S-Body Bottom Feeder - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Hello! Has this bottom feeder been discussed yet? It's not as fancy as the Greyscano but it's a cute little bugger, almost looks gizmo-sized? I haven't seen a review of it and have no idea how durable a 'zinc alloy' body will be ? buy or pass? And does anyone know anything about the atomizer? thanks in advance !

S-body Style Variable Wattage Box Mod Sliver

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
ok, so I found out more about this little thing, aka "Firebox Squonker II" here: 18650 Firebox Squonker II - Variable Voltage Mods - PV Parts/Mods

but I also found this conversation, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...66-cigaverte-firebox-review.html#post13198921, where it is said that the s-body is made by S-Cig, who also makes the Vaporshark and that it may have a YiHi chip. One of the posters wonders if a SX350 can be retrofitted - and now I'm wondering, too, so I ordered one.

Should arrive Monday from Fremont, CA.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
As a BIG fan of bottom feeders, I try to read everything I can about them. I have not seen an objective negative review. These look to be a decent choice for an entry level bottom feeder. The limiting factor for me is they do not seem to fire at the lower resistance I prefer. This lower limit of 1.5 ohms may be due to the fact they are designed to use a ten amp battery.

I would go for the version two with the rubberized black finish if I decided to buy one.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
ok, so I found out more about this little thing, aka "Firebox Squonker II" here: 18650 Firebox Squonker II - Variable Voltage Mods - PV Parts/Mods

but I also found this conversation, Cigaverte Firebox review | E-Cigarette Forum, where it is said that the S-body is made by S-Cig, who also makes the Vaporshark and that it may have a YiHi chip. One of the posters wonders if a SX350 can be retrofitted - and now I'm wondering, too, so I ordered one.

Should arrive Monday from Fremont, CA.

Did you get this? Do you have a review?

Thinking about Birthday Gift for the Wife.

bullhcr

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Oslo, Norway
I have it and I don't like it. It is very heavy. Only 15 Watts. The firing button is uncomfortable. Had a hard time making good contact between the included atomizer and the 510.

I bought the Smokless Owl at the same time. It is even cheaper but works very well. Put some carbon wraps on it so it looks half decent. Of the two it is the Owl that convinced me that squonking will be my future way of vaping.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Ahh 15 watts? and heavy? thanks for the info that and the 510 issue unsold me.

15watts is 2x what my wife uses now. Ego1100 batt and Protank at 2-2.5ohm. Heavy is a relative term.. So as compared to what. She is going to compare it to, MY Brass Mech with a kick and Kayfun and HER vape. I figure she'll accept heavier than what she has IF it fits in the palm of her hand.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Unregulated if fine if you understand ohms law do not go to low and make your coils of the proper resistance for the tank /dripper you use. You control the watts with your coil not a button. And yes regulated is safer and easier to use but unregulated used properly is fine as well.

NOT about safety for me.. I like regulated because you get the same vape hit with every draw from charge to charge on the batt. With unregulated, the wattage is a little less with EACH draw. I vape normally at 1.5-2ohms and 8-10 watts. Using a Kick in a Mech mod. In order to replicate performance on my Mech UNREGULATED, I have to run at 1-1.3ohms, and change batteries 2-3x faster. Do to only getting good vape when the battery is ABOVE 4 volts.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I already own and love handmade mechanical squonkers and I'm anxious to try a VW device without having to lurk on Facebook, get on a waiting list or drop a few hundred dollars.

This squonker seems to fit the bill. If I like it then I'll know if I want to step up to a pricey fantastical handmade or an expensive import. I'm about ready to pull the trigger, I think - 10 ml of juice, 50 watts, comes with an atty and battery....only thing missing is temp control. Hope this will be the thread to discuss it as I make the decision and afterwards (if there is an afterwards!) .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread