RX 2/3 Owner's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
Preheat is only in wattage mode. However, it's not needed in tc. You simply set your wattage higher and that'll work as preheat. The mod fires at the higher wattage until it reaches the set temperature, at which point it throttles down. Preheat settings are kind of superfluous in tc mode.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

How do you set preheat in wattage mode on a dna mod? I played around with the settings on escribe but I am not sure I am doing it correctly.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
How do you set preheat in wattage mode on a DNA mod? I played around with the settings on escribe but I am not sure I am doing it correctly.
There's no preheat in wattage mode (where it would be of actual use). Reportedly you can bypass it in some way. Perhaps by setting up a "kanthal tc profile, which of course won't tc kanthal but will provide preheat. I don't use wattage mode anymore so I actually don't know. Perhaps someone who does could chime in?

Reactions: TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
There's no preheat in wattage mode (where it would be of actual use). Reportedly you can bypass it in some way. Perhaps by setting up a "kanthal tc profile, which of course won't tc kanthal but will provide preheat. I don't use wattage mode anymore so I actually don't know. Perhaps someone who does could chime in?

That worked. I used nickel200 as the profile and set the preheat power to 45W for 1.5 seconds and it seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Any thoughts on the newest firmware taking the maximum wattage up to 250w? I'm waiting for my 2/3 to come in the mail and I am curious about whether 201 to 250w runs comfortably.
Make sure that you use 30 amp batteries if you're going all the way to 250w.

Reactions: EMusic

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Got one of these yesterday and I'm very impressed with it. However the guy in the vape shop said that if i charge it using the USB lead i need to make sure the charging device kicks out more than 1 amp. Does anyone know if that is true?
Yup. The mod charges at 1 amp so if you use a lower rated usb adapter it'll (the adapter) will heat up and might fail if you're unlucky. A higher rated charger is ok, and in fact better.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
Got one of these yesterday and I'm very impressed with it. However the guy in the vape shop said that if i charge it using the USB lead i need to make sure the charging device kicks out more than 1 amp. Does anyone know if that is true?

I am sorry but you shouldn't really be charging it using USB at all. RX devices do not have balance charging and you'll end up doing more harm than good, unless you purchased a RX DNA mod.

Reactions: kljoki

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I am tempted to buy another regulated mod and the r2/3 is on the list.

Only thing putting me off is you can't seem to read a review or watch a run down on it without someone commenting on the crappy 510. Are they really that bad?

Also, how has the 3rd battery holder held up after some use? Looks like play could happen quite quickly.

Thanks in advance folks!

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
Yup. The mod charges at 1 amp so if you use a lower rated usb adapter it'll (the adapter) will heat up and might fail if you're unlucky. A higher rated charger is ok, and in fact better.

Thanks, i actually got told the unit/batteries will burn out and not the charger.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I am sorry but you shouldn't really be charging it using USB at all. RX devices do not have balance charging and you'll end up doing more harm than good, unless you purchased a RX DNA mod.

I'm not actually planning on charging it using USB. It's just in case i ever get caught short and need a bit of power.

I bought two sets of batteries and a charger so in theory i shouldn't get caught short if i remember to keep the spare set of batteries charged. I've installed an app on my phone that measures the amperage of a USB charger and i carry a portable battery for my phone which kicks out 1.6amps so i reckon i'm all sorted now.

EMusic

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2016
Encino, CA
My brand-new RX2/3!
IMG_0229.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread