Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't want to recapture my youth so much as I want to do it over.
But with all the knowledge and experience I've gained since.
:laugh:

And hopefully different parents, in my case. I would never ever want to go back to being under the thumb of purposefully-ignorant dream-ridiculing control freaks -- the day I moved out of their house was the best day of my life.

Andria

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA

The linked San Diego U-T story headline just had to drag the kiddies into the fray. You always know that when they resort to "saving the children", they never had any substantive argument from the beginning ...

Tobacco ad rules repealed | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com

"Councilwoman Myrtle Cole said she was particularly concerned about children being attracted to vaping and electronic cigarettes, which are battery-powered and emit vapor instead of smoke. She cited product names such as “raspberry chai” as evidence e-cigarettes are marketed to people too young to use them.

“I’m offended by this,” Cole said."

Well, at least Myrtle was honest about her real reasons for opposing the First Amendment and the Supreme Court. They offended her ... :ohmy:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
The linked San Diego U-T story headline just had to drag the kiddies into the fray. You always know that when they resort to "saving the children", they never had any substantive argument from the beginning ...

"Councilwoman Myrtle Cole said she was particularly concerned about children being attracted to vaping and electronic cigarettes, which are battery-powered and emit vapor instead of smoke. She cited product names such as “raspberry chai” as evidence e-cigarettes are marketed to people too young to use them.

Well, at least Myrtle was honest about her real reasons for opposing the First Amendment and the Supreme Court. They offended her ... :ohmy:

I'm offended by people who call themselves Americans who clearly don't have the first clue what it means to actually BE an American. It's one thing to be offended by something; it's quite another to force your offended opinion on all and sundry, just because YOU CAN. The very NERVE of those fascists.

Andria

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I'm offended by people who call themselves Americans who clearly don't have the first clue what it means to actually BE an American ...

Andria

I'm old enough to remember Civics Class in both elementary and high school. We were taught how government works in the US, albeit in an idealized form, read the Constitution and Amendments, and had discussions on how they affected our lives ...

I honestly don't know, since I don't have kids, do they teach any of this now ? Did Civics go out with memorizing multiplication tables and learning to spell words correctly ? :blink:

Geez, I'm officially a geezer ... :blush:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm old enough to remember Civics Class in both elementary and high school. We were taught how government works in the US, albeit in an idealized form, read the Constitution and Amendments, and had discussions on how they affected our lives ...

I honestly don't know, since I don't have kids, do they teach any of this now ? Did Civics go out with memorizing multiplication tables and learning to spell words correctly ? :blink:

Geez, I'm officially a geezer ... :blush:

Heh... I don't really know; my son graduated from high school in 2006; I believe he did take a class called "American Government" at some point, but it's been a while, so I have no idea how things are now. I got the gist of it, in school in the 70's, but honestly I didn't pay much attention except to the high points -- divisions of gov't, checks and balances, 2 senators from every state, the Supreme Court is the final word on what is Constitutional, and they can even reverse themselves. It's kind of a mess, after so long. I really think a new revolution is needed desperately, but honestly I can't imagine it would really be any better even if there was a revolution -- instead of the venal fools we have now trying to get rich on our sweat and blood, we'd have a whole new crop of venal fools trying to get rich on our sweat and blood. *sigh*

The more things change...

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Out of all of the stereotypical "minor targeting" flavors to choose from, she chose RASPBERRY CHAI?!

Is that what the kids are doing these days? Drinking tea?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'd have to say that chai tea was a fad here long before electronic cigarettes were.
And all the young teenage girls were buying them at Starbucks.

I guess "fad" might not be the right word though.
As I suppose both of them are here to stay.

But chai tea is not being threatened with heavy regulation.
So there's that.

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'd have to say that chai tea was a fad here long before electronic cigarettes were.
And all the young teenage girls were buying them at Starbucks.

I guess "fad" might not be the right word though.
As I suppose both of them are here to stay.

Buy chai tea is not being threatened with heavy regulation.
So there's that.
Just as an aside, chai means tea, so saying chai tea is like saying tea tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread