Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Lol

The RX200s is fairly light even with batts compared to the Koopor
Primus..The batts in parallel in the Koopor last longer on a single charge..no problem with the 510 pin running a variety on either mod..Love'um both, lololo

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I use them both around the house. When I'm outside or driving somewhere there's an istick TC 40w in my pocket. The heavy ones are great for vaping where you can set them down on a table!

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I use them both around the house. When I'm outside or driving somewhere there's an iStick TC 40w in my pocket. The heavy ones are great for vaping where you can set them down on a table!
Funny you should say that, lol
47e2493519a6a54f9d0759f23be93256.jpg

I got this 100w Wismec Presa (26650) for driving and out and about..Agreed the 3-batt mods are too heavy carrying around in a pocket! Lol

Reactions: DaveP

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Lol
6e6234689208281fd429ba7fda6d3838.jpg

The RX200s is fairly light even with batts compared to the Koopor
Primus..The batts in parallel in the Koopor last longer on a single charge..no problem with the 510 pin running a variety of tanks on either mod..Love'um both, lololo

The batteries in the Koopor are series, not parallel. And in any case, in a regulated mod parallel doesn't mean better battery runtime than series. In fact, as bucking is generally more effective than boosting, a series mod might have a slight advantage, everything else being equal.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
The batteries in the Koopor are series, not parallel. And in any case, in a regulated mod parallel doesn't mean better battery runtime than series. In fact, as bucking is generally more effective than boosting, a series mod might have a slight advantage, everything else being equal.

a96400c00f62e25154d8f0f93fd1301b.jpg

That's funny!
All three batts in my Kooper run the same with the + at top..(not one upside down like in the RX that run series)
5c4e745b6d0dda11d785189489343899.jpg
And I do get longer run times on the batts in the Koopor vs the RX running the same .15 ohm V8-T6 (Smok Beast)
at the same 125w..lololo

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
a96400c00f62e25154d8f0f93fd1301b.jpg

That's funny!
All three batts in my Kooper run the same with the + at top..(not one upside down like in the RX that run series)
5c4e745b6d0dda11d785189489343899.jpg
And I do get longer run times on the batts in the Koopor vs the RX running the same .15 ohm V8-T6 (Smok Beast)
at the same 125w..lololo

Check the DJlsb review, the batteries are in series. You can't determine it without checking how the device is actually wired. A super-high wattage device such as the Koopor in parallel would be a bad design. The batteries would need to be boosted really high, which would be really inefficient. If the batteries last longer in the Koopor that's due to something else.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Check the DJlsb review, the batteries are in series. You can't determine it without checking how the device is actually wired. A super-high wattage device such as the Koopor in parallel would be a bad design. The batteries would need to be boosted really high, which would be really inefficient. If the batteries last longer in the Koopor that's due to something else.

Smok states it's a triple parallel mod
ef679dd7b0436cbf889d5f412a1f6aa8.jpg
And that's good enough for me..And I absolutely love this mod, without watching a review... I know firsthand how well it performs without further ado, lol

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

For example, 200w on a .5Ω coil requires 10 volts from the batteries. A ridiculously high boost from even fully charged parallel batteries (not sure if that's even feasible). In a three-battery series setup the batteries would be almost empty before even a tiny bit of boosting would be required. Clearly a lot less tough on the batteries.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
For example, 200w on a .5Ω coil requires 10 volts from the batteries. A ridiculously high boost from even fully charged parallel batteries (not sure if that's even feasible). In a three-battery series setup the batteries would be almost empty before even a tiny bit of boosting would be required. Clearly a lot less tough on the batteries.

What makes you think I care?
Besides, we sort'a highjacked this thread...time to get back on topic, least it is for me...

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Smok states it's a triple parallel mod
ef679dd7b0436cbf889d5f412a1f6aa8.jpg
And that's good enough for me..And I absolutely love this mod, without watching a review... I know firsthand how well it performs without further ado, lol

You do realize that's not Smok's site, right? The Koopor site says nothing about series or parallel.

And regarding you caring or not, seeing as you take the time to respond clearly you do. I don't care about the device itself, but I do care quite a lot about correcting erroneous information. If you're done with that, I'm done with this discussion as well.

Last edited:

ooyzvape

Oct 3, 2016
can I ask question?how is the RX 2/3 doing right now after months of use,does it still good or the problem on it get worst?I'm looking for a dual mod RX 2/3 is my first on the list but from some articles in the internet I read that they have some problems like 510 connector,battery check problems,check atomizer/not firing,and even suddenly stop working after months of use..those makes me think twice before buying it..
so what do you think guys,should I take RX 2/3 or the Hpriv which is the second of my list.
sorry if this is become out of topic.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I use it daily and I have been using it for months. I did the firmware update to 4.1 but noticed that battery life had decreased so I rolled it back to 4.0. I saw another user post in a thread about a decrease in battery life also so that was the reason I chose to roll it back. With this update it increases display time so that could account for it.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The 2/3 is intriguing but needing to use different sets of batteries not would be a problem since I have both 2 and 3 cell MOD's with matched/married sets of batteries. Looking at some of the videos I wasn't too fond of the rear cover but without having it in my hands it is not first hand experience. Also remember my opinion reflects the RX200S which many who did not own one criticized the 510 but they were referring to the RX200 which supposedly had a problem. Now since I never owned a RX200 I can't honestly offer an opinion on that one.

ooyzvape

Oct 3, 2016
I have 2 married batteries only but I'll buy another 3 batteries to married in case I need 3 batteries mode,right now 2 batteries still enough for my need. In his video Daniel DJlsb said that it was the same 510 from joyetech/wismec he doesn't mention if it was the same with 200 or 200s,but you're right some complaints that I've read about 510 or any other problems about the mod is the 200,some are also 2/3,but some said they 200 or 2/3 just working fine. maybe just a bad QC?
I appreciate your opinion sir,thank you for that.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
No problem at all! When I can help by offering my first hand personal opinion I am glad to be of help. Just one thing the RX200S does not have adjustable wattage in TC mode so it fires at 200 Watts. The TC works great and I can even get a nice cool vape with it cranked up to 500°F. Not sure if the 2/3 works the same way but I am very happy with the TC functionality!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I don't have any issues with the 510 pin on mine unlike my istick 200's that have gapping issues with numerous tanks.

No problem at all! When I can help by offering my first hand personal opinion I am glad to be of help. Just one thing the RX200S does not have adjustable wattage in TC mode so it fires at 200 Watts. The TC works great and I can even get a nice cool vape with it cranked up to 500°F. Not sure if the 2/3 works the same way but I am very happy with the TC functionality!
The RX200s and RX2/3 can both adjust wattage in TC mode. Triple click the fire button, use the left/down button to move down to the watts portion of the screen then use the up button to scroll above 200 watts and back to 1 watt then you can adjust up/down to dial in your max watts for tc mode.

The new firmware also has a preheat function for VW mode. I own multiples of both RX200s and RX2/3. The RX2/3 in dual battery mode gets the most use due to it's form factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread