Safe smoke does not give you a right to assault children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It is not those who use it to quit smoking, it is those who use it as a loophole to smoke in public places.

You've been corrected numerous times about associating 'smoking' with vaping. Can't you see we're all ex smokers who quit because they didn't want that in their lives anymore. The more you try to tie smoking to vaping the more my BS meter goes off.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
If you are vaping in a public place and choose to blow your vaper at children, then it is the same issue. If you can do it in a considerate fashion and are using to quit, then vape away. If you are using it to vape in public places and have no intention on quitting, then you are just using the forum to push your agenda.

Sounds like you're the one with the agenda.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
If you are vaping in a public place and choose to blow your vaper at children, then it is the same issue. If you can do it in a considerate fashion and are using to quit, then vape away. If you are using it to vape in public places and have no intention on quitting, then you are just using the forum to push your agenda.

Well, someone was an ... and blew vaper in your kid's face, you should address that with them. Probably the same people who blew their smoke in other people's faces.

But don't come on here and tell people they are pushing agenda because

A. They vape in places where they are allowed to
B. They don't have an intention to quit which you have apparently, through your infinite wisdom, determined is the correct course of action for them.

People are jerks all the time, being a vaper doesn't change that about someone, so joining a forum of vapers to complain about an ... is not very useful. Normal people don't blow vapor in kid's faces, or smoke for that matter.

My bs-o-meter is going off though...I call troll and soon to be banned.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

I think the "real" story is starting to show. So if we don't quit vaping is some specific time frame then we are out to push an agenda. And that agenda is to blow vaper in people's faces and be rude and inconsiderate. It's all becoming clearer, now.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

I am not using it to quit, I love vaping. I am never, ever gonna quit. There is no way you can make me quit. I am enjoying a legal product for its intended use, and all you can do is come on this forum and cry about it. We are pushing our agenda, and it is an agenda of personal liberty, and we are just starting to realize how strong we are.

Last edited:

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
Okay....maybe I read the thread wrong but am I correct in assuming that cmueller88 joined this forum to rant at e-cigs or see how the "inconsiderate half" lives on the other side of the fence? I'm so sorry this happened to you, cmueller88, but NOT ALL vapors are as inconsiderate as the people who thought it proper to wait till your child was in range so they could purposefully blow vapor in your son's face at close distance and gloat in your face. I would have shoved my own PV down that person's throat that did that to my son or to anyone else's child if I saw them do it. Such behavior from anyone (not just vapers) is not to be tolerated and I understand your anger and concern.

I like that some of these ECF Veteran's are quick to knock someone who raises a legitimate concern with the behavior of some ecig "vaprors". Try to put me down as much as you like, what happened is a fact.
Are you afraid that someone may stand up to bad ecig behaviors and not let you do as you please.
Yet you did not see that myriad of posts of vapors that AGREED to your concern and voiced their own concern as well? The veterans are just trying to determine if you are indeed a troll or not.....this forum does get a lot of them that feed threads to "report" to anti-tobacco groups, and forums such as this do get "moles" from time to time. It is rare for forums to have a brand new member's first posts be a tirade, unless it is a forum meant for teenagers.

Vapers DO stand up to bad e-cig behaviors, both inside and outside this forum. Those bad behavior people give vaping a bad name, and the vast majority of vapers are responsible, caring, upstanding citizens who are not the "vapor ogres" you seem to make us out to be.

Just as not all of us are jerkheads like the people who blew vapor in your child's face, We here at the forum do hope to not lump you in the "e-cig gestapo" category as well. You do seem like a well adjusted father to your child with a genuine concern. We hope we can eventually help you understand that the majority of us are indeed responsible. :) Peace.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I would suggest to the OP to give up on the patches, they don't work. Even when you've quit for a while, you'll go right back to smoking cigarettes whenever stress enters the picture, and it's obvious he's close to that happening. Honestly, you may want to consider giving ecigs a try, you may change your mind about "the evil vapers." For one thing you'll be much calmer.:)

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
I think the "real" story is starting to show. So if we don't quit vaping is some specific time frame then we are out to push an agenda. And that agenda is to blow vaper in people's faces and be rude and inconsiderate. It's all becoming clearer, now.

Yep, my BS-O-Meter is off the grid. Assault by vapor . . . really??? I don't believe a word of it.

cmueller88

Jun 10, 2013
USA
You've been corrected numerous times about associating 'smoking' with vaping. Can't you see we're all ex smokers who quit because they didn't want that in their lives anymore. The more you try to tie smoking to vaping the more my BS meter goes off.
Talk about BS, vaping is just another form of nicotine intake. The vaping actions are very similar to smoking actions. A substance is heated, exhaust is inhaled into the lungs, which is absorbed into the bloodstream, that goes to your brain, where the nicotine craving gets satisfied. The only difference is there is no "smoke" only "vapor". Big difference???

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Talk about BS, vaping is just another form of nicotine intake. The vaping actions are very similar to smoking actions. A substance is heated, exhaust is inhaled into the lungs, which is absorbed into the bloodstream, that goes to your brain, where the nicotine craving gets satisfied. The only difference is there is no "smoke" only "vapor". Big difference???

If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Excuse me, but I cut my nicotine every 2 weeks until it was ZERO where I've been for almost 3 weeks. Now, nothing you could do or say would convince me you're not on an anti vaping campaign.

I'm 57 years old and have participated in and administered discussion groups, chats and online forums like this one since 1988 when I was using a 9600 baud dial up modem to connect to several different Usenet servers. Over that time I've gotten pretty good at spotting the phonies...

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
Frankly I don't believe this happened, unless perhaps you're in some toothless backwoods part of the country where mother f'r means just that. If something like that happened to me I'd punch the person in the face repeatedly until someone pulled me off of them. Push your agenda elsewhere please, it's abundantly obvious you have one and if there were some intelligence along with it you'd realize the level of impossibility involved in getting one of our forum members to agree with you!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Previous to this point I had sympathy for your situation. I'd suggest you do a little DD before labeling smoking and vaping as "no smoke only vapor" defies logic. Just as those supposed vapors that were lacking in certain areas I believe I could easily lump you into that same group based on your accusatory statements.
There's a heck of a lot more stuff in analogs than just nicotine. Ex/ Cold Turkey smokers are the worst and it sounds like you're still "white knuckling it" after all these yrs.

cmueller88

Jun 10, 2013
USA
Excuse me, but I cut my nicotine every 2 weeks until it was ZERO where I've been for almost 3 weeks. Now, nothing you could do or say would convince me you're not on an anti vaping campaign.

I'm 57 years old and have participated in and administered discussion groups, chats and online forums like this one since 1988 when I was using a 9600 baud dial up modem to connect to several different Usenet servers. Over that time I've gotten pretty good at spotting the phonies...
Well then your the expert. You caught me. What a joke. What other conspiracies can you tell me of.

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA

You are correct in that it is nicotine intake. However, snus and nasal snuff provide nicotine intake as well....and many ex-smokers go to such nicotine alternatives for many reasons....such as 1) not smelling like a dank ashtray, 2) preventing family members from 2nd hand smoke 3) better cardiovascular fitness, 4) cleaner smelling clothes.......the list goes on and on. Granted, these nicotine alternatives are still carry nic, but let's not forget that cigarette smoke carries chemicals, carcinogens and other ugly nasty junk other than nicotine. Many quit smoking so as to not continue taking in the carcinogens and chemicals yet still enjoy the lift of nicotine. Studies have hinted that its not only the nicotine that our body craves to feel normal, but rather the other carcinogenic junk as well.

So us vapers, snusers, nasal snuff takers, are just getting nicotine and trying to purge the nasty tars and junk out. I'm finally coughing up junk that I'm shocked was in my lungs. Its only been a month for me tar and carcinogen free,because of vaping, and I have no regrets especially since my athletic ability has improved greatly....makes me wonder where I could have been in my athletic field had I given up smoking many years ago. But today it was vaping that got me off the stinky-sticks, and although nicotine still gives me a lift, I WILL STILL SAY I'm a non-cigarette smoker.

Big difference.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
You came in here with fists up accusing everyone of us of the same behavior that you witnessed against the child. Thanks I'll tell everyone I know not to blow the water vapor in anyone's face. Thanks for stopping in, see ya. Come back another time you have a problem, ok? Cuz we're all exactly the same and very very bad mannered people and we're being rude to you in the vapors forum. Have a great day!! I'm a grown adult and will not justify my legal bahavior to anyone, so don't bother. I'll hold the door open for you.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

No combustion in the vapor, yo,
Won't be burning any paper, joe,
CO and tar, smokers can keep,
You would have to be a creep,
To deny the simple fact,
Vaping keeps your lungs intact!
Why we choose to make vapor,
Nicotine delivery that is safer,
Busting up your silly take,
Cause your facts, they aint so straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread