satisfaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

poirot

May 15, 2017
h i anyone seems to me whatever I vape I cannot get satisfaction I have tried lots of methods mtl dl just cannot get there I use eleaf 30 watt e leaf 80 watt endura t22 various wattages 10 up to 27 watts Iuse tobacco flavour blackcurrantstrawberry lime I have tried menthol that gives me a stomach ache I have tried mixing them together all at 18 mgs of nic but no real satisfaction so before i throw the towel in has anyone got any good sugg.estions.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Suggestion #1 is to reconsider using a 14.5w tank at "up to 27 watts"... it's not designed for that.

Buy a real 20-30 watt tank. If you aren't getting enough 'hit' see if you can source higher PG liquid (if yours is higher VG at the moment).

18mg, 50/50, 25-30 watts is strong enough to kick like a beast. If that doesn't do it, then I don't know.

Good luck though. :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
How about the nautilus series? My wife vapes them at 17 watts, 1.6 ohm coils with 24mg nic. I think the new nautilus 2 has a lower resistance coil for even higher wattages. It's probably the nic, if you were/are a heavy smoker then 24 might be the ticket with a mtl set up like the nautilus tanks. For me personally, I was a heavy smoker and 18mg didn't do it for mtl, it wasn't until I vaped 24mg that I finally found it satisfying. Even after almost 7 years of vaping , I'm still at 24mg and love it, it's the major TH that satisfies me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

poirot

May 15, 2017
Suggestion #1 is to reconsider using a 14.5w tank at "up to 27 watts"... it's not designed for that.

Buy a real 20-30 watt tank. If you aren't getting enough 'hit' see if you can source higher PG liquid (if yours is higher VG at the moment).

18mg, 50/50, 25-30 watts is strong enough to kick like a beast. If that doesn't do it, then I don't know.

Good luck though. :)
thanks for the reply and advice I will give it all a shot

Reactions: djsvapour

poirot

May 15, 2017
How about the nautilus series? My wife vapes them at 17 watts, 1.6 ohm coils with 24mg nic. I think the new nautilus 2 has a lower resistance coil for even higher wattages. It's probably the nic, if you were/are a heavy smoker then 24 might be the ticket with a mtl set up like the nautilus tanks. For me personally, I was a heavy smoker and 18mg didn't do it for mtl, it wasn't until I vaped 24mg that I finally found it satisfying. Even after almost 7 years of vaping , I'm still at 24mg and love it, it's the major TH that satisfies me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/QUOTreplhaveanatil

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Oh goodness, you don't want to use 24mg nic with subohm coils. Most people won't enjoy that, anyway... the vast majority. It will feel extremely harsh and make you ill pretty quick. Once you get towards 1ohm and below, most folks use 12mg or less. MAYBE 18mg if you're towards the top of that range.

That 24mg juice will be best in a 1.5+ohm atomizer, and even then you MIGHT want to step down a bit, regardless of the satisfaction problems you are having. There are other ways to get a more satisfying vape.

Assuming you are a former smoker, you may find more satisfaction with those higher nic levels in higher resistance atomizers, but some folks do go straight to subohming. The feeling is different but the lower nicotine levels absorb better. I used to vape 24mg in low wattage, MTL devices and now can make myself nic sick subohming with 2.4mg if I'm not careful.

Can you explain what exactly you aren't finding satisfying? It will make a difference if, for example, you don't find the throat hit to be enough, or if you're not happy with the vapor production, or if you're not happy with the flavor. I understand if you can't put your finger on it, but see if you tell us exactly what you are hoping to improve in your experience.

Reactions: geoffd

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Oh goodness, you don't want to use 24mg nic with subohm coils. Most people won't enjoy that, anyway... the vast majority. It will feel extremely harsh and make you ill pretty quick. Once you get towards 1ohm and below, most folks use 12mg or less. MAYBE 18mg if you're towards the top of that range.

That 24mg juice will be best in a 1.5+ohm atomizer, and even then you MIGHT want to step down a bit, regardless of the satisfaction problems you are having. There are other ways to get a more satisfying vape.

Assuming you are a former smoker, you may find more satisfaction with those higher nic levels in higher resistance atomizers, but some folks do go straight to subohming. The feeling is different but the lower nicotine levels absorb better. I used to vape 24mg in low wattage, MTL devices and now can make myself nic sick subohming with 2.4mg if I'm not careful.

Can you explain what exactly you aren't finding satisfying? It will make a difference if, for example, you don't find the throat hit to be enough, or if you're not happy with the vapor production, or if you're not happy with the flavor. I understand if you can't put your finger on it, but see if you tell us exactly what you are hoping to improve in your experience.
Just because it's a .7 ohm coil doesn't mean it will be harsh. Sub ohm has more to do with the way your inhaling , like DL then an actual number imo. If you were vaping a nautilus tank, one with a .7 ohm coil and one with a 1.6 ohm coil I don't think one is going to be so completely different . I do it all the time in my rtas, some .5 some 1.4 and tbh there are not much different. Yes the lower one will heat faster and perhaps slightly warmer but if you just lower the wattage slightly on the lower resistance one and its exactly the same. I think the harshness comes from DL inhaling on lower resistance coils with hi nic and hi power

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I really think it's a fair statement that especially 24mg nicotine will be too much for most people at lower resistances which require higher power. If you're happy vaping a .7 at 15W, you might be all right, but I don't think it's a particularly controversial statement that many people do find that to be far too much nicotine as they dip below 1ohm and increase the power accordingly.

Of course some people may enjoy 18 or 24mg well below .7ohms, and some will find 3-6mg satisfying up at 1.5ohms. These are going to be outliers.

While airflow, coil surface area, type of flavoring, type of topper, and other factors will all come into play, it is well known that higher nicotine levels will produce a harsher hit as the resistance lowers and if you crank up the power accordingly. We're talking as a general rule here and your experience sounds atypical... unless you are lowering the wattage of the lower res coil to below that of what you use for the higher res, which would also be unusual.

Considering the OP specifically said that 24mg and .7ohms in a Nautilus makes his/her skin crawls, the nicotine level is worth taking a look at. I also think it's worth it for the OP to understand that many people (if not most) don't tend to have your experience with nicotine levels and need to reduce the nic level to some degree as they lower resistance, at least as reported on here and other forums.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I made the mistake of thinking that more nic will be "satisfying." And the higher, the better. What I found was that I wasn't being satisfied a) because the over-nicotine was making me feel vaguely ill, and b) I might have been expecting too smooth a transition from vaping/cigs. I found lowering my nic count to be helpful, in the sense that I can vape more OFTEN (satisfying nicotine cravings) I mean, the idea of taking more than 2 or 3 hits from my vaporizer wasn't appealing as it made me feel bad.... Whereas, paradoxically, now, it's easier. I have a sub-ohm beast that I use first thing and during times I'm really antsy, and if I want to vape a bunch all at once. A smaller, higher nic tank for when I am in a rush, don't want to turn the town white, etc. So, I'm probably consuming the same amount of nicotine, while reinforcing my ability to vape more frequently/longer and extinguishing the smoking habit.

Also, depending on how much you smoke(d) and for how long, vaping isn't going to be an immediate fix. You will still have to detox from everything that's in a cigarette (tar, different alkaloids, etc.) and that's not the easiest thing in the world. You could cross taper, if that's your thing, or drastically reduce cig smoking and suffer, or even cold turkey but a) find a device(s) that work for you, and b) establish vaping habits that work, first.

There are some diff options for transitional juices/differently made juices if you're really tearing your hair out, but you probably want to get what you have working well for you, first.

