Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Heylo!

So I just got some tobacco Absolute in today which is great, because now I can finally attempt an RY4 style juice! Here is what I have come up with so far:

Zelda SkyWhy4
Caramel Original - TFA - 7%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - TFA - 4%
Sweet Cream - Capella - 4%
Vanilla Custard V1 - Capella - 3%
tobacco Absolute** - ECX - 3%
Ethyl Maltol - ECX - 3%
Sweetener - 2%
Vanillin 10% - TFA - 1%

Note: The Tobacco Absolute is the TA from ECigExpress (ECX). It is 50% TA apparently diluted in 190 proof alcohol or something. So, I took this and mixed it at 20% with PG (3mL TA + 12mL PG). This really created a 10% solution since it was already diluted at 50%. I took this new 10% solution and used it at 3% in the recipe. Hopefully this makes sense. This is why the ** appear by the TA. I wanted to detail what TA I used and its potency.

The TA is definitely present, but not overpowering.

Edit: The TA is actually a bit strong, but someone who enjoys TA would like this! Next time I'm going to cut the TA to 1.5% or 1%. For now, I'll let it age and maybe that will tone the TA down a bit.

Now, after mixing it, it has a strong vanilla smell, but the caramel comes through really well when it's vaped.

If anything, next time I would lower the VBIC to 3% just to tone down the vanilla a little.

I find this juice really great! I think it will only get better with time as well. The only RY4 style vape I've had is Nicotickets 'The Virus.' This tastes nothing like it, it is unique lol.

So I'm calling out to RY4 lovers that DIY. Will you please try this recipe and let me know what you think? I would really appreciate it! I want input on my DIY skills so I can refine them.

Thanks for taking the time to read! As for the title, I thought it was creative lol :p I was looking around my room for things to use their name to mix RY4 with and low and behold, Zelda: Skyward Sword is what was sitting on my bed!

Vape Happy,
Cullin Kin

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Okay, so I reformatted the recipe a little bit! I toned down the TA, and upped the Vanillin. It is fantastic, and a shake and vape as well! Here is the new recipe:

Zelda: SkyWhy4
Caramel Original - TFA - 7%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - TFA - 4%
Sweet Cream - Capella - 4%
Vanilla Custard V1 - Capella - 3%
Tobacco Absolute** - ECX - 1%
Ethyl Maltol - ECX - 3%
Sweetener - 2%
Vanillin 10% - TFA - 2%

Note: The Tobacco Absolute is the TA from ECigExpress (ECX). It is 50% TA apparently diluted in 190 proof alcohol or something. So, I took this and mixed it at 20% with PG (3mL TA + 12mL PG). This really created a 10% solution since it was already diluted at 50%. I took this new 10% solution and used it at 1% in the recipe. Hopefully this makes sense. This is why the ** appear by the TA. I wanted to detail what TA I used and its potency.

I don't think I will change the recipe anymore. It is phenomenal as is! @ckquatt make sure to follow the new recipe so the TA doesn't kill you! lol I'm not sure about the MFS TA but just adjust to taste for its percentage.

Edit: It looks like the MFS TA is diluted 50% just like the ECX, so if you mix it at 20% with some more PG you will get the exact concentration I used in this recipe at 1% :)

Edit 2: I would go as far as even lowering the TA to 0.5%. It a far front flavor right now and I would prefer it to be more in the back. I've heard it mellows with time, so I'll give it a week.

@boomerdude I never did find/receive any instructions from ECX so I mixed the TA as I posted in the 'Note.' It came out really good though, just have to be careful! I will never go above 1% with it lol.

Last edited:

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
I've been playing with RY4D a lot lately.. very versatile flavoring, almost can't screw it up! gonna give your recipe a go- thanks for this!

I get TA from RTS and use 3 drops (from a 3ml dropper bottle) per 10ml. I can tell it's there, but can't at the same time. loving it.

I've found that at least 2 week steep is necessary for full rounding out.

Reactions: Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I've been playing with RY4D a lot lately.. very versatile flavoring, almost can't screw it up! gonna give your recipe a go- thanks for this!

I get TA from RTS and use 3 drops (from a 3ml dropper bottle) per 10ml. I can tell it's there, but can't at the same time. loving it.

I've found that at least 2 week steep is necessary for full rounding out.

Please let me know what you think! The TA has definitely subdued a bit and this has become a pretty delicious vape!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Pulled this out of the steep drawer today after 3 weeks. A+. I made the original recipe and can't wait to make more with the reduction in Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Used TA Virginia from Inawera.

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it! Good to finally have a review of a recipe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread