Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I think it's time for an external charger. Through USB it might literally take a day or more to charge all 3 batteries. Yikes!

Aside from that the mod itself is AWESOME! :p
Yes, get an external charger. The rx200 doesn't have proper balance charging, and I doubt that the rx2/3 has, so you'll need an external charger. Get a quality one. I recommend Xtar chargers.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: EMusic

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
@Lance Groff Unfortunately, I don't think so. The best way would be to buy the RBA deck for it and build your own TC coils, or just buy pre-wrapped TC coils and install them. I hated building at first and was a fan of pre-made coils, but I decided to start building my own stuff and now I absolutely LOVE the process and doesn't take me more than 5 - 10 minutes if I am doing everything from the beginning.

Lance Groff

Jan 6, 2017
@Lance Groff Unfortunately, I don't think so. The best way would be to buy the RBA deck for it and build your own TC coils, or just buy pre-wrapped TC coils and install them. I hated building at first and was a fan of pre-made coils, but I decided to start building my own stuff and now I absolutely LOVE the process and doesn't take me more than 5 - 10 minutes if I am doing everything from the beginning.

What do you mean by pre wrapped TC coils. I think thats what I want, but SMOK does not make tham for the baby beast. are other companies compatible that you know of?

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016

kljoki

Dec 9, 2012
Rome, Italy
geek_vape_hbc_handbuild_coils.png

Geek Vape Eagle - they have SS coils

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hey Guys Im a releativly new owner of the RX2/3 about 10 days

over that time I have been to various parts of the internets to find bits and pieces of info on how to use different aspects of the RX2/3 so I thought I would put it all in one place and it might help some get to grips with some of the more non obvious parts of the RX/23

Anyone is welcome to take it edit it rejigger it and re-post it.

Wismec Reuleaux R2/3 Functions and settings Quick reference guide Firmware 4.13

Turn device on and off press fire button 5 times. (Although if you haven’t figured that out I have grave concerns about your ability to operate this piece of technology:cry:.)

Settings accessible while device is off only.

1. Check Current firmware press fire button 20 times while off.(Software & instructions to update firmware can be found on Wismec TC Software for Upgrading Reuleaux RX2/3 - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd
  2. Flip Screen 180 Long press up & down together while off.
  3. Check Voltage of all batteries long press down and Fire button while off.
  4. TCR Memory Mode’s 1, 2, & 3 adjustment settings long press up and Fire Button While off. (This option allows you to adjust the values of 3 Temp control modes, this allows you to make adjustments to suit different wire alloys, e.g. Stainless 304, 316, 317L, 321, 430, 904L and various other alloys of Stainless Steel, Nickel, Nichrome, Titanium, Gold, etc.

Settings accessible while device is on.

1. Stealth Function Long press down and Fire button.( This option turns the screen off but still allows you to Fire the Device.
  2. Key Lock. Long press the up and Down buttons together this will lock and unlock the up and down adjustments buttons only, the fire button remains active.

Shifting between different firing modes i.e. Variable Wattage, & Temperature control for Stainless Steel, Nichrome, and Titanium.

(Note) VW (Variable Watts) is the most commonly used and simplest option, Temperature Control or TC is a more advanced option that can only be used with Specific wire alloys.

TC is an option that can work very well but it is a little tricky to set up and not recommended for someone new to vaping, get comfortable with VW using Kanthal and maybe Stainless Steel wire before you move to a TC option. Thats a personal opinion if your comfortable trying out TC and have read enough to understand it by all means give it a whirl.

Having said all that here’s how you change your settings for TC,

With the device on press fire button 3 times, The mode indication will begin flashing press the up button to cycle through the options, VW, TC Ni, TC Ti, TC SS, TCRM1 Press the fire button to confirm your option or leave for 6 or 7 seconds.

Setting Temperature in celsius or Fahrenheit

When in your desire Temp control mode using the Up and Down buttons will adjust your Temperature,

To change from celsius to fahrenheit scroll up when you get to max temp in either C 315 or F 600 pressing up once more will flip the mode from C to F or vice versa.

(Note) If your press the Down button while mode is flashing the device will move the flashing adjust option to the next available options for that mode Keep pressing down to cycle through all your options.

Modes and options

VW While in VW your adjustments will be in Watts using up and down buttons.

TC Ni, TC SS, TC Ti

Choosing your power in Watts

After pressing fire 3 times and selecting one of the above TC modes press the left button once brings up the power option in Watts adjusting this will result in reaching your temperature limit faster or slower. Press fire button when finished then choose your desired Temperature using the up - down buttons.

Resistance Lock

(Note) This function should be used after you coils are fully setup fired wicked and juiced and working correctly, you should then wait until the coil cools to room Temperature then lock the Resistance.

This is done because with most metal alloys the resistance changes gets higher when the temperature rises, (from my rudimentary documentary based physics knowledge this is due to the magic in the metal, and how heat burns the magic out thus increasing resistance)
A more speculative opinion says it's due to the atoms vibrating more.

After pressing fire 3 times and selecting one of the above TC modes press the left button twice this Brings up the resistance lock function press the right/up button to toggle this on and off.

TCR Mode

These options are the same as the other Temp control modes for the most part, see No. 4 at the top of this doc for information on setting the variables for these options.

TCR has one additional option after pressing fire 3 times and selecting TCR press down once, then press up button to cycle through M1, M2, and M3.

Current in Amps, Puff Counter, and Time (How long the fire button has been pressed for)

This display is in the bottom left of the display and defaults to displaying the Current setting in Amps.

Press the fire button 3 times then press the Down button to cycle through your various adjustable options for the mode your in,

When on the desired option press the up button the choose between Current displayed in Amps, The Puff Counter, and finally the Time.

To Reset the Puff Counter, when cycling through the above option when the puff counter is flashing Hold down the fire button after about 3-4 seconds it will reset to 0

To Reset the Time Counter

The same process as the puff counter.

Reactions: edyle

halbgott

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
Has anyone else had difficulty with contacting wismec? The .US support was right away and they sent me to service@wismec.com. That was four days ago and no reply. They say to contact a local distributor which I assumed was wismec.us, vapor shark said they couldn't give me an easier way to contact them. After going through the troubleshooting I'm going to guess from YouTube that it's the soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread