• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Samsung INR18650 2500mAh - Great Deal !

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
You know you are only saving shipping cost ordering on that site. Illumination Supply with the exchange is around the same price and the batteries are legit.

This is why North American e-commerce will never make a big dent because of high shipping cost. How can you compete with e-merchants in China if the shipping costs more than my complete order to send a similar size packet down my own street !

In fact many e-merchants in Canada are sending their inventory and stock to warehousing services in China. It is actually much cheaper to send my stock there and have it sent back to my customers in Canada then having Canada Post ship it nationally ...crazy, but that is the truth ! Its costs me less than $2.00 to have my items stocked, packaged and shipped from China compared to $12.95 +taxes via Canada Post to someone on my own street which I still have to pay for labour in packaging and packaging materials !

I think Alibaba's CEO Jack Ma said it best: “The difference between China e-commerce and U.S. e-commerce is that the e-commerce in the U.S. is a dessert ....but in China e-commerce becomes the main course” !

Last edited:

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
$25.59 in Canada and guessing another $2.50 for the e-packet if that makes it come faster or just free shipping BUT can anyone state here that these batteries WILL DEFINITELY get across the border?
I thought in Canada we had problems ordering batteries outside? .

There is no problem for batteries entering Canada. The only question is how they are shipped.
Fasttech only ships batteries by surface mail which mean 45-60 days, they have recently said they will ship batteries out from their Swedish warehouse by air like their other competitors since Sweden doesn't have this limitation of shipping Li-Ion batteries by air mail. I would not pay $2.50 for the e-packet if it is shipped by air, it normally arrives in the same period of time as regular air mail of 14-28 days !

It doesn't matter if Canvape is Chinese or Chinese-Canadian owned or not since 99% of the vaping gear is made in China these days anyways. Chinese businesses know they must evolve or die a quick death like businesses here in North America who are greedy and non flexible with their profit margins, they are willing to make a penny as profit rather than no profits ...that is the difference in mentality ...survival of the fittest !

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
You know you are only saving shipping cost ordering on that site. Illumination Supply with the exchange is around the same price and the batteries are legit.

I've asked yet not got a response yet but I was under the impression that batteries are not allowed in Canada, that you can lose them at the border, just as some find when they order some juice from american companies, due to the nicotine content?

IF I AM WRONG, someone, please tell me but please dont just say I am wrong, I want to know IF you yourself have got any in within the last 2 months for i keep seeing people tell me that they are A) having problems at customs with any batteries...and....2) juice is being held back at customs for some due to the nicotine within--ive seen some say they get it thoguh and others say lately that their orders.

I have up until now avoided buying either juice or batteries from US sites for this reason but by all means if i am wrong and CAN order batteries from the US, and/or juice, I'd love to know but there are just too many stories out there that are yes or no and I dont know what the actual truth is on this........

EDIT:

There is no problem for batteries entering Canada. The only question is how they are shipped.

Sorry, was busy and took 2 hours to start and then post as i was doing things in betwween so you got in there before i finally did press the button to send.
Will read your post now and see what the story is....

EDIT2:

It doesn't matter if Canvape is Chinese or Chinese-Canadian owned or not since 99% of the vaping gear is made in China these days anyways. Chinese businesses know they must evolve or die a quick death like businesses here in North America who are greedy and non flexible with their profit margins, they are willing to make a penny as profit rather than no profits ...that is the difference in mentality ...survival of the fittest !

I dont care who owns what but am getting tired of being told to buy Canadian all the time, ALTHOUGH only when it is independant Vape stores or independant Juice sellers for I will buy where and when I wish to and don't appreciate anyone trying to guilt me into buying from stores who in my opinion take great advantage of *noobs* and charge top dollar for last years kit.

Having been a noob myself at one point, only with knowledge + hindsight am I able to look back at all the *crap* I was told in order that they could steer me towards the garbage I wish I had not purchased, so they could hold their better stuff for those more knowledgeable.

I understand its hard out there but I haven't been overly impressed with a lot of what i have seen on FB sites that "pretend" to be there to help you but are in reality, just a site to push *their* product, truth of such be damned.

Unfortunately for many *noobs*, many dont realize that Vaping is so large that there are FB groups in a million different size and colors or forums such as this one and so on so many have spent a great deal of unnecessary money before they find these groups and start to educate themselves..
Hence, it is my opinon that many Vape stores, smaller ones I mean more so are there simply to take advantage of the noobs whilse those that know more get the breaks and deals.
Just my observations and even know when I have to pop into one here or there, just standing back watching the way *noobs* are handled, I see it often.

But suffice to say, just because everyone that decides to quit smoking and take up Vaping also decides to open a Vape store, doesnt mean I am responsible for their rent being paid. I have had too many try to slam places like FT with the guilt trip that I should be paying 2-4x more per product just so i can feel good about buying Canadian.

My comment earlier was simply to imply that all these guilt trips to buy Canadian are often companies that might not even be Canadian to begin with.
That said, it hasnt been companies such as CanVape or their owners/employeees guilt tripping people to buy from them but the many dozens of Facebook related Toronto Vape groups I have seen pretending to be there to help and answer questions but who are really just there to sell you their stuff only.
And lets not even get into the ones were the admin are known to rip off people.....not once, but several customers......LOL

Now, that said, I have found one store owner around Yonge/Eglington who I think is great. Hes not one of the new ones that just started vaping 2 years ago and 2 months in thought he could make a killing and opened up a Vape store ( worst kind IMHO) but hes been vaping since 2004 and runs a quiet unassuming operation but it attracts a lot of very knowledgeble people and most imporratly, I find his prices to be very good.
They arent the prices of FastTech but neither are they as high as most Vape stores.
For the bit extra he charges, yes, I would rather buy from him than waiting 2 weeks but my experience cannot say that about many stores.
Hell, I even had one that sold me 2 packs of fake Nautilus coils back when i used them. Not that it was intentional but in a rush to make as much money and not knowing what he was doing, he was likely buying fakes himself thinking they were authentic.
Not the kind of store owner i want to go to for much needed advice :)

I Personally consider THIS forum to be the best out of all of them out there on vaping :)

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Fasttech only ships batteries by surface mail which mean 45-60 days, they have recently said they will ship batteries out from their Swedish warehouse by air like their other competitors since Sweden doesn't have this limitation of shipping Li-Ion batteries by air mail. I would not pay $2.50 for the e-packet if it is shipped by air, it normally arrives in the same period of time as regular air mail of 14-28 days !

14 - 28 days? YIKES

i get most of my stuff within 9 or so
28 days would be the last time i would order if it took that long and i was anxious for it :)

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
14 - 28 days? YIKES

i get most of my stuff within 9 or so
28 days would be the last time i would order if it took that long and i was anxious for it :)

From where ? from here within in North America and you call that fast ?
People here want it both ways, they want free shipping and they want it like yesterday. I can get stuff from China in 1-1/2 day if I paid for shipping too, in fact I have always paid for shipping from US vendors and it takes an average anywhere 14-21 days and longer if it is opened by customs ...I wouldn't call that a good track record if I paid for shipping and it is shipping from just across the border let alone from half way across the world for free !

E-liquids with nicotine is stop by CBSA from crossing over. The thing is Health Canada put a ban on it, but a ban is basically only a warning and not the law. So in reality and in a court of law the CBSA has no right in stopping e-liquids with nicotine from entering Canada and if there was a class action law suit against Health Canada, they would loose miserably ! Health Canada is basically looking out for the interest of big tobacco, cigs are sold everywhere from the convenience store around your curb to the vending machines in your tavern and yet it is legal to the benefit of Canadian's health ? ...the government only bans thing if they can't collect taxes is the real moral of the story !

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
From where ? from here within in North America and you call that fast ?
People here want it both ways, they want free shipping and they want it like yesterday. I can get stuff from China in 1-1/2 day if I paid for shipping too, in fact I have always paid for shipping from US vendors and it takes an average anywhere 14-21 days and longer if it is opened by customs ...I wouldn't call that a good track record if I paid for shipping and it is shipping from just across the border let alone from half way across the world for free !

E-liquids with nicotine is stop by CBSA from crossing over. The thing is Health Canada put a ban on it, but a ban is basically only a warning and not the law. So in reality and in a court of law the CBSA has no right in stopping e-liquids with nicotine from entering Canada and if there was a class action law suit against Health Canada, they would loose miserably ! Health Canada is basically looking out for the interest of big tobacco, cigs are sold everywhere from the convenience store around your curb to the vending machines in your tavern and yet it is legal to the benefit of Canadian's health ? ...the government only bans thing if they can't collect taxes is the real moral of the story !

No, I'm in Toronto and when I order from Fasttech I will usually pay the $2.50 e-packet and it comes usually pretty fast, unless the item has to be ordered in first. But if its an item that will be shipped within 1-2 days and I pay that i get it relatively quickly.
Obvoiusly there are some items that take time to get in but sorry, I meant that from the shipping date to my door, not from the purcase date as that will drastically change due to how long they need before shipping it.

The only time i dont pay for e-packet if it is for items that cost $1.75 and I have purchased 4 at a time but am not in a hurry for it. Then I just let it arrive whenever it shows up.

I occassionally buy great stainless steel items (appearance) for example by a company called Satechi whose designed items I like, such as USB ports, mouse pads etc, all for my imac and macbook pros and tose come, I think from California and they take longer than to come in from China.

So.......why hasnt there been a class action suit about the nicotine then?
I have several criminal lawyer friends here in T'Oh but thats criminal law, not this particular legal end needed for such a suit so I am not sure if they could answer me accurately if I asked them about it.

Is there not enough interest amongst juice vendors, large Vaping companies and the like? I would have assumed IF a class action suit was that much of a sure thing, then at least one law firm would have investigated it.

But class action suits, correct me if I am wrong, usually center around damages and I am not sure that this would be the case for such a file. Maybe i'ts not a class action that would be the proper term but something else??!! I was a legal assistant but not in that area at all so my understanding of class action files are sketchy at best.

That being said you have just convinced me that there is no point in my ever odering juice from an american company. I do have a great canadian one i get stock from but I just found a company last week in Vermont I think it was and they claimed to be able to send 250 ml bottles of juice to Canada without any problems.
I was quite suspiscious at the time.

In fact it was a Facebook person in a group that linked to this company and I went to ask him a few questions privately about it. I got the feeling he thought i was being too inquisiitve and he quickly said sorry, although i had no idea why and he blocked me--or so i thought but then looking from my husbands profile, I discovered his was no longer on Facebook.

I surmised at the time he might have been the juice company owner attempting to get Canadians to send him money for juice they might never get.....I have wondered about that strange behaviour of his since... :)

Last edited:

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
No, I'm in Toronto and when I order from Fasttech I will usually pay the $2.50 e-packet and it comes usually pretty fast, unless the item has to be ordered in first. But if its an item that will be shipped within 1-2 days and I pay that i get it relatively quickly.
Obvoiusly there are some items that take time to get in but sorry, I meant that from the shipping date to my door, not from the purcase date as that will drastically change due to how long they need before shipping it.

The only time i dont pay for e-packet if it is for items that cost $1.75 and I have purchased 4 at a time but am not in a hurry for it. Then I just let it arrive whenever it shows up.

I occassionally buy great stainless steel items (appearance) for example by a company called Satechi whose designed items I like, such as USB ports, mouse pads etc, all for my imac and macbook pros and tose come, I think from California and they take longer than to come in from China.

So.......why hasnt there been a class action suit about the nicotine then?
I have several criminal lawyer friends here in T'Oh but thats criminal law, not this particular legal end needed for such a suit so I am not sure if they could answer me accurately if I asked them about it.

Is there not enough interest amongst juice vendors, large Vaping companies and the like? I would have assumed IF a class action suit was that much of a sure thing, then at least one law firm would have investigated it.

But class action suits, correct me if I am wrong, usually center around damages and I am not sure that this would be the case for such a file. Maybe i'ts not a class action that would be the proper term but something else??!! I was a legal assistant but not in that area at all so my understanding of class action files are sketchy at best.

That being said you have just convinced me that there is no point in my ever odering juice from an american company. I do have a great canadian one i get stock from but I just found a company last week in Vermont I think it was and they claimed to be able to send 250 ml bottles of juice to Canada without any problems.
I was quite suspiscious at the time.

In fact it was a Facebook person in a group that linked to this company and I went to ask him a few questions privately about it. I got the feeling he thought i was being too inquisiitve and he quickly said sorry, although i had no idea why and he blocked me--or so i thought but then looking from my husbands profile, I discovered his was no longer on Facebook.

I surmised at the time he might have been the juice company owner attempting to get Canadians to send him money for juice they might never get.....I have wondered about that strange behaviour of his since... :)

Ok, that is fast delivery from Fasttech and like you said it is sometimes faster to get stuff from China then from the US and some how we call this "Free Trade" ...LoL
I order prescription eye glasses from China and I normally get them within 7-10 days with free shipping which is even faster than local brick & mortar stores can churn it out.

I think Canadian e-juice vendors like the status quo, this way Canadians are stuck with buying locally and they can continue charging ridiculous prices. This is one market that China is lagging behind and they admit it especially if they are the originator of e-cigs the e-juice market is predominately operated by small American companies. There are new Chinese e-juice companies trying to change that perception like +Oplus who offer quality products at reasonable cost.

Last edited:

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
I guess OPlus isnt interested in covering my travel expenses are they? :laugh:

I rarely order from the States nowadays. Just China.
That said, where do you buy glasses from if you dont mind my asking?
Due a pair soon and always willing to see whats out there................

Thx

I personally like Zenni Optical, but there are many others that I have order from before like Global Eyeglasses, Goggles4less, 39dollarglasses, Firmoo etc...

In terms of e-juice manufacturing, China has the best facilities bar none. It is just the public perception that their stuff is not safe or their e-juice don't cater to the North American palate that is the question now. They are trying to change that by hiring consultants from North America to communicate their brands.

If you look a Hangsen's facilities, there is not one US e-juice company that can even come close to their prowess !

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I personally like Zenni Optical, but there are many others that I have order from before like Global Eyeglasses, Goggles4less, 39dollarglasses, Firmoo etc...

In terms of e-juice manufacturing, China has the best facilities bar none. It is just the public perception that their stuff is not safe or their e-juice don't cater to the North American palate that is the question now. They are trying to change that by hiring consultants from North America to communicate their brands.

If you look a Hangsen's facilities, there is not one US e-juice company that can even come close to their prowess
!

I wouldnt have any issue ordering juice from China if the taste and price were obviously to my liking + it could easily come into Canada.
The world is changing whether people like it or not. Actually no, they dont like it. No one likes change as it represents the unknown.

But I would rather pay more and get better quality. Thats the grey area for if the quality is the same and pricees are the same, than naturally I will order from here even if, just for sake of argument, there werent problems with importation of juice.

And yes who knows where/how juice here is being made, what steps are being used to ensure the safety of our health and so on........It could be bad or good there, just as it can be here. Perhaps some forget where companies such as Aspire originate, but it isnt Canada..

I will check out the link for glasses. Thank you. Again it will depend on quality first price secondary. I prefer to save money if the quality is what i would get here but less expsnsibe to buy but i wont buy if the quality is inferior, no matter how inexpensive it might be

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'd like to say I have a good feeling about some of the practises I have seen our Vape stores do but i dont and i know many others don't.
Retail is undergoing a huge transformation unlike we have seen before in our lifetime over the next decade and I suspect the successful stores will be the ones most technologically advanced in bringing and keeping business, especially in malls....not sure the small retail outlet is going to have an easy time of it.
That being said, nor are many people and people will take care of themselves first since no ones paying their rent, only them!

So although i morally agree with your statement, it wont put a roof over someones head and i think that will drive people to look elsewhere.
IS it a good thing?
No but then............the world is changing rapidly and not all for the best.

Either that or the *Over 40* gene has kicked in and i sound like every adult i disagreed with when i was 16 about the world at that time :)

For that matter IS CanVape and large such companies Canadians or are they Chinese owned businesses? I havent any idea but just discovered that the largest e-bike company in Canada who i thought was Canadian owned is also a chinese owned company.

I always check if Canvape has what I'm looking for before I go elsewhere. Typically if they have it it I would have to go to China to get a better deal which would take a while to get to me unless I paid high shipping fees. I also buy my DIY supplies from Canvape.

I'm certain they are a Canadian owned business, but I can't prove it. I'm also almost certain Happy Vaper is, but I don't know them nearly as well as I know the folks at Canvape and have never talked to the owner.

I appreciate having local shops that are competitive. They could also become important for us if non-commercial import or online purchase of vape supplies becomes restricted. Even if nothing changes, it is very nice to be able to drive to the fleamarket and pick up an order of vape supplies from Canvape on Saturday or Sunday, or to go to Happy Vaper anytime through the week and buy something. Service and support are also very good from these suppliers and I don't have to mail something back if I have an issue. We all know how much Canada Post charges us for parcel service :facepalm:

It's not really a moral or ethics issue for me, honestly I am just being selfish here and if this helps a Canadian company survive it seems like a win-win scenario to me :)

Now, this works for me but as always, YMMV. I would not tell anyone they should support our suppliers, that is up to all of us to decide for ourselves.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've asked yet not got a response yet but I was under the impression that batteries are not allowed in Canada, that you can lose them at the border, just as some find when they order some juice from american companies, due to the nicotine content?

IF I AM WRONG, someone, please tell me but please dont just say I am wrong, I want to know IF you yourself have got any in within the last 2 months for i keep seeing people tell me that they are A) having problems at customs with any batteries...and....2) juice is being held back at customs for some due to the nicotine within--ive seen some say they get it thoguh and others say lately that their orders.

My last battery orders from the US were late last year from Illumination Supply and Battery Junction and both went though without a hitch, but that is not the last two months. The rules for air transport of Li-ion batteries are changing in NA for safety reasons (too many Li-ion battery fires on aircraft), but I have not heard that small shipments were not allowed yet. I have not ever heard that import through Canada customs is going to change. If it worried me, I would email Illumination Supply and ask them. They ship enough to Canada to know what the score is and they have no incentive to lie about it.

If Canada customs discovers personal import of Nicotine they will send it back. It has been this way since I started vaping three years ago but back then they didn't find many shipments and I didn't have any issues for the nine months I bought from the US. I did make small purchases keeping the price below $50 so they would not take much interest. I believe parcels are being discovered more often now. I don't use much nic anymore, but I appreciate being able to get nic from Canadian suppliers even though it's more expensive up here. No risk makes that worth it to me.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
My last battery orders from the US were late last year from Illumination Supply and Battery Junction and both went though without a hitch, but that is not the last two months. The rules for air transport of Li-ion batteries are changing in NA for safety reasons (too many Li-ion battery fires on aircraft), but I have not heard that small shipments were not allowed yet. I have not ever heard that import through Canada customs is going to change. If it worried me, I would email Illumination Supply and ask them. They ship enough to Canada to know what the score is and they have no incentive to lie about it.

If Canada customs discovers personal import of Nicotine they will send it back. It has been this way since I started vaping three years ago but back then they didn't find many shipments and I didn't have any issues for the nine months I bought from the US. I did make small purchases keeping the price below $50 so they would not take much interest. I believe parcels are being discovered more often now. I don't use much nic anymore, but I appreciate being able to get nic from Canadian suppliers even though it's more expensive up here. No risk makes that worth it to me.

The Canadian regulators like Health Canada and Transport Canada are "me too" mouth pieces of the American equivalent with less authority and powers. Nic is not banned in the US, so Health Canada should shut up and crawl back into it's hole. I can't stand a nanny loud mouth agency nagging for stuff to make itself feel important !

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I appreciate having local shops that are competitive. They could also become important for us if non-commercial import or online purchase of vape supplies becomes restricted. Even if nothing changes, it is very nice to be able to drive to the fleamarket and pick up an order of vape supplies from Canvape on Saturday or Sunday, or to go to Happy Vaper anytime through the week and buy something. Service and support are also very good from these suppliers and I don't have to mail something back if I have an issue. We all know how much Canada Post charges us for parcel service

Just so you know I was not referring to you.
When I first began to Vape enough that i began to scour the web, I joined several Facebook sites in my city and acorss Canada.
Quickly saw many lay guilt trips on people buying from FT or even juice at better prices.

I believe, juice shoud be sold at, not the inflated prices they do try to get.
I can buy a bottle of the best tasting Kaptain Krunch I have ever had for $65 a 250ml bottle or, I think it is $99 for 500 ml. Now compare that to numerous 30 ml bottles for $25/$30.
The two of us here would be spending $30 a day between us.
Hence, another reason many go DIY and I am about to do the same.

As for CanVape, honestly i have only purchased from them once.
As I fully get set up with extra set ups, buy the juice I do love in bulk for now, batteries and so on I now have to consider what it will cost to get me into DIY even just to start, its been somewhat expensive. And I say that as one looking at the best prices.

However, granted, I have never done the flea market sting and am told its very good but its in the suburbs and I am in the city.
I will give CanVape a closer look.For some reason I just never end up on their page.

But as I am about to go DIY I will likely have to order some stuff from them if they are priced well and not considerably higher than others.

I would email Illumination Supply and ask them. They ship enough to Canada to know what the score is and they have no incentive to lie about it.

Good point. I will ask them.

This very subject stumps me for over the past few months i have had so many Vapers here tell me they got their shipment through and swear up and down they did but then others tell me they got dinged and wont order that way anymore.

I dont understand why I keep hearing them claiming they ca get stuff from the US when I believe its highly unlikely and/or not worth the risk. Especially as I tend to order bulk orders but dont dare try it...Your comment has put to rest for me, any thought of trying to order from any good US companies. ;(

But i also dont like being left in the lurch by my favourite juice companies when they decide one day, to close up shop for a while or if there were an emergency, being stuck.
I am tired of putting control into the hands of others and am going DIY more for that reason than saving money, althoguh that will be a good plus if so.
Americans are fortunate in not having that problem to deal with! ;(

Nic is not banned in the US, so Health Canada should shut up and crawl back into it's hole. I can't stand a nanny loud mouth agency nagging for stuff to make itself feel important !

Highly agree but I am the choir with regards to nanny state involvement in many areas of our government!
I have ZERO respect for Health Canada so I dont even want to get started on that rant :)
I think as Canadian vapers we fully understand just how ludicrous some of their decisions are, although its not just here. We saw it all throughout North America pertaining to smoking laws.

ONE question----are we possibly entertaining any future problems with being able to buy NIC for DIY? i only use 6mg at this poit and could easily go down to 3mg if I needed to, or maybe even Zero, but Id prefer to know ahead of time IF this is thought to be an upcoming issue for us here in Canada?
Right now the thought it might be is the only reason I am concerned about my future with vaping and cant seem to get a straight answer as too many answering are Americans.

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
oh dear that was long LOL
Sorry I type quickly and dont really get a sense of how long it is until i hit the send button YIKES, sorry :blush:

/tries to remember to type not as one speaks

EDIT: if you think its long now, I just cut 1/2 of it out ( problem of being a very fast typist, I can type faster than I speak so i do and cant really see it in the tiny box u r given to type in until after :p

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
ONE question----are we possibly entertaining any future problems with being able to buy NIC for DIY? i only use 6mg at this poit and could easily go down to 3mg if I needed to, or maybe even Zero, but Id prefer to know ahead of time IF this is thought to be an upcoming issue for us here in Canada?
Right now the thought it might be is the only reason I am concerned about my future with vaping and cant seem to get a straight answer as too many answering are Americans.

Only time will tell. I suspect once the FDA comes out with their final deeming regulation regarding e-cigarettes, HC will follow suit. So depending on what the FDA comes out with, we may or may not see things get even worse here.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Only time will tell. I suspect once the FDA comes out with their final deeming regulation regarding e-cigarettes, HC will follow suit. So depending on what the FDA comes out with, we may or may not see things get even worse here.

:ohmy:

:shock:

:rules:

When is the FDA report expected, any idea?

And assuming its bad news, what do you suppose the realistic worse case scenario might be?

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Highly agree but I am the choir with regards to nanny state involvement in many areas of our government!
I have ZERO respect for Health Canada so I dont even want to get started on that rant :)
I think as Canadian vapers we fully understand just how ludicrous some of their decisions are, although its not just here. We saw it all throughout North America pertaining to smoking laws.

Canadian e-juice makers are somehow smuggling in nic from somewhere or maybe they are just buying it from within Canada since it is not a banned substance by law anyways. It is like they can keep things out of the border, but can't do crap when it is behind the borders since nic is used in the manufacturing of other products like pharmaceutical and pesticides.

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Who knows when it will be released. They're still "gathering information".

Worst case scenario? We'll be relegated to closed end systems like the Vuse and Blu cig-a-likes.

I really hope that even the worst case scenario could not be that dismal.

I have sent off emails/letters to various government officials, signed petitions, copied emails to a PC member that is speaking out against the Bil apparently but if there is anything else that can be done, I should look into it and follow through further.

I will look into batteries at CanVape tonight. I do need 4 new ones and I havent any issue buying from the spot EdT586 is pushing but I would prefer to wait until a few others have ordered and are all happy before i do.
Its the same on FT.
I only order by reading the forum threads. Not the Reviews as I dont believe most of them. Not that people lie so much but most leave replies as soon as the article has arrived and they havent spent enough time with them to leave a good thoughtful review.
I would never be the first to buy anything from that site.

Hence, I will wait as one always needs batteries to order that route but do need some ASAP so I will check them out tonight. If anyone else reading this happens to know of any great deals at the moment somewhere in Canada, do let me know.

Thx

Canadian e-juice makers are somehow smuggling in nic from somewhere or maybe they are just buying it from within Canada since it is not a banned substance by law anyways. It is like they can keep things out of the border, but can't do crap when it is behind the borders since nic is used in the manufacturing of other products like pharmaceutical and pesticides.

I wasnt aware that nicotine was used in other products, let along pharmaceutical and pesticides which isnt to say I dont believe you but just to state I was not aware of that.

/sighs Libertarianism is beginning to look more attractive-the less government the better and even fewer in our business and I might like them more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread