• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Saying goodbye to my Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I hate this part of having a friend/pet. I hate making the decision to let her go. I hate that she is in pain and doesn't understand what is happening. She can hardly walk she is almost blind and she doesn't hear very good. She is 14 yrs old and i LOVE her with all my heart but i can't make her get better no matter how much i spend on meds. The new meds worked for about a week but now she hardly wants to eat I have to beg her and hand feed her.

What will i do without my best friend? I even got her a ramp last year because i could see she was having a hard time with the steps. Now she is outside and too big for me to help her walk back in :( I can't because i have tried, she only weighs 70 lbs but she is really a big sized dog.Bigger than a Shepard dog.She is a house dog so i hope she can make it back inside one more time. I will take her to the vet as soon as they open and it hurts me so much to say goodbye.:cry:

My little girl Shadow was a stray that i adopted when someone dumped her on my street. She was a puppy and so cute and sweet. She had mange when i found her and bought her to my home. She looked like a bear cub and acted like she was my Shadow. The vet says 14 is pretty long for a big dog to live BUT in my heart it is not long enough.

I just wanted to put this here in memory for my best friend. I hate what will happen later today and am in tears with my heart breaking for her.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I believe that also.
smiley-hug011.gif

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
--A DOG’S PRAYER:

If it should be, that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then, you must do what must be done
For this, the last battle, can't be won.

Don't let your grief stay your hand,
For this day more than the rest,
Your love and friendship stand the test.
We've had so many years,

What is to come can hold no fear.
You'd not want me to suffer, so
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend,

Only, stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you'll see it is a kindness
you do for me

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Don't grieve it should be you who this
thing decides to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years,

Don't let your heart hold tears.
Smile, for we walked together for awhile.

- Author Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread