Sapphire, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
Just got my new Sapphire kit 1100 mah one. I am loving it, fixed the problem.

Very nice unit, convenient & I like the cap, as it keeps the top a bit more sanitary. The shipping was fast! :)

Thanks!

Edit: did not see this nice person's followup post to the original post, until after I edited this. Thank you arjay for your help!

Last edited:

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
If you fill these with your bottle (adapter) pressed down against the fill hole it restricts the air allowed to escape when the juice goes in, so it can put pressure inside the tank forcing the juice into the coil chamber. This then can restrict the airflow, and make a gurgling sound, also in more extreme cases fluid will come up the air tube.

This following is what I would do - I am not advocating anyone try this themselves!!

I generally turn the saphire upside down (with a battery attached), hold the tank and the battery and pull the atomizer section out of the plastic gently. I unscrew the atomizer from the battery. Using a tissue covering the atomizer end I blow through the battery connection end to clear out the excess juice.

I also take the oportunity to clean out the air tubes with a pipe cleaner, very careful not to dislodge the wick. I also use the pipe cleaner to tidy up the section around the wick..

(To be honest I usually change the wick at this time if needed)

I replace the atomizer section onto the battery. I then line up the air tube with the atomizer and push them together. Make sure it's all sitting right and the gurgle should have gone and the airflow and draw should have returned to normal.

If you get a nice little bubble rising after a draw, it shouldn't leak or dry hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread