Sabot DDD for the Billet Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streamlined

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Reno,NV
So I get back from testing our car at Bonneville (fastest car there, by the way, at 341 mph on a short 3 mile course) and my wife wants to know why some one is sending me a vacuum packed panty liner in the mail?!!! Took me a minute to figure out that it's a care package from our own Drunk J. Thanks a lot Jasen for the Rayon sample.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So I get back from testing our car at Bonneville (fastest car there, by the way, at 341 mph on a short 3 mile course) and my wife wants to know why some one is sending me a vacuum packed panty liner in the mail?!!! Took me a minute to figure out that it's a care package from our own Drunk J. Thanks a lot Jasen for the Rayon sample.

DJ, are you sending out panties again? I thought we agreed that you'd stop that.

Who's were they THIS time?

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA

No problem. Now if that rayon will wick as fast as that car, you're in for a hell of a vape! Otherwise you can at least use it to wipe up the sweat. At 341 mph, someone's doing some heavy sweating.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Hi all,
What is something cheap with a 510 connection I can use to test fire/dry burn my aro heads?

If you have an ARO tank, just use the base of the tank ... Though that may require the use of 510-EGO adapter, depending on what you're hooking it up to for testing or burn-in.

Alternatively, Google "Kanger ProTank Base" (which is what I use) and you should find several places selling them for under $2.00. That does not include shipping of course, so best to buy when you're stocking up on something else.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
FWIW, my testing with Rayon for wicking is still providing better results, but also still not quite the performance I'm looking to get out of them. I have some ideas that I plan to play with soon.

The stuff just ROCKS in my squonkers so pretty sure this just going to be matter of fine-tuning something in my builds.

Do wish this Rayon stuff would grow in square like the Japanese cotton pads, though. :)

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Likeing this Rayon a lot too.

Takes a bit of getting used to for me. Seems I need to use almost twice as much as I would with either cotton or hemp.

Oh, and just for old times sake, I loaded up a plain ole carto with some clean 4 Star General juice. Tasted pretty good for almost a tankful, then blah. Just not for me.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Is there a correct position for the feed slots to be in relation to the side vent of the billet box or a correct position for the connection slot?
I saw that there are solid tanks w/out the ball valve on the BB website.Are these better for feeding juice with the sabot/diver?

Would be a total pain to fill without the ball since the tube diameter varies. If you have a leaky ball, slap a piece of tape over it.

There really isn't any special way to line up the wick slots. Although for some reason I like to line em up with one of them pointed at me through the clear face plate.

One thing to watch for that came to mind since I just finished rebuilding a couple horizontals with Rayon is to take a look at the wick after it passes through the first o-ring. If the wick gets pushed up after passing through the top o-ring and created a void, just pull back a little and use the top of the tank to get the wick back down a little in the juice hole so it is filled with wick. Hope that makes sense lol.

If I get a little flooding, rather than try to vape through it, I just flick the excess few drops out through the top thermometer style. Of course you should only need to do this if it has been sitting idle for some time, or the tank is getting low on juice and you want to change or clean out the tank rather than refilling. Otherwise, there is something not quite right.

Streamlined

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Reno,NV

Attachments

• IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1330.jpg