Anna

poirot

May 15, 2017

thanks for kind reply. what i am not getting is the thump at the back of the throat or throat hit if you will Iam useing 0.7 ohm coil on a nautilus 2 at around 15.4 watts . I can,t use 24mgs of nic as it makes my skin crawl so i use 18 mgs of nic all the vape shops in my local either 70pg 30vg or 50/50. Idon,t sub ohm just mtl I am researching where to get some pg to add to my shop bought liquids next step could be poss diy sorry for the long post

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
thanks for kind reply. what i am not getting is the thump at the back of the throat or throat hit if you will Iam useing 0.7 ohm coil on a nautilus 2 at around 15.4 watts . I can,t use 24mgs of nic as it makes my skin crawl so i use 18 mgs of nic all the vape shops in my local either 70pg 30vg or 50/50. Idon,t sub ohm just mtl I am researching where to get some pg to add to my shop bought liquids next step could be poss diy sorry for the long post
You can buy PG from lots of places. www.myfreedomsmokes.com has it. Also, www.wizardlabs.us has it. I actually got a gallon of it from my local Southern Agriculture store. (It's used for cows.....not sure how.).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um... I believe that with anything below 1.0 ohm is considered sub-ohming. Your tank should have come with two coils, one 0.7 (probably pre-installed on the tank) and a 1.8 coil (NOT sub ohm). Try switching the coil and see if that helps you with the MTL thing. You can easily buy more coils that aren't sub-ohm at your vape shop or online. Hopefully, that will help you. I do think a higher resistance coil might give you what you are looking for, even though the one you are vaping is at a pretty low wattage. Anna

poirot

May 15, 2017
I made the mistake of thinking that more nic will be "satisfying." And the higher, the better. What I found was that I wasn't being satisfied a) because the over-nicotine was making me feel vaguely ill, and b) I might have been expecting too smooth a transition from vaping/cigs. I found lowering my nic count to be helpful, in the sense that I can vape more OFTEN (satisfying nicotine cravings) I mean, the idea of taking more than 2 or 3 hits from my vaporizer wasn't appealing as it made me feel bad.... Whereas, paradoxically, now, it's easier. I have a sub-ohm beast that I use first thing and during times I'm really antsy, and if I want to vape a bunch all at once. A smaller, higher nic tank for when I am in a rush, don't want to turn the town white, etc. So, I'm probably consuming the same amount of nicotine, while reinforcing my ability to vape more frequently/longer and extinguishing the smoking habit.

Also, depending on how much you smoke(d) and for how long, vaping isn't going to be an immediate fix. You will still have to detox from everything that's in a cigarette (tar, different alkaloids, etc.) and that's not the easiest thing in the world. You could cross taper, if that's your thing, or drastically reduce cig smoking and suffer, or even cold turkey but a) find a device(s) that work for you, and b) establish vaping habits that work, first.

There are some diff options for transitional juices/differently made juices if you're really tearing your hair out, but you probably want to get what you have working well for you, first.

Anna

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Yes, anything below 1.0ohm is technically subohming, so you are already subohming. Subohm coils, especially as they approach 1ohm, can still be used for MTL with appropriate airflow.

I agree considering DIY may be the logical next step here so you can up your PG percentage for more throat hit, if the nicotine level is making you sick at 24mg. You can also zero in in-between 24 and 18mg if you need to. People sometimes add small amounts of Pure Grain Alcohol (PGA) to their DIY mixes to increase throat hit.

I honestly think if you're having this much trouble you might at least consider trying something higher powered that may be a direct lung. I understand right now you MTL and may ultimately prefer that, and I don't know how much you've tried things that output more power. Even if you want to keep MTLing, there are tanks that have looser MTL draws or tighter draws and allow different coils etc., just so many different options. My basic point is that there's a lot of things you can "fiddle" with to increase your satisfaction, but a lot less so if you're dogged about wanting to stick to a specific style, device/topper, or specific resistance. It is totally your right to be dogged about it; you like what you like. I'm just saying that given your trouble, you may want to think about broadening your options some.

But of course we can still help you try and get a better vape from what you have now and maybe some DIY supplies. It just sounds like the set-ups you've tried so far weren't the right fit for you... but there are so many options available I believe there's a right fit for everyone.

poirot

May 15, 2017
hi i smoked analogues for about forty years the last twenty i rolled my own now i vape on 18 mgs i have several devices ranging from istick 30 watt innokin t22 eleaf 80watt nautilus 2 so i;ve got a good range so once i,ve tweeked it i should be ok i,ve mainly used tobacco flavours but have tried element strawberry and nrg quite nice but none as yet hve give me the harsh throat hit i am looking for thankyou for your repy

poirot

May 15, 2017
Yes, anything below 1.0ohm is technically subohming, so you are already subohming. Subohm coils, especially as they approach 1ohm, can still be used for MTL with appropriate airflow.

I agree considering DIY may be the logical next step here so you can up your PG percentage for more throat hit, if the nicotine level is making you sick at 24mg. You can also zero in in-between 24 and 18mg if you need to. People sometimes add small amounts of Pure Grain Alcohol (PGA) to their DIY mixes to increase throat hit.

I honestly think if you're having this much trouble you might at least consider trying something higher powered that may be a direct lung. I understand right now you MTL and may ultimately prefer that, and I don't know how much you've tried things that output more power. Even if you want to keep MTLing, there are tanks that have looser MTL draws or tighter draws and allow different coils etc., just so many different options. My basic point is that there's a lot of things you can "fiddle" with to increase your satisfaction, but a lot less so if you're dogged about wanting to stick to a specific style, device/topper, or specific resistance. It is totally your right to be dogged about it; you like what you like. I'm just saying that given your trouble, you may want to think about broadening your options some.

But of course we can still help you try and get a better vape from what you have now and maybe some DIY supplies. It just sounds like the set-ups you've tried so far weren't the right fit for you... but there are so many options available I believe there's a right fit for everyone.

poirot

May 15, 2017
I think its probably the liquids i have as i,m in a small town in somerset uk there is not a lot of choice but am looking on line . I do have an eleaf 80 watt and i put a isub v tank on it with a 0.5 coil not bad but as i have said throat hit not harsh enough but i am tweeking and i am sure i will get there . Thanks for advice and support from everyone you guys over there seem to have a really good chioce of vape equipment and liquids.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um... How harsh a throat hit are you exactly looking for? I think a "thump" isn't going to describe any kind of.... e-cig device that I'm aware of, necessarily.... Maybe you need to talk to the DIY coil builders and other options? Even 100% p.g. liquid at the HIGHEST strength you can get, it's not going to appraoch what a cigarette feels like. Did you manage to get the throat hit you "wanted" on any device? IDK much about the pure grain alcohol option and personally I can't imagine INHALING that, but you may want to investigate it?

I'm just confused at this point EXACTLY what you are looking for, and if you have achieved it EVER in the past? Because, there aren't going to be little men with hammers thumping your throat. E-cigs aren't like cigarettes. If you are looking for that, you won't find it, I don't think.

That said, there are lots of GOOD things about e- cigarettes, and it may involve stepping out of your comfort zone? Personally, I think you should try sub-ohming at higher wattages with mostly VG juice, and see if that mimics more of what you want? Have you tried that? I mean, mouth to lung is great, sometimes, but there IS a harshness to sub-ohm huge vapor clouds at lower nicotine that you may find you like better? I'd try that, if you haven't. I know it sounds paradoxical but with the right flavor, you may actually find it's more "concrete" in a way, especially if you do it say, 10x in a row. I'm just.... saying. It's an option. But, good luck.

Also, is the "perfect" throat hit worth throwing in the towel on e-cigs? You may find with some changes, you aren't getting exactly what you "thought" would satisfy you, when otherwise.... no?

Did you try something kinda out of the box like a JUUL for a while (super high nic) and now you're disappointed with refillable options? I'm just really confused, here.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread