Samantha Bee: Big Tobacco vs Little Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I guess I can also give kudos to the fact that she did vape also and kind of embraced the fringe movement.

Yes, I do see the cloud comp as a fringe section of vaping. Just as with any activity.
Yeah, fringe, and I wish the piece had made a point of that.

I think it was overall vape friendly, and sort of trying to help us, by pointing out the "we are our worst enemy" thing, like you said (and many others have said).

More depth would be great. Especially concerning all the collusion and corruption. John Oliver would be good for that.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just from my own experience around the local vape shops, the cloud chasers are young and only a few of them vape any nicotine - if they do it's 3mg and 6mg tops. I'd say 90% no nic - although that's just a guess. While gaining some unwanted attention, they also blow to pieces, ANY idea of a 'gateway to smoking', and also goes against Zeller's ideas that ecigs just continue the nicotine habit with teens. Both simply are not true.

The only ones continuing the nicotine habit are the ex-smokers and with them (as with me) many are realizing how less addictive that nicotine really is.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
I posted this in the Deeming regulations thread, but this is a good example of what I meant.
The public perception of vaping is what's going on at vaping conventions, and cloud competitions, along with some of the more "colorful" names vendors use to describe their flavor combinations, and sensational stories about "exploding devices" and "dangerous chemicals found in ecig vapor"

If your opinion of cars, and motorcycles was formed exclusively by Autorama type car shows, and driving by your local biker hangout, punctuated by news stories of street racing teenagers dieing in accidents, bikers getting in bar fights, and people poisoning themselves with exhaust fumes, what would that opinion be?

It's going to take a lot of work, but WE need to change the public perception of vaping from the street racing punk, or "outlaw" biker, to the millions of people who drive Fords, and Chevys to work every day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread