Safe vape - Regulated mod limitless 200w, ohm irrelevant? Sony vtc5a 25A dual

Status
Not open for further replies.

GforceVape

Dec 27, 2016
On this thread i have decided to upload photos comparing my batteries before and after, and i would like to know if i am in danger. I noticed some black marks around the positive pin wrap a few days ago and got little nervous. I have been using my kangertech toptank the most and not exceeding the limit of each coil give or take 25-40 watt. a week ago i decided to get a Rdta classic limitless edition tank, and i started to build my own dual coil, Fused clapton wire KanthalA1 24ga 32ga 5 wraps around a mini screwdriver and my first result showed 0.14 ohm. I don't know how dangerous it is to use on a regulated mod, but i heard from some battery enthusiast that ohms law is irrelevant in a regulated box mod since it's regulated by a converter of some sort and is only applied to mech mods. Amp volt and wattage should be more emphasized in a regulated mod if i'm not forgetfull.

So today, i made my coil, and the result showed first 0.32 ohm, and then 0.22, 0.18 and 0.16 and finally .15 and .14. I think the ohm went very low after i tightened the postless deck screws quite hard and when i entered my cotton into the coil hole. observe, i heated up the coil and centered each coil. End result, 0.14 at 45 watt, i have not increased, since i don't really know the max settings. The battery is a vtc5a sony 18650 dual batteries 25A. Could some kind soul help me(the one who knows). Should i also be worried regarding to the low .14 ohm and my black spots around the battery?

I have read some tutorials around the web, but still i need to confirm it and it's quite confusing. I might edit this thread to add more info.

I've added some files.
positive pole After december 30th.jpg
positive pole After december 30th -.jpg
Fused clapton wire KanthalA1 24ga 32ga     5 wraps around a mini screwdriver.jpg
Limitless 200w regulated box mod battery plate.jpg
Limitless 200w regulated mod with rdta limitless classic edition.jpg
0.15 ohm at 45 watt on a regulated limitless 200w box mod.jpg
negative pole before december 9th.jpg
batteri2.jpg
positive pole before december 9th.jpg

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
What did you do to them? These batteries in this photo are 9 months old! You might have to enlarge to see the top and bottom properly.
I'm wondering if either your mod or charger has a "bump" on the positive lead?
A bit of wire clipping maybe fused to it?

The ohms are fine. I believe that mod goes as low as 0.10 ohm.
As to the black marks.. It's hard to say. Could be dirt. It doesn't look like the wrapper is damaged, and those cells take a lot of heat, so I doubt it was venting. It might be just normal oxidization coming off. Brass and bronze tarnish in air, could be coming off on the batteries. But I'm guessing here without seeing the actual batteries and mod up close.
15740986_10211764056847989_7183731978595102152_n.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Why is the positive metal visual button beat up like that? A little scratching is common from inserting and removing but you usually don't dimple/press in the button, or at least that's what it looks like in the photos. Is it actually pushed in?

Edit: Yeah, I had to stop and pull some random batteries out to look at them as well, and not had anything that looks like those in the photo. Oh, and I almost always charge in an external charger so my batteries are in and out all the time.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Why is the positive metal visual button beat up like that? A little scratching is common from inserting and removing but you usually don't dimple/press in the button, or at least that's what it looks like in the photos. Is it actually pushed in?

Edit: Yeah, I had to stop and pull some random batteries out to look at them as well, and not had anything that looks like those in the photo. Oh, and I almost always charge in an external charger so my batteries are in and out all the time.
Same here.. the pic I posted are my first batteries I got when I got my first mod 9 months ago, and the poles are no where near as beat up. I also use an external charger.

AND if my cat gets any fatter I'll be able to toss him over my shoulders and wear him like a fur coat.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
What ^he said. And if the tensioner behind it is sufficiently stiff, as it seems with your mod, it will definitely dig in to the ends of the battery.

*ninja edit* You can actually trace some of those lines right over the battery wrap on the ends...it's definitely cause by pushing and pulling the batteries out of the mod.

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
since your mod looks like it has the "bullet tip" contact points, what you are seeing is the scratch marks from inserting/removing the batteries... I prefer to press the battery downward a tad against the spring loaded side of the terminals and then remove the battery(s), using the strap to remove the batteries doesnt reduce the contact pressures thus scraping the battery posts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread