Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Been reading a lot about safety but i'm still a little confused.

So i have Wismec RX200 mod ( 3 batteries )
I use LG HG2 (3000mAh) batteries in it.

So far i've been vaping with many different tanks and had no issues were found.
Lately i started making lower ohm builds and that pushed me to a thought that it might be dangerous.

Lats say i am building dual clapton paralel coils , got 0.2 Ohm,
The decent vape with my mod and batteries starts of 70 Watts, less than that heating process is kinda slower.

I vape from 68 to 90 watts.

Usually i build 0.5-0.6 ohm coils though and i vape on it with same wattage.
Am i doing anything wrong, do i put myself in danger?

Suggest me what coils ohm should i build for safe AND good vape with my current mod and batteries.

ps. If tank matters than i currently use Velocity RDA

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
No. You're totally fine.

Calculating amperage limit/draw with regulated mods is more complicated than with a mechanical. You might want to take a look at THIS LINK for more information.

However, with the builds you are doing and the wattages you are vaping at, you are more than OK. If you were to start using a 0.1 ohm coil at 200W, then we would be having a slightly different discussion (but I'm not even sure that would be a problem with your current batteries; I just haven't done the math to be able to say either way).

At 0.2 ohms and 70 watts, or even 100 watts and higher you are not doing anything to put yourself in danger. The same goes for 0.5-0.6 ohms at 68-90W, and even higher wattages.

If I'm understanding the calculations correctly, you would probably want 30A batts for the RX200 IF you were going to be using it at its absolute max. Where you are now, those batteries are fine. I use 20A in my RX200 and build lower/often use higher power than you, but not significantly so.

It is a good thing you are concerned about your safety and I implore you to continue to think about it. In this case, you're golden. Just be careful and think about this again (or use the formula provided in the link) if you decide to start building EXTREMELY low and are reaching the higher ranges of the RX's possible wattage.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimZet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread