San Diego forced to repeal vaping advertising ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Is this *THE* NATO, or some other group using the same letters? Try as I might, I can't figure out what *THE* NATO has to do with advertising or constititional law.

Andria
I thought the same so dug a little further - National Association of tobacco Outlets (NATO) :cool:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I thought the same so dug a little further - National Association of tobacco Outlets (NATO) :cool:

Well that makes a hellacious lot more sense! :D When I saw "NATO action," I was wondering if they showed up with the Marines or something. :lol:

Andria

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I wonder if i'll ever see the day when people voting for laws in legislative procedures would have to think twice before passing unconstitutional laws.

When such laws get struck down on constitutional grounds, those legislators should at the very least get the equivalent of a traffic ticket.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I wonder if i'll ever see the day when people voting for laws in legislative procedures would have to think twice before passing unconstitutional laws.

When such laws get struck down on constitutional grounds, those legislators should at the very least get the equivalent of a traffic ticket.

Or have the Marines knocking on THEIR door. :lol:

Andria

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I wonder if this would extend to TV ads that were banned back in the day, if tobacco companies wanted to push the issue by using it as a precedent. Being as the TV ads "speak" to the customer base like the picture ads at convenience stores and what not.

Not that cigarette ads mean a hill of beans to me, but it's nice to see companies taking their rights back.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

The correct classification for undermining the constitutional order is "treason".

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
cartoonsargument.jpg

:D
Andria

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I think that argument kills me most of all! I couldn't count on both hands and feet how many adults love cartoons! Hell my TV either stays on Cartoon Network or Boomerang! I DVR 80's Transformers, GIJoe, and Jem everyday and I'm almost 40!

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I think that argument kills me most of all! I couldn't count on both hands and feet how many adults love cartoons! Hell my TV either stays on Cartoon Network or Boomerang! I DVR 80's Transformers, GIJoe, and Jem everyday and I'm almost 40!
Adult Swim rules!

I didn't watch many cartoons when I was a kid (trying to hard to grow up) but I love them now.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
South Park and Family Guy are among my favorite shows.
I'm even in the mood for a little Beavis and Butthead now and then.
:laugh:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

On a recent airplane trip, I noticed that the adults were watching "Despicable Me" while the youngsters were mostly attracted by "Fury". What gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread