than to open a new topic.

So I just got the RX 2/3. Today I thought I'm gonna update the firmware, and put in my custom logo. So I downloaded the updater program from Wismec's web (ver 4.12), plugged the 2/3, and clicked update. Everything went smoothly. Closed the updater, and prepared my custom logo.

Problem is, the second time I opened the updater, it just went on an infinite loop (not responding), and eventually a window popped up saying program error. Triple checked everything, from cable connection to restarting PC, still the same problem. I copied everything on a thumb drive, and tried to do it on a different PC, still the same. The updater not responding and eventually needed to be closed.

Any of you experiencing this problem? Are there any ways to reset the firmware to its original factory version?

Oh, I'm using Windows 7 32-bit, btw.

Thank you.

I didn't know there was new firmware til you posted this but I haven't tried installing the new firmware because of your issues. When I downloaded 4.12 I also downloaded 4.02 so you should be able to download that and rollback the firmware I would assume.

c4ppucino

Jun 2, 2015
vendor agreed unit was defective and are shipping me a new one.

I didn't know there was new firmware til you posted this but I haven't tried installing the new firmware because of your issues. When I downloaded 4.12 I also downloaded 4.02 so you should be able to download that and rollback the firmware I would assume.

Yes, I forgot to update what happened. I'll write it here, so it may be useful if someone else go through the same thing. I browsed around, and found the solution. So I took off the battery (can be both, but I left one inside, since the circuit will remain open anyway), and plug the USB cable in. The LED went on a bit, and the updater seemed to work properly that time. Then the updater detected the device, but blank on the firmware part. Seemed like it's kinda like a hard reset, wiping off the existing firmware. I just installed the firmware again, and it's all good ever since.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Hey guys can any of you point me to who has these at the best price..u.s vendor thnx.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I got mine from ecig.com for $40 and if you have never ordered from there you should be able to use ecig10 (I think) for 10% off your first order. Free shipping over $75 (so obv you will want to get 2 or 3 of these, or a few other items) and they are pretty good to deal with if you have shipping issues or any defective units.

Reactions: kaykay

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Anyone install the new firmware with preheat function on their 2/3 or 200s? Is that just a TC function? Both of my RX mods I have in use at the moment are running in VW mode because I was lazy when re-coiling them and just went with some prebuilt kanthal coils I had just got from FT instead of coiling up some SS by hand.

c4ppucino

Jun 2, 2015
How do you use the TC? My other mod is the IPV D2, and I can use the TC function, even when I'm using kanthal. With the RX, I set the mode to TC, detected the resistance, set the watt. When firing, it will go for about 1-2 seconds, and then automatically switch back to VW, with 20W output. Does this mean it can detect that I'm using kanthal (instead of Ni or SS) and refuse to stay operating in TC mode?

stinkboto

Dec 26, 2009
San Jose, CA.
Anyone install the new firmware with preheat function on their 2/3 or 200s? Is that just a TC function? Both of my RX mods I have in use at the moment are running in VW mode because I was lazy when re-coiling them and just went with some prebuilt kanthal coils I had just got from FT instead of coiling up some SS by hand.
It works in all modes...I ramped my preheat to 90W for .5 seconds. Works great in wattage mode!

Reactions: smacksy

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
It works in all modes...I ramped my preheat to 90W for .5 seconds. Works great in wattage mode!
Yep, I installed it on my rx2/3 and rx200s and have been tinkering with it in wattage mode. I have tried a lower watt pre-heat and my normal vape watts, and just flipped that this morning with a 2s pre-heat at my normal vape watts then lowered my vaping watts. Next on the to-do list is what you tried with a short pre-heat over my normal vaping watts. Both mods are due for a re-wicking soon and I will put in some twisted ss316l to see how it helps in TC mode. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: stinkboto

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I got one in black/red on order since one of my Cuboids crapped out on me. Planning on running it in 2bat mode. Fingers crossed I don't get a defective one or one with an overly fiddly battery door :) Does anyone know which chipset this puppy's running?
Not sure on chip set but all 3 of mine ran great in dual battery mode now that the defective one was replaced. They all require that once the 2 battery door is clicked in it be pushed up a little to remove the gap. This and my rx200s get most of my use lately when at home since the new firmware update though I prefer the form of the rx2/3 in dual battery mode over the rx200s. I am hoping the istick 200 gets the preheat update or it may have to get stashed away.

Reactions: FiReSTaRT

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
How do you use the TC? My other mod is the IPV D2, and I can use the TC function, even when I'm using kanthal. With the RX, I set the mode to TC, detected the resistance, set the watt. When firing, it will go for about 1-2 seconds, and then automatically switch back to VW, with 20W output. Does this mean it can detect that I'm using kanthal (instead of Ni or SS) and refuse to stay operating in TC mode?
Tc will I only work with tc-capable wire, not kanthal. This is the case with the ipv d2 as well. It might not kick you out of tc mode, but it won't regulate the temperature.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: kljoki

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Mine's on its way via "Singapore Post".. Needed some 26awg 316L anyway and wanted a dual slot base for one of my STM's and wasn't in a rush to get the mod. My primary Cuboid is still working well for office use, the IPV4S is still chugging away in VV/VW mode for home use and I still have a spare mech for God forbid. Still, I'll manually be refreshing the status on my Parcel Tracker app a few times a day until the 2/3 gets here ;)

MissBlue

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2014
Lansdowne, PA, USA
Help. i don't understand a lot of what was said in this thread... can someone please explain in regular non modder's slang, lol, w.t.f. to do to FIX this "CHECK BATTERY" problem with the 2/3-??

have had it for a few months, worked fine til yesterday when the 'check battery' error suddenly happened. I use it in 2 mode all the time, cause it gets way too hot with 3 batts.... have three separate sets of married batteries - all of which work FINE on other devices, have always charged them in a separate charger, not with the USB cord. this 'check battery' error is apparently a 'thing' with this mod - it's NOT due to the batteries actually being loaded wrong.

Tried the "adjust the gold screw" fix - did not work; the screw was already fully tightened. no slack in it at all. Also saw a vid on you tube involving taking it apart and messing with the wires & soldering.... don't know to do all that.

- can anyone give me any other ideas what I can do to fix this?
--- T I A ---

Last edited:

Hamhawk

Oct 21, 2016
San Carlos, CA
I am not happy with the build quality of the rx2/3. Don't get me wrong, still love the mod, it is just not made well. I am on my 2nd, and this one just had a problem. The first had the check battery problem, that flashed with every set of batteries I put in, in both 2 battery and 3 battery mode. Got it replaced under warranty. Now the replacement wouldn't power up in 3 battery mode, but worked in 2 battery mode. I pulled out the contacts in the third battery door, and sure enough, the negative terminal connection had been broken in two, just a cheap piece of metal bent around the spring, snapped cleanly in half, due to metal fatigue most likely. However, this mod is only a few weeks old, so poor design. I rearranged the connectors to function again because it is now, conveniently, out of warranty.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
How's the battery life on the RX when using only two batteries? I keep hearing that using 2 batteries lasts 4 hours at most when chain vaping because it is truly made for three batteries instead.

I'm looking to buy a second mod next to my Finder but I'll only be using it in dual battery mode so please let me know. And if the battey life is truly bad when using 2 batteries, what's a better option out there? Perhaps a Fuchai 213? Or should I add some more money and go for a Therion 75?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
How's the battery life on the RX when using only two batteries? I keep hearing that using 2 batteries lasts 4 hours at most when chain vaping because it is truly made for three batteries instead.

I'm looking to buy a second mod next to my Finder but I'll only be using it in dual battery mode so please let me know. And if the battey life is truly bad when using 2 batteries, what's a better option out there? Perhaps a Fuchai 213? Or should I add some more money and go for a Therion 75?
I have 2 of my 3 rx2/3 in daily rotation (one in power mode and one in TC mode) along with a istick 200 and rx200s. Battery life seems fine to me running in the 60 - 75w range on all my devices but I switch between all the devices throughout the day so it's hard for me to compare them since I don't chain vape off just one device. I plan to get a couple more rx2/3 (as I have 2 belt holsters that fit the rx2/3 and rx200s mods) but I have also been considering trying a smoant battlestar as I like the form factor and the dimensions look very similar so I am hoping it would also fit my holsters.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
On mine it seems that the preheat is only working in wattage mode. Can you test it in TCR mode and see if you get a preheat?
Preheat is only in wattage mode. However, it's not needed in tc. You simply set your wattage higher and that'll work as preheat. The mod fires at the higher wattage until it reaches the set temperature, at which point it throttles down. Preheat settings are kind of superfluous in tc mode.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread