RX200S amp reading/cutoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I thought I posted a thread about this here but now I don't remember and can't find it anywhere. So....

I noticed the newer RX200S has an amp reading on the display. In theory that's nice, but does anyone know the cutoff?

The Cuboid cuts off at 25A which is really annoying and unnecessarily low, at least as far as I understand it with how regulated mods work. Maybe I'm wrong and it's where it should be, but either way it's a problem.

I use both regulated and mechs and I like to get an atomizer working on a regulated before I even put it on a mech. My builds for mechs are usually very low, but not so low they can't be fired on most modern, high powered regulated devices. My RX200 will take anything I want to put on my mech. The cuboid won't.

So, I just don't want to get a 200S and find the same thing.

Can anyone tell me: If I try to put a .12 atomizer on a RX200S (for example), will it limit me to 3V (!!!!) like the Cuboid does?

I only use parallel mechs and understand how to keep myself safe with supersubohming; there is no need for battery-safety spiels here except for posterity. Or, you know, if you just can't stop yourself.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Here is the range for the RX200 and the DNA200. I haven't seen any for the RX200S, but I won't be surprised if it is the same.

pwDIkWI.png

Courtesy of @VapingBad

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Great, thanks @BillW50! Definitely helpful. I have an RX200 so if it's the same it's no problem. Just want to be certain before I spend the money. I don't believe it can fire below .1 in power mode but otherwise that all seems correct. I have had no issues with it, at least not the same as the cuboid with that cutoff.

Reactions: BillW50

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just got my RX200s yesterday. I charged up my brand new triple set of Sony VTC4's in the LUC 4 charger and started vaping about 6pm. Went to bed around midnight and vaped about 3 hours this morning. Right now, the battery is showing about 1/4 left on the display.

I was disappointed with my dual 18650 Smok Koopor Plus 200W and it would go from morning one day until supper the next. I expected a little better from the RX200S.

I guess it's going to take a few charge-discharge cycles to get the new Sony batts up to full power capacity.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My two Reuleaux RX200 I can only vape about 14ml of juice before recharging. My five HCigar VT133 I can vape 15ml per charge (2x18650). And my two Reuleaux DNA200 and two Triade mods (3x18650) I can vape over 21ml per charge. Those are with Samsung 25r 18650s.

I'm at somewhere around 9ml in two Kayfun tanks at 8W on the first battery charge. Right now, it's down to a little less than 1/4 battery left. I'm a Tootle Puffer. If someone vapes at 100W or over I'd like to see their battery life for comparison. If 8W gets me through 8 hours down to 3.6v I"m thinking they better carry some batteries in a little plastic case in the glove box.

ETA: I stuck them in the LUC4 charger and they read 3.6v, so cutoff is probably 3.2v or 3.4v.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I'm at somewhere around 9ml in two Kayfun tanks at 8W on the first battery charge. Right now, it's down to a little less than 1/4 battery left. I'm a Tootle Puffer.
Me too most of the time. Subtanks and Crowns using the RBAs I run between 8 to 10 watts. With TC, they are using set to 20 watts, but the wattages usually holds in the same range. Using my RDAs and RTAs with Ni200 Claptons, they are set to 50 watts on TC, but hovers around 16 to 19 watts.

Reactions: DaveP

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Just got my RX200s yesterday. I charged up my brand new triple set of Sony VTC4's in the LUC 4 charger and started vaping about 6pm. Went to bed around midnight and vaped about 3 hours this morning. Right now, the battery is showing about 1/4 left on the display.

I was disappointed with my dual 18650 Smok Koopor Plus 200W and it would go from morning one day until supper the next. I expected a little better from the RX200S.

I guess it's going to take a few charge-discharge cycles to get the new Sony batts up to full power capacity.
Funny you bring this up, I'm having the same issue! I bought a new Eleaf Istick 200w and three LG He2's (I think, the 3000mah tootsie rolls?) and at 14w I'm only getting a day and half out of it. My Pico, with Vct5's (I do know those) runs at least that long, if not longer, set the same way? I was really expecting to get several days from this set up, that's the sole reason I bought it! Like you, I'm hoping some cycles will prolong that run time.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Funny you bring this up, I'm having the same issue! I bought a new Eleaf Istick 200w and three LG He2's (I think, the 3000mah tootsie rolls?) and at 14w I'm only getting a day and half out of it. My Pico, with Vct5's (I do know those) runs at least that long, if not longer, set the same way? I was really expecting to get several days from this set up, that's the sole reason I bought it! Like you, I'm hoping some cycles will prolong that run time.[/QUOTE

The electronics must consume more power than we think, even at low watt vaping levels. I'd like to think that the buck/boost circuitry is more efficient than to just throw away power.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The electronics must consume more power than we think, even at low watt vaping levels. I'd like to think that the buck/boost circuitry is more efficient than to just throw away power.
I figured the efficiency of a DNA200 which is claimed to be 97% typical. But that must be at 200 watts. Because firing at 10 watts I am measuring about 71.4%. As firing at 10 watts, the battery draw is at 14 watts. So lighting up the screen, powering the CPU, ROM, RAM, etc. must be using 4 watts or less.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
No, it's limited to 75 with the single battery, but most reviewers say it's the same guts on the two boards.
Well the same board having two or more modes, I would assume the efficiency would also be different using the same circuits. The DNA200 has this too. There is the three cell (DNA200 mode) and the two cell (DNA133 mode) modes.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
But if effacy is going, I'd lean more towards the lower system fading, less power, more heat, more work done, but I'm seeing the opposite here.
I have a friend with an R200, DNA version, he's getting 3-4 days between charges.
I can't see there being that much loss in effacy to use three times the power in the same amount of time with the same load. That's around 23% effacy?

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
I thought I posted a thread about this here but now I don't remember and can't find it anywhere. So....

I noticed the newer RX200S has an amp reading on the display. In theory that's nice, but does anyone know the cutoff?

The Cuboid cuts off at 25A which is really annoying and unnecessarily low, at least as far as I understand it with how regulated mods work. Maybe I'm wrong and it's where it should be, but either way it's a problem.

I use both regulated and mechs and I like to get an atomizer working on a regulated before I even put it on a mech. My builds for mechs are usually very low, but not so low they can't be fired on most modern, high powered regulated devices. My RX200 will take anything I want to put on my mech. The cuboid won't.

So, I just don't want to get a 200S and find the same thing.

Can anyone tell me: If I try to put a .12 atomizer on a RX200S (for example), will it limit me to 3V (!!!!) like the Cuboid does?

I only use parallel mechs and understand how to keep myself safe with supersubohming; there is no need for battery-safety spiels here except for posterity. Or, you know, if you just can't stop yourself.
I have the RX200S and my amp reading while using LG HB4s goes to 25/26 sometimes. Possible more when I vape near 200W. .1ohm VW mode resistance and .5ohm (think so) for TC coils is what the max is for the device.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought Sony VTC4's for the RX200S since they work well in the Koopor 200W. Apparently, it's more about MAH than CDR ratings in this mod if you vape at lower power settings. I'm going to order three LG HG2's for the RX200S. The 3000mah/20ACDR rating should give me more vape time in the RX200S. I'm vaping at 10W/2.1A on the RX200S display.

On the VTC4's in the RX200S, I started vaping on the VCT4's last night about suppertime and it's almost lunch the next day and I still have 36% showing on the display. The third charge cycle seems to have increased the life. My Xtar VC4 charger showed capacity at 2060mah after the last charge. They are almost up to the 2100mah rating.

I changed the display on the RX200S from the thermometer to the percentage display to see the exact battery usage. It's hard to tell from the thermometer how much is actually left.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm noticing the same on my Istick 200w, the third charge seems to have woken them up, I'm over two days now and still showing almost 75% charge. As per you posts in other threads, I have the LG HG2's in this mod, I bought them, and it, specific oh for vacations and long trips to get the run time. Hopefully a couple more cycles and we can start to see those run times?

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
I bought Sony VTC4's for the RX200S since they work well in the Koopor 200W. Apparently, it's more about MAH than CDR ratings in this mod. I'm going to order three LG HG2's for the RX200S. The 3000mah/20ACDR rating should give me more vape time in the RX200S. I'm vaping at 2.1A on the RX200S display.

On the VTC4's in the RX200S, I started vaping on the VCT4's last night about suppertime and it's almost lunch the next day and I still have 36% showing on the display. The third charge cycle seems to have increased the life. My Xtar VC4 charger showed capacity at 2060mah after the last charge. They are almost up to the 2100mah rating.

I changed the display on the RX200S from the thermometer to the percentage display to see the exact battery usage. It's hard to tell from the thermometer how much is actually left.
Yes, the battery life is about the same as a dual 18650 reg. box mod with the ones we use to power it. It's slightly off, could be reading that there's more OR less of battery life left in the top right corner AND by the voltage readout on screen. But I would just try to guess and get to know when it's time for your batteries to be swapped out for charging. It's not the 1" OLED screen because stealth mode has zero affect on the issue. I bought the RX200S for the 250W it can pump out if any reason I would use it one day. I'm switching mods all day. Now I'm on a DNA 200 mod wih a TFV4 that is loaded with the old school TF-T3 .2ohm Kanthal triple coils. haha. Can't wait for my TFV8 to arrive for use on the RX200S with LG HB6s just because. Or I can use my DNA mod but If I don't need more than 150W I can use mostly any of my mods.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm noticing the same on my Istick 200w, the third charge seems to have woken them up, I'm over two days now and still showing almost 75% charge. As per you posts in other threads, I have the LG HG2's in this mod, I bought them, and it, specific oh for vacations and long trips to get the run time. Hopefully a couple more cycles and we can start to see those run times?

I counted up the vaping hours on the last charge. It's about 16 hours and the battery indicator shows 16% left. I'm going to let it go to shutdown and that will probably be about 20 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread