RX200 weak battery at half charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

srg2692

Verified Member
May 5, 2016
I recently bought an RX200 from elementvape.com and I haven't been able to use it at high wattages because I'm getting a "weak battery" warning at half to three quarter charge depending on the wattage I'm running. I can push 120 down to about a quarter charge, 150 down to a little over half, and at 200 I start to get the warning almost immediately. I bought three brand new HG2s for it, charge them in an external charger, and rotate them regularly during use. It doesn't discharge the batteries perfectly evenly but the difference isn't enormous. .07 volts is the largest difference I've noticed so far. Basically I'm trying to determine if there's a problem with the batteries, the box, or if that's just normal for running it at high wattages. A Google search didn't turn up much, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

srg2692

Verified Member
May 5, 2016
I think that's the problem. I didn't realize that counterfeit batteries were so rampant. Based on a little bit of light reading it seems as if it's almost impossible to be certain that any battery purchased from anywhere will be authentic. I'm sure I'm just in a negative mindframe, researching this has been a pretty depressing experience. Could anyone recommend a fairly reliable place to order some HG2s or VTC4s? I'd like to get my hands on some good 30a draw batteries, but the VTC4s seem to be difficult to come by based on what I've read, and the other 30a batteries I've seen have a low mah rating.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
here is an analogy..

Imagine a glass of water with a sponge stuffed in it and a straw is at the bottom of the glass,
if you suck on the straw slowly ( low watts) the water drains from the sponge and you get a continious flow of water.
But if you suck on the straw hard ( high watts), the water drains from the glass and then you get air since the sponge isnt releasing water as fast or faster than what you sucked out of the glass thru the straw....

Reactions: sorrynomore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread