Ryanair to introduce smokeless 'cigarettes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvlninety9

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
Texas
I don't think I am right I know I am right.
Did I say the guy was worried about going out of business?
No clearly I didn't, I am not sure why you think that but I susupect it is because you struggle to comprehend the English language.
Point two, I never said I know what the guys business is so for you to
suggest I should is rather inappropiate.
He states the product 'sucks' and implies that anyone buying it is stupid however he can provide no scientific evidence to support his claim, untill he does so my comment is totally warrented and even if he could supply such evidence he is out of order because he made the claim without providing supporting evidence. Furthermore a significant number of people do want to buy the product. Are they all stupid?

So he has made an unjustified attack on someones product and hence I think I am being well within reason to question why.

Anyhow as most of your post appears to be based on an inabilty on your part to understand the English language I think that says it all really!!

Wow maybe it's YOU that should learn the English language. You have a hard time with your spelling so I could see where anyone could mistake that. Also your comment said "Worried you are going to go out of business?" That's pretty presumptuous. As in it makes it seem like you know what kind of business he runs. You talk about me understanding the English language? I laugh in your face and show you your OWN words showing that YOU don't know the English language. Pretty obvious if you can't grasp that concept.

me who

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
East Coast, Maryland
Caught this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents re: Aeros smokeless cigs.

I've been using Aeros smokeless for about 2 years. While not as much fun as e-cigs, they're really quite good for stealth "smoking".

They taste like analogs and have a nice throat hit as well. They don't call attention to you like the ecigs so you can go about your business without stupid questions or rabid non-smokers bothering you (a BIG plus).

FYI : My fave vape as of today is 24 mg. flue cured in the Copper(6V.) and the Light Vapor(5V.)so I obliously like a good strong smoke. Also use the Janty Stick(3V.)36 mg. cola while driving (less fiddly) and at PC. I still carry Aeros at all times as a fallback (no battys attys cords juice).Very simple and satisfying.

I've flown with Aeros as well and don't know what I'd do w/o them.

Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Lobro,

With respect to the Aero, how does your experience square with this excerpt?

“MORE THAN A CARTON IN EVERY PACK - 1 Aeros lasts for up to 3 days!”

I find this interesting

Aeros is made in U.S.A
WOODLEAF CORPORATION
22345 Rosecroft Cir.
Corona,
California 92883

me who

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
East Coast, Maryland
TB,

Do you feel that this excerpt from the Aero Site holds water with respect to the FDA?

“Aeros is a totally new technology and not classified as "cigarette" or "smokeless tobacco" by many legal definitions. For example; the "Jenkins Act" defines: The term ''cigarette'' means any roll for smoking --?. Aeros uses no heat and is not "for smoking". Also, Aeros does not fall within Jenkins "smokeless tobacco" definitions. However, Aeros does deliver nicotine.”

Or with this cardboard tube (i assume) be band as a new drug delivery system?

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I was looking for a picture of the Similar Smokeless Cigarette and found an ad for the Aeros! No, it is not one of those horrible e-cigs... it's a revolution! I found a video on YouTube. The claims make even the worst e-cig marketers seem reasonable. It looks like a flattened paper straw. I love the guy in the suit at the beginning. He looks like he's going to start screaming, kill everyone in the office, and light his tie on fire he's so desperate for a real cigarette. Everyone just looks so unsatisfied! Apparently, even the women can't fake it when they hold an Aeros in their hand.

YouTube - Smokeless Cigarette

If you ever see me "smoking" one of these things, just shoot me on the spot and put me out of my misery!

Anyway, here a picture of the Similar. Personally, I think the vapor play a big, big part in the satisfaction. Pretending to blow smoke is like pretending to be satisfied. A co-worker and I were vaping away in the car just today and marveling at it. I'd just cleaned my atty and the 510 did not disappoint...

similar%20smokeless%20cigarettes.sflb

--Prof Daffy
P.S. I love to Google!
P.P.S. Direct from their website: Aeros IS NOT an E-Cigarette, there are no batteries or dangerous ’glycerin’ mist to inhale.
P.P.P.S. I know nothing about the Aeros except what I learned 5 minutes ago, but I've never been so unimpressed with a product in my life.

lobro1

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Chicago
I get two questions from you, me who..:)

1)Do Aeros perform as advertised?

"With respect to the Aero, how does your experience square with this excerpt?

“MORE THAN A CARTON IN EVERY PACK - 1 Aeros lasts for up to 3 days!”

It has been my experience that 1 Aeros lasts about 2 days - your mileage may vary (1 pack of Aeros = 20 tubes last me 2 - 3 weeks)

2)What is the FDA position on Aeros?

"Do you feel that this excerpt from the Aero Site holds water with respect to the FDA?

“Aeros is a totally new technology and not classified as "cigarette" or "smokeless tobacco" by many legal definitions. For example; the "Jenkins Act" defines: The term ''cigarette'' means any roll for smoking --?. Aeros uses no heat and is not "for smoking". Also, Aeros does not fall within Jenkins "smokeless tobacco" definitions. However, Aeros does deliver nicotine.”

Or with this cardboard tube (i assume) be band as a new drug delivery system?"

I have no clue about this but it would seem to me that the FDA would have to declare nicotine a controlled substance for Aeros and nic juice to be prohibited. That didn't work too well with alcohol so draw your own conclusion.:cool:

BTW Aeros tubes are plastic.

Hope this helps....

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The kind of people who would jump feet first on the Aeros and Smokeless models are no different than those who jump on electronic cigarettes without any knowledge beyond "they look like cigarettes."

Closed minds.

Our alternative needs all the help it can get. If new products come to market, embrace testing of them. I'll hold any judgment until Deewal gives a report on a real product, instead of relying on the instant judgmental negativity of some here.

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
They look awfully like Nicorette stylee things. Just not as tampon-applicator-like in appearance. Their test results also show, I think, a nicotine yield of approximately 1/20th that of a conventional cigarette.

Had it not been for the "dangerous glycerine mist" thing, I may have been tempted to give them a go - but that just looks like scare-tactics marketing, something to which I do not respond.

Hi all.

Just wanted to post a quick message here as regards the "smokeless" cigarettes sold on Ryanair flights. They are not referring to them as "smokeless" because they produce a vapour, they are calling them "smokeless" because that is their brand name. They are called "SIMILAR Smokeless cigarettes" and they are NOT ELECTRIC. There is a lot of misleading information out there that I have seen. They are not good either, which is why they are only 6 Euros per pack of 10. Can you imagine if they sold e-cigs? They'd be selling them at 80 - 100 Euros or something, let's face it!

I bought a packet a month ago on a Ryanair flight from Lithuania to the UK. The Similar Smokeless Cigarette is basically a stick, the size and shape of a standard straight cigarette with nicotine coated on the inside. You hold it to your mouth, you drag, you inhale nicotine using the air around you and exhale the air around you; no throat hit, no smoke, no vapour, no nothing...except transparent, invisible carbon dioxide and a slight after-taste of wet cardboard! If you're looking for a cigarette on these flights that is the same as the e-cig, you're going to be royally disappointed because you're not going to find one - these just DON'T cut it!

I was not a heavy smoker when I smoked (rolled my own Golden Virginia), now I am a moderate to heavy vapourer and if you're looking for a throat hit, smoke/vapour to exhale and a great taste, whatever's your preference, pray to God e-cigs are allowed on your flight, but don't waste your money on Similar Smokeless Cigarettes; I did and I could have put that 6 Euros towards buying more e-liquid! Dammit!

Additionally, I am heading back to Lithuania next week for Christmas and I am taking my e-cig (DSE901) with me, so I shall let you know whether I am permitted to vape or not as soon as I get my hands on my girlfriend’s laptop! Watch this space!

Are electronic nicotine inhalers allowed on Ryanair? No! Well, I can only inform you of what happened on my particular journey.

As is standard on Ryanair flights, electronic items may not be used on take off and landing, but once airborne, you're good to go with most electronic items. So, once airborne, I asked a friendly looking stewardess,
"Electronic nicotine inhalers are permitted on Ryanair flight, aren't they?" her eyes widened and she looked like a deer caught in the headlights, so she said,
"Sorry, can you repeat that, please?". I did and then produced my DSE901 from my pocket. As soon as she saw it she immediately said,
"Oh, no! We do not allow these. Follow me and I shall show you what you can buy to use on this flight." I knew where this was going and sure enough, out came the "SMOKELESS" Similar cigarette. Dammit! At this point one of the male stewards had joined in explaining the flavours of the Similar cigarette. I listened politely, even though I was never going to buy one...again!

In a friendly way, I smiled when I looked at the packet of Similar cigarettes and said,
"It is interesting that these (Similar) are allowed and these (DSE901) are not as the electric ones are just as harmless, the only difference being these (DSE901) produce a water vapour". I produced a card that had come with a purchase from e-cigs.co.uk, explaining the smoking ban law on one side and advertising their harmlessness on the other, but to no avail; I got an unrelenting,
"I'm sorry" from the air stewardess and a confirming,
"Sorry" from the air steward.

As it happens, I am not desperately addicted, so can survive a three hour flight no problem, but it is frustrating that these harmless electronic nicotine inhalers are so feared by those who know so little about them and will refuse their use when they are no more harmful than another product that is actually being sold!

Additional.
I asked one pub manager if I was allowed to vape in his premises. He knew all about electronic nicotine inhalers and said,
"Well, it's that fine line isn't it? If I allow you to use that in here, it will look like someone is smoking in my pub, won't it?
"Yes, but I won't be - I will be vaping" I calmly corrected.
"...And all the people who look like they are smoking, go out the back to the smoking area" Which is where I had to go if I wanted to vape. If that had been someone needing their nicotine, who had deliberately moved off smoking cigarettes to a healthier alternative so as not to breath in smoke, they would have had to get it whilst breathing in other people's second hand smoke, which has been proven to be more harmful that smoking cigarettes yourself! Morally corrupt on that one, I think!

Role on the time when everyone knows about these inhalers and supports them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread