RX200S amp reading/cutoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You'd think that it would be easy to tell a fake 18650 from the real thing. Not so, according to the inspection and testing process in the article below. This is pretty fascinating and deserves a read all the way to the bottom. Most of us wouldn't notice a fake if it came from a vendor unless it had really different performance characteristics than a real one of the same manufacturer and type.

Can you identify the fake LG HG2 18650 Battery?

Can you identify the fake LG HG2 18650 Battery?
4-hg2-1-fake.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The LG HG2's are doing better than the VTC4's even after one charge. I started vaping this morning about 7:30 and switched over to an istick TC 40W about 11:30 because I needed something for pocket carry to do some things around the house. After vaping for 3 or 4 hours the HG2's are showing 86% left on the battery display. I have it set to show percentages just because it's easier to tell actual battery usage than the thermometer.

It's likely that I'll get more vape time from the HG2 with the 3000mah capacity vs the 2100mah Sonys. We'll see.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Well, logically you should...

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Yeah, the VTC4's are better at providing safer high amp vapes with the 30A CDR and the HG2's are more capable of providing pulsed current draw for a lengthier period with a 3000ma rating. I"m seeing some increase even after the first charge. As they become conditioned over several charges that should begin to make a difference.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yeah, the VTC4's are better at providing safer high amp vapes with the 30A CDR and the HG2's are more capable of providing pulsed current draw for a lengthier period with a 3000ma rating. I"m seeing some increase even after the first charge. As they become conditioned over several charges that should begin to make a difference.
The vtc4 isn't a 30 amp battery. 23 amps I believe, according to Mooch's tests - if I remember correctly...

Reactions: DaveP

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
LG HD4 orange-yellowish colored newly released 18650 Mooch rated it at 25-26 amps continuous and 2100mAh. Using those in a Wismec Reuleaux RX200S with two if three cell running parallel while the front tip of triangle shape battery insert hatch is just running on its own. So it should be 4200Mah and the cells are about the same or slightly longer lasting power when compared to a Sony VTC4. A Koopor Primus which is my favorite and it's new to the market, runs all three in parallel so you can have 260W for most of the battery life with a total of 6300amps. I wouldn't use the highest wattage that a TFV8 Cloud Beast V8-T8 coil can handle but it shouldn't need more than 160W for your ideal hit. HB4s are the best HB in that LG series of 30amp cells with long lasting power but only 1500-1600mAH with 4800mAH in the Primus. I love the Primus

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
The LG HG2's are doing better than the VTC4's even after one charge. I started vaping this morning about 7:30 and switched over to an iStick TC 40W about 11:30 because I needed something for pocket carry to do some things around the house. After vaping for 3 or 4 hours the HG2's are showing 86% left on the battery display. I have it set to show percentages just because it's easier to tell actual battery usage than the thermometer.

It's likely that I'll get more vape time from the HG2 with the 3000mah capacity vs the 2100mah Sonys. We'll see.
HG2s are not enough for 300W Koopor Primus level devices. That's what I'm about now. 2100mAHx3 since the cells run parallel in that mod, I get 6300mAH approx. when I use my planned designated HD4 25amp batteries ordered yesterday. If I use HB4s I get 4800mAH and that's days worth for me. I smoke cigars and can't vape outdoors it ruins the clouds. I have a full humidor of Honduran and Nicaraguan top shelf stogies that are small enough to substitute cigarettes by Philip Morris. At least their natural and even though bad for your mouth cells, not for inhaling. I love them it's bad. I gotta cut back. I'm outside all day working and even typing on my laptop since I'm an electronics salesman that works from home. I'm constantly busy then totally not busy.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
LG HD4 orange-yellowish colored newly released 18650 Mooch rated it at 25-26 amps continuous and 2100mAh. Using those in a Wismec Reuleaux RX200S with two if three cell running parallel while the front tip of triangle shape battery insert hatch is just running on its own. So it should be 4200Mah and the cells are about the same or slightly longer lasting power when compared to a Sony VTC4. A Koopor Primus which is my favorite and it's new to the market, runs all three in parallel so you can have 260W for most of the battery life with a total of 6300amps. I wouldn't use the highest wattage that a TFV8 Cloud Beast V8-T8 coil can handle but it shouldn't need more than 160W for your ideal hit. HB4s are the best HB in that LG series of 30amp cells with long lasting power but only 1500-1600mAH with 4800mAH in the Primus. I love the Primus
Both the rx200s and the Primus are series mods. Most multiple battery regulated mods are.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Both the rx200s and the Primus are series mods. Most multiple battery regulated mods are.

I still wonder why the RX200S always reads the center battery at less voltage than the other two. It's always a tenth or more lower than the back two. Every time I've taken the reading on the display and then read them with my DVM the voltages are exactly the same on the DVM with the same n.nn hundredths accuracy.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I still wonder why the RX200S always reads the center battery at less voltage than the other two. It's always a tenth or more lower than the back two. Every time I've taken the reading on the display and then read them with my DVM the voltages are exactly the same on the DVM with the same n.nn hundredths accuracy.
The rx (and other joyetech/wismec/eleaf mods) simply doesn't display the voltages very accurately.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Here is the range for the RX200 and the DNA200. I haven't seen any for the RX200S, but I won't be surprised if it is the same.

pwDIkWI.png

Courtesy of @VapingBad

This is not relevant to the rx200/s. The chart is comparing a dna200 3 cell vs 2 cell. Unless you meant to post something else.

The rx200 and rx200s will not fire under .1 in wattage mode. And will not fire under .05 in tc mode.

I have a kanthal build that was ohming at .9 and rx200 would not fire it. But now it's ohming at .1. I will throw it on my rx200s and see if it fires. And keep raising the wattage and see what happens. Wouldn't doubt it can fire a .1 coil at 250w.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
This is not relevant to the rx200/s. The chart is comparing a dna200 3 cell vs 2 cell. Unless you meant to post something else.

The rx200 and rx200s will not fire under .1 in wattage mode. And will not fire under .05 in tc mode.

I have a kanthal build that was ohming at .9 and rx200 would not fire it. But now it's ohming at .1. I will throw it on my rx200s and see if it fires. And keep raising the wattage and see what happens. Wouldn't doubt it can fire a .1 coil at 250w.
That chart is nothing more than ohms law using 50A max and 9v max as outputs created by VapingBad. It has nothing otherwise to do with the DNAs. And the Reuleaux RX200 and RX200S also specs out at 50A and 9v. So the chart still applies.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
That chart is nothing more than ohms law using 50A max and 9v max as outputs created by VapingBad. It has nothing otherwise to do with the DNAs. And the Reuleaux RX200 and RX200S also specs out at 50A and 9v. So the chart still applies.

But the chart does not apply. Better off just saying the rx200 is 9v 50amp mod. And post a link to ohms law. Chart shows nothing relevant to this thread and misleading stating that those ohm ranges apply to the rx200. Also the rx200 is a 250 watt mod, does not take 2 batteries, and does not fire in any of the ranges you posted. Not a single one. Not a big deal, but not sure why that was posted.

Anyways, .1 kanthal build, 250w. 5v 42.4 amps. Have a sub .1 ss316 build somewhere around here. But gonna build a .5 build and see if 50amps are possible.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
But the chart does not apply. Better off just saying the rx200 is 9v 50amp mod. And post a link to ohms law. Chart shows nothing relevant to this thread and misleading stating that those ohm ranges apply to the rx200. Also the rx200 is a 250 watt mod, does not take 2 batteries, and does not fire in any of the ranges you posted. Not a single one. Not a big deal, but not sure why that was posted.

Anyways, .1 kanthal build, 250w. 5v 42.4 amps. Have a sub .1 ss316 build somewhere around here. But gonna build a .5 build and see if 50amps are possible.
If not a single one applies to the RX200, then the RX200 can't possibly be a 200 watt, 9v, 50A mod! Because the chart applies to any 200 watt, 9v, 50A mod. Are you saying that Wismec lies? Is that what you are saying? And where do you find these RX200 mods that are 250 watts? I can't find any. You can update your 200 watt to 250 watt by firmware though. But you can't buy a 250 watt Wismec RX200. And if you don't have a Mac or a PC and an Internet connection, you have to buy those too.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
If not a single one applies to the RX200, then the RX200 can't possibly be a 200 watt, 9v, 50A mod! Because the chart applies to any 200 watt, 9v, 50A mod. Are you saying that Wismec lies? Is that what you are saying? And where do you find these RX200 mods that are 250 watts? I can't find any. You can update your 200 watt to 250 watt by firmware though. But you can't buy a 250 watt Wismec RX200. And if you don't have a Mac or a PC and an Internet connection, you have to buy those too.

You're hilarious since now you are starting to talk nonsense.

I was simply correcting you because what you posted is not correct. The OP asked "what is the cutoff for the rx200". The correct answer is the rx200 is "rated" as a 50 amp mod.

Your reply was -

Here is the range for the RX200 and the DNA200. I haven't seen any for the RX200S, but I won't be surprised if it is the same.

Though, none of those ranges apply to the rx200. The 9v 50amp may apply, but the resistance "ranges" do no apply. The 10 watt range, all the way to the 200 watt range.

And just want to make sure people don't look at that and think those ranges apply as the rx200 has completely different min/max resistance that it will fire at when compared to the dna200.

Also, like I said the rx200 is really a 250 watt mod. I don't own a single windows or Mac workstation, but was able to update my firmware within a few hours of getting it.

Don't post wrong information. Because I will surely correct you.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Don't post wrong information. Because I will surely correct you.
The RX200 can't run at 200 watts at 9v at 50A? And it can't operate:

Resistance range:
0.05-1.5ohm for TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS mode
0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode

Why can't it? This was taken from Wismec's own website.

Where is that chart? Here it is.

27Wo7Ao.png

Though, none of those ranges apply to the rx200. The 9v 50amp may apply, but the resistance "ranges" do no apply. The 10 watt range, all the way to the 200 watt range.
Why are you lying??? Everything in the black boxes still applies to the RX200 and falls within Wismec's own specs from their website. And I wouldn't doubt for a second that the RX200 will still fire below 0.05 in TC. So that covers more of the chart. Many mods will fire below their rating. I have a lot of mods that will.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Why are you lying??? Everything in the black boxes still applies to the RX200 and falls within Wismec's own specs from their website. And I wouldn't doubt for a second that the RX200 will still fire below 0.05 in TC. So that covers more of the chart. Many mods will fire below their rating. I have a lot of mods that will.
And the chart only shows the min and max from 9v or 50A. The resistance range to fall into that range is listed. If you want to claim: "No any range outside of the specs is wrong". I figure that was a given. But for a simpleton, okay change the chart to anything below 0.05 (or 0.10 for wattage) as 0.05 (or 0.10) and everything higher than 1.5 ohm (TC) to 1.5 (or 3.5 for wattage). That still gives you the resistance range you need to be to reach that wattage. That is all that chart is meant to say.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Lol. This is my last reply in here. You're changing colors even.

Yes, I said the rx200 will not fire under .1 in power mode. I can confirm. The resistance ranges you posted for the rx200/s are 100% correct.

The question was is what is the max amp / cut off for the rx200. A .1 coil at 250w 5v shows 50a by ohms law. Yesterday the RX showed 42.4? Those are with lg batteries. Just tried a fresh vtc5 trio with less cycles and 45.2. Appears it will just hit what the batteries can if the amp draw will be higher and it's in the firing range.

A .05 coil is 100amp. No 18650 is capable, so it would just drop the wattage. Though at 250w you wouldn't get too far with temp control.

I generally vape around a quarter so don't care about this. Just saw you posting a dna200 chart in an rx200 thread and said hey!! That chart doesnt belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread