Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Um. Before someone else makes fun of me: What the heck happened to b)?
Woops.

Looks unanimous.
Hopefully, the victim OP will return and see that it's not people vaping that is the problem, it's the couple TOTAL a$$hats she encountered that are the problem.

So:
a) It isn't smoke - but
c) Puffing it in the immediate VICINITY of someone else's child is wrong - let alone blowing AT them intentionally - that's unforgiveable
d) If you are considering "proving that it's safe" by blowing vapor somewhere people don't want to breathe your exhaust - please don't, it reflects poorly on all of us who are more considerate, and may, over time, create more places where vaping is specifically prohibited

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
yeah don't blame the product blame the idiots and unfortunately there will always be idiots out there...
they lucky it wasn't me...I would have hauled off and smacked them for vaping into my kids face.

Now I have been a smoker for a long time but never inside the house but will admit I vape indoors....even still I do it away from my children and try to limit it....

it may be safer than smoking but I wouldn't say it's safe...after all it's still got nicotine in it...that being said depending on what was being vaped how do you know that the child or any other person isn't allergic to the product/flavor? Or how do I know you ain't sick? You're saliva is mixing with the vapor and you're blowing that into my kids face.....why don't I just spit into your face and save us all the hassle :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I would image that the majority of members on this forum are using ecigs because of their health(which is great improvement over cigarettes). I congratulate you being able to quit using the patch.........

Could this be another piece of the puzzle?? Ex-smoker who quit with the patch in comparison to us poor wretches who have to vape to quit smoking.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
I like that some of these ECF Veteran's are quick to knock someone who raises a legitimate concern with the behavior of some ecig "vaprors". Try to put me down as much as you like, what happened is a fact.
Are you afraid that someone may stand up to bad ecig behaviors and not let you do as you please.

I will do as I please, thanks. I just happen to be a considerate vaper, and I don't need you to lecture me about vaping etiquette.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
What I was thinking when I joined this forum, is who is a ecig smoker going to take advise from, a non ecig smoker or a ecig smoker. It has to start in forums like this.
I really hope this never happens to us again, and I do actively look around for ecig smokers when I am in public, as to not run into this situation again.

Give me a break

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
It is not those who use it to quit smoking, it is those who use it as a loophole to smoke in public places.

Ok now you have me confused. Are you here because its wrong to blow vapor in childrens faces? or are you here because you want vaping banned in public places?

These are not the same issue at all.

ennagizer

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
South Florida, USA
Concerning the Troll comments - I agree.

There are vapers out there who are inconsiderate, just like there are inconsiderate smokers and inconsiderate people in general. However, I can't see anyone purposely blowing vapor in a childs face. Maybe the OP walked into someone's exhaled vapor and maybe it was in a place that doesn't allow smoking. That's a more likely & believeable scenario.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I like that some of these ECF Veteran's are quick to knock someone who raises a legitimate concern with the behavior of some ecig "vaprors". Try to put me down as much as you like, what happened is a fact.
Are you afraid that someone may stand up to bad ecig behaviors and not let you do as you please.

There is going to be inconsiderate behavior in any group or class of people. And I am not worried about there being a larger percentage of bad behavior by vapers than say diet coke drinkers. Most of us on ECF believe, due to the harmless nature of vapor, that vaping openly is fine but to do it respectfully.

In the 4 years I have been vaping, it is rare to see another person vaping in public, PERIOD, much less three people vaping and then intentionally blowing it in a child's face. And I live and work in an area of 15 million people.

So sorry, but this story just doesn't pass the logic and commen sense test, especially from someone who comes on here and posts for the first time. We have had more than our share of trolls on ECF.

If it did happen, it shouldn't have and is inappropriate.

cmueller88

Jun 10, 2013
USA
Ok now you have me confused. Are you here because its wrong to blow vapor in childrens faces? or are you here because you want vaping banned in public places?

These are not the same issue at all.

If you are vaping in a public place and choose to blow your vaper at children, then it is the same issue. If you can do it in a considerate fashion and are using to quit, then vape away. If you are using it to vape in public places and have no intention on quitting, then you are just using the forum to push your agenda.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

How dare you call me a "vapror?" Next thing you will be calling me a Tomnoddy or an Attercop!

You appear to be simply making up stuff. I say if there are no pictures, it didn't happen. So it really is not a fact...just something you posted on a forum.

Fact: Water has two Hydrogen atoms and one Oxygen atom.
Story that may or may not be true: Some mean vapror came up and blew vapor in me and my children's face!

See the difference?

ennagizer

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
South Florida, USA
If you are vaping in a public place and choose to blow your vaper at children, then it is the same issue. If you can do it in a considerate fashion and are using to quit, then vape away. If you are using it to vape in public places and have no intention on quitting, then you are just using the forum to push your agenda.

But, if they are vaping they are not smoking and essentially have quit smoking. Quite the conundrum.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

Oh look now we have a third issue. Quitting vaping.

I started vaping to quit smoking. I did that. I am now weaning down my nic levels. Where is the law that says when my nic levels get to zero I MUST quit vaping?

Considerate vaping is important I agree.
Banning all public vaping is something entirely different.

You know I started out giving you a big benefit of the doubt. Now I see quite clearly you are here with an anti vaping agenda and it is not at all about someone doing something despicable to your kids. I am done here. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread