Safe to vape around baby with NO NICOTINE??? Vaping VS Cigs around baby?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

eemiely

Oct 29, 2016
Oceanside, CA
Hello there, it's been a while....
Ive read a lot of threads on vaping around kids but none of them ive seen talk about vaping with NO NICOTINE in the e-liquid....so my question is...is it safe to vape around my 6 month old if I don't have any nicotine in my e-liquid????
AND....

I am writing a blog post about vaping vs cigarettes around a baby...what are your thoughts about the different pros and cons of these two around little ones????
vaping-vs-smoking-720x340.jpg

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
Second Hand Vapor here is information from a study done a few years ago and it goes over exactly what is expelled. Looks like if you cook or bake around your kids vaping would be equivalent. I read a lot on this subject and I couldn't find anything harmful associated with second hand vaping.

I have a 1 year old and use 0mg nic. Hopefully others can add to this thread. I'm all for the advocacy of vaping. It seems to get demonized and directly associated as smoking. Here is a fact we all know it's not smoking. Period. At a molecular level its much different.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

eemiely

Oct 29, 2016
Oceanside, CA
Last edited:

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
THANKS! :thumbs: That link was very helpful. Im going to use it when I start a new discussion on this topic on my Facebook page named New Mama Drama.
Check it out people! New Mama Drama | Facebook
Your welcome. I just have such an issue with people treating it as an equivalent to smoking and its just not. Chemical makeup is much different. To me it's like asking do you feed hot dogs to your kids. Most parents do. However do you know what's really in hot dogs and how they effect your kids? Most people don't care because it has been deemed safe and edible. Who cares if it's washed with ammonia while it's processed or of its loaded with salt.

I know that's an apples and oranges comparison however it's the same message when something has a negative stigma or others are unsure about it because it's unfamiliar the norm is to treat it harshly. Medical marijuana in its different forms is treated the same way. Even my family doctor said we did the wrong studies because our grand pappy said it would make you hurt people Ect. We know this typically isn't true. Once it was deemed medicine that should have been the end of the argument. ibuprofen is essentially ground willow bark in a formulation. However it is medicine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Although I have I would not worry about the nicotine what I would be concerned about would be allergic reactions that adults report to flavorings and VG or PG. Being a baby does not have a fully developed immune system that be paramount for concerns. Remember I am not a Doctor or a Scientist and it just my humble opinion. When in doubt don't is what I always say...............

Vape On Safely

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My dad smoked like a chimney around all of us kids and we all turned out fine as long as you don't count the fact that all 5 of us were or are smokers. Most these days will err on the side of safety and not expose kids to contaminates or bad habits.
As did both my Mom and my Dad. I had 6 siblings...now just 5...the middle one got hooked on drugs at a very young age and finally passed a couple of years ago...the rest of us are still alive and kickin'....the youngest is 58...the oldest 71...we were born and raised before the world went crazy and Moms have been convinced that they need to move into a glass bubble with their child to protect it.

A world where germs weren't the big bad wolf and needed to be eradicated at all costs. It took thousands of years for humans to build up an immunity to those germs. We are now raising generation after generation of humans that will not be able to fight off those germs because they are not being exposed to them allowing them to build up the needed immunity. Mom doesn't have it...baby won't have it.

Seems we are trying to keep kids in a sterile environment and when they have to go out into the world they will not be prepared to survive out there.

I would not blow the vapor (nic or not) in the childs face but would have no qualms about vaping in the same room with them. I just consider it a non issue that has been made an issue by those that are trying to demonize vaping.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
My siblings and I are all about the same age as your family and I agree with you about the germs but was going to point out that that didn't really apply to vaping. When I sit in our ground floor small washroom and vape a few times it sure gets cloudy in there pretty fast, probably not the sort of clouds you want to surround the baby with.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My siblings and I are all about the same age as your family and I agree with you about the germs but was going to point out that that didn't really apply to vaping. When I sit in our ground floor small washroom and vape a few times it sure gets cloudy in there pretty fast, probably not the sort of clouds you want to surround the baby with.
In my mind It actually does. It is just one more thing in a long line of things that adds up to where we are today in our PC world. We must protect the children when in fact we are doing more damage than good. JMHO

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you that I have vaped around my child a lot. I started vaping when she was 2, she's 6 now. No issues so far that I know of. Vapor isn't smoke. Heck, even second hand smoke isn't what most people think it is.

Ingredient wise, the vapor from your e-cig is much closer to a home air freshener than a cigarette, I wonder how many people would get on your case for using a glade plugin.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I also vape in my house with children. I don't blow clouds at them but I don't worry about being in the same room with them while vaping. They're happier because I'm not sneaking outside to smoke anymore and I don't stink like an ashtray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread