smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Been away for a bit, for a good reason. I've been extremely satisfied with my current setup and it's led me to be less involved here, and read much less on the forums.

o-CHRIS-BROWN-FRANK-OCEAN-facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Infinite

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 3, 2012
    SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
    I've been vaping for about 4 1/2 years, have always DIY my juice and keep my juice very simple with very low flavor concentration. Oddly enough, after being very content with an assortment of mechanical mods and toppers... for the last 6ish months ive been in a buying frenzy looking for new vapordom.

So have bought all of the Griffin's avocado, avocado 24, aromizer, aromizer supreme, IPV 5, Sig 213, and my most recent purchase the Wismec RX200s just yesterday.

Tired just writing my purchases of the last few months. I'm done chasing...that Sig 213 was the worst purchase of all...lost money but luckily a local BM exchanged it for at least functional (TC) Wismec.

That was my clue to go back to what has worked so many years for me- Keeping it simple and CHEAP!

The new regulations only further ignited a buying frenzy that I have been in. Saving for a DNA mod and calling it Done!!!

For those that have not tried their hand at DIY juice and don't make coils...this is an excellent time to learn. My motivation has always been cost driven...the uncertainty of our collective fight should motivate everyone else while we fight on! Besides, you don't deserve a car if you can't drive or know how to fill the gas tank...same basic principle can be applied to vaping I suppose. Not that it's not nice to have "full service" gas station options!!! Lol.

A lot to say for someone that has not posted in years. [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lessifer

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2016
    After starting to DIY my juice I noticed i was expending way less time reading Juice review threads.
    I am still saving up for the perfect hardware setup which for me would probably be the horizon Arctic I already have, the tfv4 nano I have on my r-steam 80w TC as a backup, another joyetech ego AIO (I broke mine) as my secondary backup, a Cubis tank, a Cleito tank, a crown tank, and a couple of dual 18650 box mods like the cuboid and the fuchai 213 v2 and the IPV d5. If I could afford all that and a charger and batteries and coils I would be in vape heavens for at least a year. I have no need for more than 200w and frankly I think even that high a wattage should have a ballast on it like for anything over 80w I would carry one even if it was heavy just for safety's sake. I have grown weed under lights as powerful as today's mods and they were all ballasted...

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I discovered ECF the day after buying my first Mod. That was almost a year ago and I've hardly missed a day checking in here since. This forum has become my Facebook. I have a family of friends that I've made here.

Along with my own thpethial version of shinyitis I've developed a serious case of contestitis. After nearly a year of membership I've won 5 Mods. The only one I've kept tho is the first one that I won. KSD e-Huge with Squape, basically a 26650 Vamo VV/VW Mod. I was so impressed with the e-Huge that it set my vaping preference since the first time I used it. The other higher power mods I've won have all been sold or traded for 18350 capable Mods, ProTanks and DIY supplies. After starting with an eGrip V1 this is where my vape preference has landed and where it will stay. With all that I've learned from the archived threads about my low power devices and tanks they are more than capable of all the Vape I'll ever need.

I assume I'll be here everyday forever, with my login page set to 'new posts' there is always something interesting to get into.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    What is the best regulation proof setup for someone who doesn't know how to build coils yet???
    If you're not ready to go mechanical, get a provari. By all accounts they're incredibly reliable. As for the atomizers, you really should learn to wrap coils. It really isn't hard and the only "special" equipment you need is an ohm meter, which most regulated mods have built in. A simple two or three post dripper is really easy to learn on, you just wrap the coil(can be done on the included screwdriver), install it, put in some wick(cotton), drip, and vape. Drippers are easier to learn on because the wicking is more forgiving than a tank, and you don't have to worry about needing to dump a tank of liquid in case you need to rebuild.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    I was off efc for a couple years but came back when I heard about the deeming regs. I knew I could get the real scoop here and learn about building coils :)

And chest freezer buying tips. :D (So not kidding...)

The deeming regs have pulled many old timers back out from the shadows.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    What is the best regulation proof setup for someone who doesn't know how to build coils yet???

That's gonna be a problem - the not building coils part. As recommended a Provari 2.5 is solid and practically indestructible - albeit very low wattage. For a mechanical - with zero electronics to fail - I suggest getting a metal Reo and a basic RM2 atomizer to go with. One of the simpler attys to build coils for and learn.

And maybe some spare parts - because you can actually buy spare parts for a Reo.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I'm in broadly the same boat and the comment a few posts about about having smoked the same thing for years certainly struck home with me - I smoked the same brand of pipes with the same brand of tobacco from 1974 til last October and was happy with that.

When I took to vaping and realised it worked for me I discovered the the EEC was about to bring in restrictions on vaping - had it not been for that I'd probably have run happily for ever with two iStick 30w mods and a couple of Nautilus minis...so I went on a bit of a future proofing buying spree adding drippers squonkers etc to my stock "just in case" learned to build coils and DIY juice.

I've laid in my stocks, but still use iSticks, Nauti Minis and GS Air tanks as my everyday devices with unflavoured juice and am happy with this - so I'm not on as much as I used to be however.

What I am though is very grateful to ECF for all the info and help it has given me, so I keep checking in and contributing where I can.

Reactions: Glinda

Swede

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2011
    Canada
    Nice feedback on this thread, thanks everyone...

Personally, my DNA40 Hcigar is my backup now, and I have several spare RTA tanks. My freezer has over 1/2 of the 1L jug of 48mg I bought a year ago to do my DIY unflavored. I also have another 1L of 100mg base and probably 3 or 4L of 50/50 pg/vg, I'm good for several years as far as eliquid goes.

As for the tech craze, I found out that I like 26ga stainless on wattage mode more than any TC setup I tried (and I tried them all Ni, Ti, and SS) I vape a single coil 26ga SS on wattage set at 22w, that's just my thing... I have TC capable devices, but much prefer the wattage mode. The fact that I vape unflavored might have a lot to do with that...

I do go through a fair amount of juice and premix by the litre to fill my day to day 50ml bottles. I find myself making a L of premix every 2-3 months I think, and it's dirt cheap. I'll probably spend less on juice than batteries over the next few years...

Reactions: ScandaLeX
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread